DE Owamagbe Odighizuwa

This is all just stuff his coach is telling HI. It wouldn't do Owa or anyone any good to tip their hand in any direction. I'm still positive.

I saw the schools being tied is a little bit of, how do you say, Bullsh!!!!!t.

If he says one is the best of the three, than it would send each school into a frenzy.

I say he has done all the work and his situation, he is leaning NU.

Actually, it would be a tie in that case. Nebraska would win for football and UCLA would win for academics.

Normally, you are right. While UCLA has better academics overall, I think the issue was that UCLA didn't have the program/major that Owa was looking to get into...was it a business major or a business school or something? I hope I am remembering that correctly.

This is all just stuff his coach is telling HI. It wouldn't do Owa or anyone any good to tip their hand in any direction. I'm still positive.

I saw the schools being tied is a little bit of, how do you say, Bullsh!!!!!t.

If he says one is the best of the three, than it would send each school into a frenzy.

I say he has done all the work and his situation, he is leaning NU.

Exactly. What else do people really expect his coach would say to the media? Until Owa announces, his coach isn't going to go behind his back and tip anyone off.

Actually, it would be a tie in that case. Nebraska would win for football and UCLA would win for academics.

Normally, you are right. While UCLA has better academics overall, I think the issue was that UCLA didn't have the program/major that Owa was looking to get into...was it a business major or a business school or something? I hope I am remembering that correctly.

That's true. UCLA doesn't technically offer a "Business" major. The UC system is theoretical, which means you have to major in "Economics" if you want to study business or accounting. That doesn't mean you can't go into business if you go to UCLA. Believe it or not I actually used to teach a "Careers in Business" workshop for other UCLA students when I went there. But it's true that they technically don't have a major called "Business."

the longer he takes the worse for us. i said if this isn't decided by Monday, our chances dip immensely. after thursday i thought 99% N. now that this report on HI came out.. i'm down to 50%

This is almost always true with out of state kids, the longer it takes the more likely they are to stay at home or closer to home.

OWA is going to be N. Too many rumors that appear to legit. He is just waiting to the signing day to announce.

OWA is going to follow SUH and hope for the same kind of success.

He will be a rock star here from day one. I bet ESPN does a segment next year. Kenny Mayne is looking at Orbitz right now. He could do five minutes on the name thing alone.

Hopefully the crap in Oregon knocked them out.. Although most of us assumed it was a two horse race between NU and UCLA anyway, so not much movement on that front.

I just hope his prospective school chart doesn't have bogus items like Girls, or Beaches, or Weather as list items.. instead I pray it only consists of academics and football. We would win on that chart compared to UCLA.

Not true. NU would win for academics as the academic support program at NU for athletes is far above that of UCLA's. See academic all-americans. It could be considered a wash. Granted UCLA has the name behind the program, but for athletes going to a top tier program isn't as important as having the support system for their degree. Not to mention the reason for UCLA being above NU is not for undergrad reasons, it's their research work and graduate schools that are superior. My sister went to Harvard I went to NU. I was accepted into a far better law school than she was. Don't tell me you can't get a word class education in Nebraska. If you do the work, the support, knowledge, and tools to succeed are available at NU.

Since we are all Nebraska fans and most of us have been around the culture and the pure awesomeness of Nebraska for a while now of course we see our school as being way better than the others. But you have to take this into consideration... Owa is 18 years old. When I was 18 years old looking at colleges what I looked for in a school was entirely different than what I would look for today. So here's what I'm saying. This kid is 18 years old and is looking at probably the biggest decision he has ever made in his life. He has the option of staying within a few hours of home, going to Oregon, starting all four years, being a superstar, having awesome Nike facilities, playing in a conference he is very familiar with that he probably believes to be really good (despite the fact that we all know it's not) and he probably says... man I can go to Oregon and get most of the same stuff I could get at Nebraska. He looks at UCLA and sees the weather, the women, the academic reputation that the school has nationally. He sees that UCLA is still pretty close to home (14hrs) and that he would still be in an area that was comfortable for him... west coast. He sees that there is a Nigerian community there. He knows he could be a star at UCLA and he knows that there are a lot of Hollywood stars, and NFL people in LA. He sees the success that west coast schools have in getting guys to the pros. I see him liking UCLA.

If I am an 18 year old looking at schools it makes more sense for me to stay close to home on the west coast. What's eating him up is that when he went to Nebraska the fans knew him, everyone welcomed him, the stadium was electric, Our defense is amazing and nationally recognized on TV every week. He would have the chance of playing right after Suh... of keeping the portland legacy alive. He sees the stardom he can have at Nebraska and the coaching he will receive there. He sees the kindness of the fans and the family atmosphere at UNL. So he feels like he an adapt... he knows he has a better shot of getting to the NFL at Nebraska. He knows that it's in Nebraska though... most people outside of the state think it is in the middle of nowhere. They see the education as mediocre compared to Texas, OU, A&M...etc.

