DE Owamagbe Odighizuwa

This looks like the same old tired story. I'm afraid, like it or not, Owa is savoring the attention to some degree. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but let's not continue to paint it like he doesn't want any attention/recognition... because he is announcing at his high school on signing day as opposed to just telling the press over the phones before then and getting it over with.

Nebraska came close, but in the end location (whether it be close-to-home or the big warm beach city) and manipulative recruiting almost always beat out great football tradition and a more honest, no-nonsense recruiting approach. Nebraska is the great, handsome, hard-working guy who just isn't ever quite exotic, charming, mysterious or clever enough to nab the ridiculously hot girl.

Good luck to Owa at UCLA or Oregon St. I do think he'll have some regret down the road, because Nebraska seems poised to become a special football program in the very near future, while UCLA is stuck at average and Oregon St. will continue to play third fiddle to USC and Oregon more years than not.

We're not getting Owa this recruiting class. Yea he thinks Neb would be a decent fit but not the right fit- he'll settle on OSU or UCLA.

I agree and the same thing is going to happen with the QB from Florida. To cold and to far.

I wish everyone would just relax and stay positive. There is really nothing that tells us which of the three schools he will choose. For people to say that we are out of this one is silly. I understand if it is a gut feeling, but we just have no hard evidence to suggest this.

My fiance has this habit that I absolutely hate. In order for her to avoid ever being let down, she never gets her hopes up. Kind of seems like the same situation for many Husker fans.

• Fire 3

All of a sudden there is sure a lot of post-7093-126459832758.jpg in this thread.

I suppose this is just a way for some people to soften the blow if he doesn't commit, but folks, the sky is not falling here.

Worst case scenario is he commits to some Pac 10 school that will not exceed mediocrity when he is there. At least we will likely not have to play against him. I'd really be upset if he was picking some Big 12 North school or something.

Let's hope for the best and see what happens!! :koolaid2::restore:woo

...didn't see this posted when people were trying to tie Glover together w/ Owa. Glover's from CA. Don't think he'd have any ties to Owa.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/nebraska/football/recruiting/player-Dominic-Glover-39045

As for the 10-20 posts on facebook adds - don't forget that he has to approve his friends. (i'm not one of them) I know we all talk about how Owa is "different" than the other drama hungry recruits...but he still likes his ego fed like the rest of us. He's starting to get caught up in it a little bit. There has probably been no less than 250 posts stating "he doesn't want to play the hat game" Most of them were around the Army All-American game. The reality of it might have been, he just didn't want to announce at the game along w/ 15 other people and get lost in the announcements. Now we've got him announcing on ESPN or wherever...and you guessed it - "playing the hat game".

We've already annointed him almighty so it's ok now...but a lot of what we have based our "solid head on his shoulders" and "humble" opininions on have been the fact that he didn't want to play the hat game at the Army All-American game because he respected the coaches recruiting him too much. I personally am backing off that opinion a little bit.

Crusify me for stating the obvious...but he hasn't done anything to this point to lead me to believe he doesn't like the limelight, and doesn't enjoy the drama of it all. He's not Bryce Brown, (hopefully - Owa hasn't signed yet)...but he's certianly not humbly commiting to a school either.

• Fire 2

I think its funny how some of the people saying we have no chance to get him now are the people who over the weekend were reporting that he was already N. I specifically remember typ3kal posting the facebook page confirming it and now he is the one saying we have no chance, we lost him. If you don't have any information just sit back and wait, that is all we can do. Stop hyping that we got him and then turning around and saying its all over we are out. At this point no one knows and we just have to kill time.

• Fire 1

I will repeat, him adding OSU back at this point does not make any sense unless he is getting cold feet about leaving the state of Oregon. Pelini may have had the best meeting with him, the staff may have a great bond with him, but who knows if that is enough to get him away from home. I don't recall anyone saying the sky is falling, but as far as I am concerned, this young man may not end up in Lincoln as so many have hoped, and so many with "inside" information have proclaimed. I am an eternal optimist, but I am also a realist. I'm sorry if my view of the events that have transpired doesn't sit well, but it is in my nature as an analytical person.

One thing is for sure, in about a week we will have our answer. I sure hope he comes to Nebraska. With Pelini's tutelage, he could be a superstar.

• Fire 1