DE Owamagbe Odighizuwa

If Owa was a silent commit... why would he be bringing OSU back into it and taking OU out of it.. and why would he keep pushing his announcement date back?

Oh and for the record, the rivals analysts say history proves these situations playing out with the home school winning.

I don't understand how we can be in a dead heat with UCLA and OSU... REALLY!!!!!????? Both of those schools will never win a national championship and we will most likely be playing for one in the next 3 years.

My guess Owa said they are all in a dead heat because if he didn't then everyone would be pushing for him to commit right now. Also he probably added OSU because if it was just UCLA and Nebraska he would get a lot crap from people from the state of Oregon...just my opinion.

Or this

If Owa was a silent commit... why would he be bringing OSU back into it and taking OU out of it.. and why would he keep pushing his announcement date back?

Oh and for the record, the rivals analysts say history proves these situations playing out with the home school winning.

I don't understand how we can be in a dead heat with UCLA and OSU... REALLY!!!!!????? Both of those schools will never win a national championship and we will most likely be playing for one in the next 3 years.

My guess Owa said they are all in a dead heat because if he didn't then everyone would be pushing for him to commit right now. Also he probably added OSU because if it was just UCLA and Nebraska he would get a lot crap from people from the state of Oregon...just my opinion.

Or this

Recruiting politics are so stupid... If you know you like someone... and you're supposed to follow your heart. Announce today. You know he has to be sick of the 1908889 phone calls/day from recruiting services, newspapers, etc.

One theory I've seen about the OSU addition in exchange for UO is to appease the locals in Oregon, that way he isn't feeling any backlash or pressure until the day he announces. Furthermore, the present off-the-field scandal surrounding Embry, Masoli and the kicker from UO might've also played into the sudden switch.

Either way, I'm not expecting to hear anything from Owa until Feb. 3rd. I'll just act surprised if he announces before then.

:yeah

I dont think this little shake up changes much at all like I stated. I really think that OSU is just in it for security reasons so he doesnt take so much gruff from the people in the Portland area.

Guys, let's take a breather here...

Have a poptart or something, maybe some honey roasted peanuts, possibly a cherry mash...

Cherry mash?? Those things are horrible. You have to do the Twin Bing!!! Those things are awesome, especially frozen. However, I think twin bings are made in Nebraska, so if you live outside the state they can be hard to find.

Also, I'm not sure all this stuff is Owa saying it or not, but if it is I am a little disappointed because I thought he would be above things like this just hearing about his character and how he has handled himself previously in the process. Seems like he is being a little "diva-ish" IF these changes and stretching out the process are Owa's doing. JMHO.

This from the LJS's Life in the Red blog:

Dan Wood, the man who coached Owamagbe Odighizuwa at Douglas High School in Portland, said that as far as he knows the five-star defensive end still has three schools on his radar -- UCLA, Oregon State, Huskers.

Oregon State just recently replaced Oregon on Owa's short list.

Wood said he and his D-line coach met with Owa and his mother for a couple hours on Sunday.

"We had a real candid conversation about all three schools," Wood told the Journal Star Tuesday morning. "And (he's) struggling with the decision a little bit because he really feels like all three of the schools are so good, you can't go wrong. He can't sort through it. So my advice was to step back and let the dust settle for a day or so, and just go with your gut feeling and where you want to go to school instead of breaking all the little bits and pieces down."

Wood says when Owa breaks down the schools, "it's uncanny how even all three of the schools are, each for different reasons."

So what does the coach think Owa's timeline for a decision is?

"His goal is to have a decision to be made by this weekend, but he probably won't announce it until Wednesday," Wood said.

That might make for two huge signing day announcements concerning the Huskers. On Monday night, safety Corey Cooper said he was planning to wait until signing day to pick his school.

Stay tuned for updates. We'll have more on Owa throughout the day.

Guys, let's take a breather here...

Have a poptart or something, maybe some honey roasted peanuts, possibly a cherry mash...

Cherry mash?? Those things are horrible. You have to do the Twin Bing!!! Those things are awesome, especially frozen. However, I think twin bings are made in Nebraska, so if you live outside the state they can be hard to find.

Also, I'm not sure all this stuff is Owa saying it or not, but if it is I am a little disappointed because I thought he would be above things like this just hearing about his character and how he has handled himself previously in the process. Seems like he is being a little "diva-ish" IF these changes and stretching out the process are Owa's doing. JMHO.

The Twin Bing is made by Palmer Candy:

311 Bluff Street

Sioux City, Iowa

Far from on topic but you have to pass the time/cut the tension some how...

I think we'll go two for three on Carnes/Cooper/Owa. Thoughts?

Now we're back on topic. :snacks:

The thing that worries me about going with a "gut" decision is that I feel like he's considering NU because of our coaches and our excellent defense - practical reasons - but I'm afraid his heart/gut belongs at home in Oregon. It doesn't seem good to me that he recently put OSU back on the map. This is going to suck if we don't get him.

I know what you mean, but we have been hearing for a few weeks now that Owa's heart was with Nebraska, but his mom wanted him closer to home or to go to a better academic school. So if those things we've been hearing are true, then Owa's gut/heart would push him toward Nebraska. At least that's my hope.

The thing that concerns me now is that he replaces Oregon with Oregon State this late in the game. There was no logical reason for him to do this just to fill a space on the table for a hat. He's obviously seriously considering them or he wouldn't have put them back in the picture at all just for some more drama. The kid seems to level headed to do something like that. It's obviously a very hard decision for him and it's an easy one for us since we are biased. If I was in his shoes and not biased I honestly don't know what I'd do?

The thing that concerns me now is that he replaces Oregon with Oregon State this late in the game. There was no logical reason for him to do this just to fill a space on the table for a hat. He's obviously seriously considering them or he wouldn't have put them back in the picture at all just for some more drama. The kid seems to level headed to do something like that. It's obviously a very hard decision for him and it's an easy one for us since we are biased. If I was in his shoes and not biased I honestly don't know what I'd do?

A close to home team with another close to home team..

Seriously? You're being called the most sure thing NFL superstar in this year's class and you don't know which program would put you in the best position to be drafted the highest and most prepared for the NFL? I don't think it's my NU bias that makes me think it's a no-brainer that Nebraska's staff would prepare him the best for the career he wants. Oregon doesn't have a very good defensive staff (sorry, Frost) and UCLA's staff isn't nearly as good as Nebraska's. Again, to me it's a no-brainer. But apparently Owa has other considerations than just which program will prepare him the most for NFL stardom.