DE Owamagbe Odighizuwa

On a side note, OSU just snatched up a new DE recruit today. :star :star :star Dominic Glover.

That puts OSU's extremely small class, which includes three DTs (two 4-stars and one 3-star) and now a 3-star DE. Not sure if that affects Owa's decision at all. Nebraska currently has two DTs and four DEs. But who's counting?

I wonder if Dominic Glover has any thing to do with Owa putting OSU back on his list. For instance, prior relationship? Glover is a JuCo kid from SoCal. Anyone know where is was from before he went to JuCo?

This is just a shot in the dark....

On a side note, OSU just snatched up a new DE recruit today. :star :star :star Dominic Glover.

That puts OSU's extremely small class, which includes three DTs (two 4-stars and one 3-star) and now a 3-star DE. Not sure if that affects Owa's decision at all. Nebraska currently has two DTs and four DEs. But who's counting?

I wonder if Dominic Glover has any thing to do with Owa putting OSU back on his list. For instance, prior relationship? Glover is a JuCo kid from SoCal. Anyone know where is was from before he went to JuCo?

Rivals said he signed LOI at Oregon in 2007

Brian Christopherson of the LJS spoke with Owa's coach and wrote the following in the Life in the Red blog.

So Owamagbe Odighizuwa has replaced Oregon with Oregon State on his short list.

What's it mean, if anything, to Nebraska and UCLA, the other two teams that make up that list?

I mentioned to Dan Wood, Odighizuwa's high school coach, that there'd be some Nebraskans freaking out if a player of Owa's fanfare were thinking about leaving for a school outside the state.

So I asked the coach if there's been a lot of pressure from people in the state for Owa to go to either Oregon State or Oregon.

"I haven't sensed much of that at all," Wood said. "You're probably the first person I've heard mention that concept. I haven't heard a lot of that at all. Owa and I have never talked about in-state, out-of-state loyalty at all. All we've talked about is what's the best fit for you."

For the record, Wood said he did not think distance would play a factor in Owa's decision, noting that Los Angeles seems about as far from Portland as Lincoln when you get down to it.

It's about 1,600 miles from here to Portland and about 965 from Portland to Los Angeles. (If you quibble with those numbers, take it up with Mapquest.) If it's UCLA or Nebraska for Owa, you're getting on an airplane either way. Wood's point is well-taken.

I took the liberty of bolding the part I find particularly interesting in light of what some have speculated about why Owa put OSU back in his top 3. Of course his coach wouldn't come out and say, "Yeah, Owa just put OSU in there to satisfy those annoying locals from pestering him." But his quote is still interesting.

• Fire 2

Brian Christopherson of the LJS spoke with Owa's coach and wrote the following in the Life in the Red blog.

What's it mean, if anything, to Nebraska and UCLA, the other two teams that make up that list?

I mentioned to Dan Wood, Odighizuwa's high school coach, that there'd be some Nebraskans freaking out if a player of Owa's fanfare were thinking about leaving for a school outside the state.

So I asked the coach if there's been a lot of pressure from people in the state for Owa to go to either Oregon State or Oregon.

"I haven't sensed much of that at all," Wood said. "You're probably the first person I've heard mention that concept. I haven't heard a lot of that at all. Owa and I have never talked about in-state, out-of-state loyalty at all. All we've talked about is what's the best fit for you."

For the record, Wood said he did not think distance would play a factor in Owa's decision, noting that Los Angeles seems about as far from Portland as Lincoln when you get down to it.

It's about 1,600 miles from here to Portland and about 965 from Portland to Los Angeles. (If you quibble with those numbers, take it up with Mapquest.) If it's UCLA or Nebraska for Owa, you're getting on an airplane either way. Wood's point is well-taken.

I took the liberty of bolding the part I find particularly interesting in light of what some have speculated about why Owa put OSU back in his top 3. Of course his coach wouldn't come out and say, "Yeah, Owa just put OSU in there to satisfy those annoying locals from pestering him." But his quote is still interesting.

Coach Woods has never seen fans like the ones from NU. He doesn't realize we get all CSI on this stuff and analyze every clue for its true meaning or lack there of.

What I fear is that Owa is having last minute cold feet about taking the big leap and coming to the midwest so far from home which is why OSU is getting back into it with another hard long look.

If this was the case why add OSU back in? Wouldnt Oregon fit that mold as well?

I don't think it is for theatrics, because what difference does it make if he adds a local team for 9 days to his list he is considering?

I agree it isnt for theatrics but I believe that it is a safety blanket.

Put yourself in his shoes. You are one of 28 or so five star prospects in the nation in a state where they dont grow too many big time athletes to begin with and you are planning on leaving the state. Can you imagine how much crap you would take if you committed to a school before signing day? Can you imagine how many people would try to talk you out of it? I think that UO has been out ever since his mom told him distance shouldnt factor into his choice.

I am writing him off at this point to OSU, just a gut feeling. I sure hope I am wrong, but it is awful hard to completely leave the nest for some kids. I know it was for myself, and I wasn't even seriously looking at moving half-way across the country.

Prepare to eat crow. Not being rude but I have a feeling you will be.

I really hope you are right, but adding OSU back at this point makes absolutely no sense unless he is having serious second thoughts about leaving the nest. More times than not, the nerves he is fighting to leave home will not go away. Whether it be before committing, before signing, or midway through his first year.

I completely agree that OSU is a safety blanket, but it makes no sense to add them back at this point if he isn't giving them a serious look.

As was posted after I made my post:

Coach would probably know if he was receiving pressure from inside the state. I hope I am wrong, but I think this is something to definitely be concerned about. The methodology that some have inferred for him re-adding a team does not stack up, IMO.

Rivals said he signed LOI at Oregon in 2007

Interesting.....Let's hope this is just a coincidence. Hopefully Owa wasn't thinking OU b/c this kid was possibly going back to them, then they talk yesterday and Glover says he's going to OSU, and now Owa has OSU on his list instead of OU.

here's something to think about... We all know that Owa has been talking to his high school coach lately. we know that his coach is an OSU alum. maybe... just maybe... his coach asked him to put Oregon State back in the conversation to pressure JUCO DE Dominic Glover to pledge OSU before that DE spot is taken up. sure enough, Glover commits to Oregon State today. maybe the final two really are UCLA and Nebraska, and if that's true... he's N.

here's something to think about... We all know that Owa has been talking to his high school coach lately. we know that his coach is an OSU alum. maybe... just maybe... his coach asked him to put Oregon State back in the conversation to pressure JUCO DE Dominic Glover to pledge OSU before that DE spot is taken up. sure enough, Glover commits to Oregon State today. maybe the final two really are UCLA and Nebraska, and if that's true... he's N.

Interesting perspective. Kind of an interesting way to get the other kid to force his hand. If he wanted the best to go there, he'd be pushing Owa. Maybe he is doing just that.