DE Owamagbe Odighizuwa

I certainly hope Owa ends up at Nebraska but he'd just be the icing on a fairly solid class. Nebraska football will go on with or without him. Good luck to the young man in his decision.

The kid is so likable that if he doesn't end up here, I would probably find myself tuning into his games no matter where he ends up just to see how he ends up doing.

However, that won't be necessary, because he will see the light. In Carl he Trusts.

Agreed with the first sentence. He seems like a good kid. I'm a little disappointed that he is dragging this out so long but it really is a huge decision for him. Hope he ends up in red.

A few things, first, the in home visits are big. He had four based on the article earlier. They were important enough for him that he re-added

OSU and eliminated UO. Secondly, recruiting is a business of A B C. Always be closing. OSU was dead in the water had no shot and guess what, they didn't take no for an answer and Mike Riley asked and got an in home. Lastly, we were dead at one time and no back in the mix, so can't be upset he is adding and eliminating now.

This will be settled in one week, considering the amount of time that this has been going on, it is right around the corner.

I need a drink, I am thinking about going here for one. (2 minute video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8G4GWbUzBZU

Taking into account everything I've read from interviews to the rumor mill, it sounds to me like he knows he wants to go to Nebraska, but the distance factor is big for him, not his mom. Which is completely understandable. But what you have to realize is once you enter a D-1 football program, you could be down the street going to college and it would still be like moving across the country. Once the season starts, it's football and class and sleep. And if you go to a college that isn't right down the block, such as UCLA, again, you might as well have moved across the country, because you're a long ways away from home in a totally new environment with new people and a whole new life.

But if in the end he decides to make his decision based on what's best for his future as a football player, the Brothers Pelini and Nebraska are the answer.

Ok im going to have to do this to keep everyone sane and post what an Admin posted on Huskerpedia...(they quote you guys so i figure they OWA us) The Admin said he got this in his email take it FWIW

Link

Hello,

I regularly read your board, and love it. But I don't have posting privileges. I felt compelled to contact you and let you know that thePortland Tribune reporting (sports, in particular) is notoriously incompetent. In this case, the reporter writes like someone from back east who doesn't even know the difference between Oregon and Oregon State. Owa has not dropped Oregon and suddenly re-added Oregon State. THe final three are Oregon, UCLA and the Huskers. And I'm fairly sure reports of the list narrowing to two were premature as well. It pains me to read a bunch of you wracking your brains trying to figure out what is going on, when in fact, things have basically remained the same. The only change is the infusion of misinformation. Go Huskers, a Grey Beard Oregon Husker.

Ok im going to have to do this to keep everyone sane and post what an Admin posted on Huskerpedia...(they quote you guys so i figure they OWA us) The Admin said he got this in his email take it FWIW

Link

Hello,

I regularly read your board, and love it. But I don't have posting privileges. I felt compelled to contact you and let you know that thePortland Tribune reporting (sports, in particular) is notoriously incompetent. In this case, the reporter writes like someone from back east who doesn't even know the difference between Oregon and Oregon State. Owa has not dropped Oregon and suddenly re-added Oregon State. THe final three are Oregon, UCLA and the Huskers. And I'm fairly sure reports of the list narrowing to two were premature as well. It pains me to read a bunch of you wracking your brains trying to figure out what is going on, when in fact, things have basically remained the same. The only change is the infusion of misinformation. Go Huskers, a Grey Beard Oregon Husker.

Owa has publicly added OSU back and elimanted Oregon...so obviously the Portland Tribune knew what they were talking about......

Link

Hello,

Owa has publicly added OSU back and elimanted Oregon...so obviously the Portland Tribune knew what they were talking about......

Rivals is reporting this as well. It's not just the Portland Trib. Plus, they even quote Owa talking about the switch.

im not a premium member so i guess you guys would know more then I...but the only quote i saw posted on here did in fact say OSU but it also said he was a tight end...it would be easy to mis quote Oregon and OSU if they cant even get his college poistion right. Again im sure you guys have seen different articles...just thought it was interesting is all.

im new to this and all but how do we know Rivals and scout didnt pull that info from the article....and we are all worried for nothing? Again new to recruiting its an honest question?

Yea I am positive. Rivals did their own interview with Owa in which he said that OSU is back in it. Great to have you on the recruiting front man. It seems like a lot of info to keep with at first because a lot of guys on the recruiting know a lot of stuff, but I am sure you will get the hang of it in no time.

im not a premium member so i guess you guys would know more then I...but the only quote i saw posted on here did in fact say OSU but it also said he was a tight end...it would be easy to mis quote Oregon and OSU if they cant even get his college poistion right. Again im sure you guys have seen different articles...just thought it was interesting is all.

Owa did play both TE and DE. If you listen to the interview(July) where they ask him what he is working on, he says, TE/DE.

The article mentioned that OSU had an in home and we know from reports that UO and Kelly had the first one on Monday of last week.

Confusing!!!

It's a bit odd that Rivals posted two contradictory things today. In the latest AMP video, Crabtree talks about the top two recruits in the state of Oregon that are still undecided. He lists Owa's top three as Nebraska, Oregon and UCLA.

But then on Oregon St.'s Rivals page they posted a story today about Owa putting OSU back into the picture (replacing Oregon). They even have a brief interview with Owa in which he talks about Oregon St. being back in it. So Obviously Crabtree is just wrong, but you'd think Rivals would be a little more on top of the latest info on one of the top remaining undecided recruits in the nation.

In Owa's interview, he says that all three schools are in a dead tie (what else would he say, right?). But he also says that in the end he will make his decision based on his gut feeling. He said he will choose the school where he could most see himself excelling. That makes me feel pretty confident about our chances.

If Owa was a silent commit... why would he be bringing OSU back into it and taking OU out of it.. and why would he keep pushing his announcement date back?

Oh and for the record, the rivals analysts say history proves these situations playing out with the home school winning.

I don't understand how we can be in a dead heat with UCLA and OSU... REALLY!!!!!????? Both of those schools will never win a national championship and we will most likely be playing for one in the next 3 years.

If Owa was a silent commit... why would he be bringing OSU back into it and taking OU out of it.. and why would he keep pushing his announcement date back?

Oh and for the record, the rivals analysts say history proves these situations playing out with the home school winning.

I don't understand how we can be in a dead heat with UCLA and OSU... REALLY!!!!!????? Both of those schools will never win a national championship and we will most likely be playing for one in the next 3 years.

My guess Owa said they are all in a dead heat because if he didn't then everyone would be pushing for him to commit right now. Also he probably added OSU because if it was just UCLA and Nebraska he would get a lot crap from people from the state of Oregon...just my opinion.