DE Owamagbe Odighizuwa

This blows the coach trying to get him to go to UO theory out of the water. I think that Oregon State backed their way into it.

My analysis:

-He said awhile back that the ONLY thing that Oregon had UCLA and NU beat on was location

-His mom recently said that location shouldnt factor into his decision *********that right there tells me that he eliminated Oregon when he said he was "down to two schools but didnt want to release which two,"

-His mom feels very comfortable with the NU coaches after the visit

-OSU backed their way in because of the stuff that has allegedly happened at UO recently. ******* Why would he eliminate the better of the two in-state schools? Nike has pumped an insane amount of money into UO and their facilities are 2nd to none. This tells me that OSU is in it purely because of its location.

-he did say that he had a leader IMMEDIATELY after our in home with him which was supposed to be kept off the record but the reporter let it leak out

-he DID text Eric Martin the other day. Where there is smoke there is a fire.

I have thought for awhile now that it is between UCLA and NU.

I still like our chances. I really feel confident that Bo can win this battle and it is up to him to go get it done.

:yeah +1

You post is contradicting. You put "did" in all caps as if you know without a shadow of a doubt that he texted him, then you say "where there is smoke there is a fire," which implicates that because some people have said this it has to be true. I am not bashing your post at all, but that line doesn't make sense to me.

• Fire 1

The common misconception here is that he never once eliminated us. We made huge strides when we hammered Zona and should have beaten Texas. But we never were out of this.

OSU WAS in fact as early as this morning out of the Owa sweepstakes. This also shows me that OSU is in it because of what allegedly happened up at UO and OSU is only in it because of the location.

To be honest I dont think this shakes things up THAT much.

• Fire 1

You post is contradicting. You put "did" in all caps as if you know without a shadow of a doubt that he texted him, then you say "where there is smoke there is a fire," which implicates that because some people have said this it has to be true. I am not bashing your post at all, but that line doesn't make sense to me.

Okay. I'll go back and edit that last part out then.

I see it this way - getting Owa to come to Nebraska would be a huge "win" for us. He's a great kid, a great talent, and he could do great things here under this coaching staff.

However, our culture is pretty clear. We have a hard-nosed working ethic about the program. We are solid, character-driven people. We have a dedication amongst our coaches and fans that is second to none. We expect that same dedication from our players and our recruits.

This is all very clear. Bo isn't beating around the bush.

If Owa knows all this, and you can't believe for a second he doesn't, and he chooses another school, no matter how talented he is, we didn't want him in the first place. That's the bottom line.

Guys I know that it feel like every second that passes after Bo's visit is bad for us. But we know how Owa thinks, and honestly it doesn't surprise me that Owa didn't hop on board right after Bo left. I expected him to take a week after all the in homes to finalize his decision. Even though he probably knows in his gut where he wants to go (Nebraska), he still needs to have the final with the people helping him with the decision. Stay patient, just because he didn't commit right now, and is still considering UCLA as well, we haven't lost any ground.

Keep the faith :thumbs

Probably be a signing day announcement. I think we have a really good chance and would of course like him here. With what we are doing on defense and all the buzz Pelini has created, this would be a great signing day announcement and create a lot of excitement if both he and Cooper added to our defense on signing day. How bout them apples! If he doesn't come, I dunno...UCLA and OSU are nowhere near our defense so would have to be factor other than football. C'mon Owa...Throw Da Bones!!!

:bonez :bonez :bonez :bonez :bonez

How is the fact that he eliminated us and put us back on his list any different than the fact that he eliminated OSU and put them back. If you say Nebraska was never out of it, then OSU was never out of it.

He never once contacted our staff and told them to stop recruiting him, he never once eliminated us publicly. He did in fact AS EARLY AS THIS MORNING have OSU out of it. That is why I say that OSU backed their way into this one.

• Fire 1

The top player in Oregon, Odighizuwa eliminated Nebraska, Florida and Cal with his latest cuts.

Owa will decide between Oregon, Oregon State, USC and UCLA

"Florida and Nebraska are obviously great programs, but for me I didn't feel too comfortable about the distance. It was important for me to be a little bit closer to home," he said.

"not from pay site"