DE Owamagbe Odighizuwa

Owa told Scout that he thinks he'll announce on TV on Feb. 3rd, but isn't sure.

^^ The bolded words shows lack of certitude. Therefore I see it going down any of the following ways:

-- He'll announce on Feb. 3rd on TV.

-- He'll announce on Feb. 3rd, but not on TV.

-- He'll announce whenever it feels right, either before or on Feb. 3rd.

Owa told Scout that he thinks he'll announce on TV on Feb. 3rd, but isn't sure.

^^ The bolded words shows lack of certitude. Therefore I see it going down any of the following ways:

-- He'll announce on Feb. 3rd on TV.

-- He'll announce on Feb. 3rd, but not on TV.

-- He'll announce whenever it feels right, either before or on Feb. 3rd.

worry if he adds...

-- He'll announce on Feb. 3rd on TV... but only on the Jerry Springer show.

I see it this way - getting Owa to come to Nebraska would be a huge "win" for us. He's a great kid, a great talent, and he could do great things here under this coaching staff.

However, our culture is pretty clear. We have a hard-nosed working ethic about the program. We are solid, character-driven people. We have a dedication amongst our coaches and fans that is second to none. We expect that same dedication from our players and our recruits.

This is all very clear. Bo isn't beating around the bush.

If Owa knows all this, and you can't believe for a second he doesn't, and he chooses another school, no matter how talented he is, we didn't want him in the first place. That's the bottom line.

This post kind of bothered me for some reason. I live in Kansas City...deal with KU football fans on a nearly daily basis. Finding one that can even name the starting QB is rare, but they sure think their sh** don't stink. This post was just overflowing with the same type of ego. We are NOT in a position as a program where we are able to make 25 offers to the best players and expect all 25 to be committed 8 months before signing day. To say that if he doesn't commit - "we didn't want him in the first place" - is beyond ignorant. (with all due respect)

I see it this way - getting Owa to come to Nebraska would be a huge "win" for us. He's a great kid, a great talent, and he could do great things here under this coaching staff.

However, our culture is pretty clear. We have a hard-nosed working ethic about the program. We are solid, character-driven people. We have a dedication amongst our coaches and fans that is second to none. We expect that same dedication from our players and our recruits.

This is all very clear. Bo isn't beating around the bush.

If Owa knows all this, and you can't believe for a second he doesn't, and he chooses another school, no matter how talented he is, we didn't want him in the first place. That's the bottom line.

This post kind of bothered me for some reason. I live in Kansas City...deal with KU football fans on a nearly daily basis. Finding one that can even name the starting QB is rare, but they sure think their sh** don't stink. This post was just overflowing with the same type of ego. We are NOT in a position as a program where we are able to make 25 offers to the best players and expect all 25 to be committed 8 months before signing day. To say that if he doesn't commit - "we didn't want him in the first place" - is beyond ignorant. (with all due respect)

I'd rephrase the op to say, "If he doesn't come to NU, then we're better off without him." An example of the other way around is Darrell Scott going to CU. He gave them a 5 star player in their recruiting class, but never really wanted to be there and put in the effort required. So he wasted a schollie for them, produced chemistry issues within the team, and then gave them bad pr on his way out the door. This is just a counter-example to get my point across.

I certainly hope Owa ends up at Nebraska but he'd just be the icing on a fairly solid class. Nebraska football will go on with or without him. Good luck to the young man in his decision.

The kid is so likable that if he doesn't end up here, I would probably find myself tuning into his games no matter where he ends up just to see how he ends up doing.

However, that won't be necessary, because he will see the light. In Carl he Trusts.

I kind of see where KC HUSKER is coming from. To say if he doesn't sign then we didn't want him any way is contradictory to 35 pages and 1700+ post. We were on OWA watch all weekend. We had Countless members visit this topic for update and guest after guest on the board lurking.

To judge any kids character or determination based on when they choose to sign is unfair. This is not as simple of a process for a kid that is this highly touted. For most that were not athletes when you picked your college no one else cared. With guys like this they are being approached with suggestion and plans for there life from strangers. All these people joining their Face Book page to bad talk the opposition or build up there own. Then the kid is left to sort through all the BS comments from various site to see what is true and what would be a good fit.

You are entrusting your future in to the hands of someone you don't know and you will be spending the majority of your time. Signing day is there for a reason believe it or not some people don't turn in their taxes till the day of either.

I'm so confused with Owa. I thought it was a done deal last week, but now that there has been so much time between his in-home and his decision, I have no clue. The elimination of Oregon isn't confusing but the addition of Oregon State is. If he wanted to eliminate Oregon, why not just say his final two are UCLA and Nebraska? :dunno Obviously, he is taken Oregon State seriously.

The top player in Oregon, Odighizuwa eliminated Nebraska, Florida and Cal with his latest cuts.

Owa will decide between Oregon, Oregon State, USC and UCLA

"Florida and Nebraska are obviously great programs, but for me I didn't feel too comfortable about the distance. It was important for me to be a little bit closer to home," he said.

"not from pay site"

You can't fing do that to me. My heart sunk into my stomach. Next time please explain the article or put a date please!!! Jesus that scared me.

Like I said before, I am sorry guys. I really did not mean to do that to anyone. I didn't even think that anyone would think it was new. Please forgive me. Wont happen again :facepalm:

Apology not accepted, I want you to do it like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnIZfn6XKF4&feature=player_embedded

I'm so confused with Owa. I thought it was a done deal last week, but now that there has been so much time between his in-home and his decision, I have no clue. The elimination of Oregon isn't confusing but the addition of Oregon State is. If he wanted to eliminate Oregon, why not just say his final two are UCLA and Nebraska? :dunno Obviously, he is taken Oregon State seriously.

One theory I've seen about the OSU addition in exchange for UO is to appease the locals in Oregon, that way he isn't feeling any backlash or pressure until the day he announces. Furthermore, the present off-the-field scandal surrounding Embry, Masoli and the kicker from UO might've also played into the sudden switch.

Either way, I'm not expecting to hear anything from Owa until Feb. 3rd. I'll just act surprised if he announces before then.

Either way, I'm not expecting to hear anything from Owa until Feb. 3rd. I'll just act surprised if he announces before then.

But what about this glorious thread?! What will happen to it if we aren't watching it constantly?

As frustrating as this roller coaster has been, I have had a good time with this Huskerboard Hall-of-Fame-worthy thread. In sixty years my grandkids will come running into the house and yell "Tell us the one about the Owa thread again, grandpa!"

I certainly hope Owa ends up at Nebraska but he'd just be the icing on a fairly solid class. Nebraska football will go on with or without him. Good luck to the young man in his decision.

The kid is so likable that if he doesn't end up here, I would probably find myself tuning into his games no matter where he ends up just to see how he ends up doing.

However, that won't be necessary, because he will see the light. In Carl he Trusts.

Agreed with the first sentence. He seems like a good kid. I'm a little disappointed that he is dragging this out so long but it really is a huge decision for him. Hope he ends up in red.