So I mean... we know where he needs to end up. But most 18year olds, no matter how mature, are not mature enough or brave enough to take the big leap of faith and go. It's too scary and they find ways of finding enough reasons to stay close to home to talk themselves out of going far away... because they're scared.

I think when it's all said and done he will respect, love, and cherish Nebraska... but I think he will pick west coast, either UCLA or Oregon. And ultimately I think he will listen to his coaches, mom, and go where they are most at peace with him going.

• Fire 2

That's true. UCLA doesn't technically offer a "Business" major. The UC system is theoretical, which means you have to major in "Economics" if you want to study business or accounting. That doesn't mean you can't go into business if you go to UCLA. Believe it or not I actually used to teach a "Careers in Business" workshop for other UCLA students when I went there. But it's true that they technically don't have a major called "Business."

That makes sense. If I recall correctly (from like 25 pages ago...), Owa wasn't completely stoked about majoring in 'economics,' so if that's the closest UCLA offers, and that's a big thing for him, hopefully it sways him away. (This may all be my shoddy memory misquoting a bunch of hearsay quotes anyway.) No one tell him the probability that he will change his major anyway!

(Edit-HTML FAIL)

Edited by MKO

Hopefully the crap in Oregon knocked them out.. Although most of us assumed it was a two horse race between NU and UCLA anyway, so not much movement on that front.

I just hope his prospective school chart doesn't have bogus items like Girls, or Beaches, or Weather as list items.. instead I pray it only consists of academics and football. We would win on that chart compared to UCLA.

Not true. NU would win for academics as the academic support program at NU for athletes is far above that of UCLA's. See academic all-americans. It could be considered a wash. Granted UCLA has the name behind the program, but for athletes going to a top tier program isn't as important as having the support system for their degree. Not to mention the reason for UCLA being above NU is not for undergrad reasons, it's their research work and graduate schools that are superior.

Then we should define what we mean by "academics," because quality of education (the top scholars as your professors and higher entrance requirements) and academic support (tutors, etc. to help athletes do well in their classes) are two different things. If we mean the former, then pretty much everyone who didn't go to UNL agrees that UCLA wins. If we mean the latter, then UNL wins.

Since we are all Nebraska fans and most of us have been around the culture and the pure awesomeness of Nebraska for a while now of course we see our school as being way better than the others. But you have to take this into consideration... Owa is 18 years old. When I was 18 years old looking at colleges what I looked for in a school was entirely different than what I would look for today. So here's what I'm saying. This kid is 18 years old and is looking at probably the biggest decision he has ever made in his life. He has the option of staying within a few hours of home, going to Oregon, starting all four years, being a superstar, having awesome Nike facilities, playing in a conference he is very familiar with that he probably believes to be really good (despite the fact that we all know it's not) and he probably says... man I can go to Oregon and get most of the same stuff I could get at Nebraska. He looks at UCLA and sees the weather, the women, the academic reputation that the school has nationally. He sees that UCLA is still pretty close to home (14hrs) and that he would still be in an area that was comfortable for him... west coast. He sees that there is a Nigerian community there. He knows he could be a star at UCLA and he knows that there are a lot of Hollywood stars, and NFL people in LA. He sees the success that west coast schools have in getting guys to the pros. I see him liking UCLA.

If I am an 18 year old looking at schools it makes more sense for me to stay close to home on the west coast. What's eating him up is that when he went to Nebraska the fans knew him, everyone welcomed him, the stadium was electric, Our defense is amazing and nationally recognized on TV every week. He would have the chance of playing right after Suh... of keeping the portland legacy alive. He sees the stardom he can have at Nebraska and the coaching he will receive there. He sees the kindness of the fans and the family atmosphere at UNL. So he feels like he an adapt... he knows he has a better shot of getting to the NFL at Nebraska. He knows that it's in Nebraska though... most people outside of the state think it is in the middle of nowhere. They see the education as mediocre compared to Texas, OU, A&M...etc.

So I mean... we know where he needs to end up. But most 18year olds, no matter how mature, are not mature enough or brave enough to take the big leap of faith and go. It's too scary and they find ways of finding enough reasons to stay close to home to talk themselves out of going far away... because they're scared.

I think when it's all said and done he will respect, love, and cherish Nebraska... but I think he will pick west coast, either UCLA or Oregon. And ultimately I think he will listen to his coaches, mom, and go where they are most at peace with him going.

He has 80 million reasons to go to NU. That is the money a top 5 draft pick will get if they are taken early in the NFL draft. That is projected money in 5 years. I respectfully disagree with your view. Too many texts and rumors that he is a silent commit. IBWT In Bo We Trust!!!!!

He has 80 million reasons to go to NU. That is the money a top 5 draft pick will get if they are taken early in the NFL draft. That is projected money in 5 years. I respectfully disagree with your view. Too many texts and rumors that he is a silent commit. IBWT In Bo We Trust!!!!!

Wow thats a lot of reading. :) I agree with Schub though. Has anyone heard if the Eric Martin text rumors are valid?