DE Owamagbe Odighizuwa

here's something to think about... We all know that Owa has been talking to his high school coach lately. we know that his coach is an OSU alum. maybe... just maybe... his coach asked him to put Oregon State back in the conversation to pressure JUCO DE Dominic Glover to pledge OSU before that DE spot is taken up. sure enough, Glover commits to Oregon State today. maybe the final two really are UCLA and Nebraska, and if that's true... he's N.

Interesting perspective. Kind of an interesting way to get the other kid to force his hand. If he wanted the best to go there, he'd be pushing Owa. Maybe he is doing just that.

Yeah he may be pushing Owa towards OSU also.. but maybe Owa told him his final two was UCLA and Nebraska and his coach accepted that fact. so he went ahead and said... "would you please publicly announce that OSU is still in consideration to pressure Glover to commit".

Not saying its true.. but honestly makes more sense to me than Owa just suddenly putting OSU back in the top 3 out of nowhere. If his coach was such an influence to Owa to go to OSU, i would think he would have got that in his mind earlier in the process rather than 10 days prior to signing day

On a side note, OSU just snatched up a new DE recruit today. :star :star :star Dominic Glover.

That puts OSU's extremely small class, which includes three DTs (two 4-stars and one 3-star) and now a 3-star DE. Not sure if that affects Owa's decision at all. Nebraska currently has two DTs and four DEs. But who's counting?

If you don't think they'll make room for a guy like Owa you're setting yourself up for some heartbreak. You make room for Owa, if that means taking an offer away from a kid I'd bet the farm they would do it.

I don't actually believe he's considering OSU at all. In fact nearly everything I've heard has him committing to Bo on the evening of Jan. 24th but not wanting to make it public until next weekend.

It seems to me (speculatively speaking of course) that Owa simply wants to keep a hometown school in his final three, but with the bigger sports networks beginning to pick up more steam on some issues with the Oregon program he wanted to avoid questions about those issues and thus decided to switch one embattled hometown school for one without those issues.

• Fire 1

I don't actually believe he's considering OSU at all. In fact nearly everything I've heard has him committing to Bo on the evening of Jan. 24th but not wanting to make it public until next weekend.

It seems to me (speculatively speaking of course) that Owa simply wants to keep a hometown school in his final three, but with the bigger sports networks beginning to pick up more steam on some issues with the Oregon program he wanted to avoid questions about those issues and thus decided to switch one embattled hometown school for one without those issues.

I sure hope you are right. Brace for the worst, hope for the best.

I'm in a glass case of emotion.

I thought he had came out and said he had a final two, then the rumors of a silent commit, then all of a suden he borke his top three down in differant catagorys and we were all tied, and now he has a differant top three.

I have no clue wtf is going on. I wish we had some clarity abut the somewhat conflicting issues I mentioned above

dedhoarse So this is my first post on huskerboard. I have been reading the Owa pages for a few weeks and just decided to throw in my own two cents. IMO a lot of us thought we had at least a silent commit from owa by sunday night (I actually was throwing out high fives during the saints game). I don't think we were wrong by believing that we just have to understand that we may be in the lead it's just not a for sure thing yet. I was dumb enough to add Owa on facebook just like a lot of people were but I did it before i realized people were actually commenting on his wall and he is getting very annoyed by it. I assumed that like me other people adding Owa just did it incase he posted something on his status about his commitment but apparently grown men feel the need to argue with each other and try to convince Owa one way or the other on his wall on a website that most college guys use to pick up girls and keep up with friends from their hometowns. It is rediculous that Owa had to say something about that on his facebook. My gut feeling is that we have a better chance at seeing Cooper and Carnes sign than we do Owa. I would be very very happy if we got Owa and I'm saying we have about a 65% percent chance at this point. dedhoarse

dedhoarse So this is my first post on huskerboard. I have been reading the Owa pages for a few weeks and just decided to throw in my own two cents. IMO a lot of us thought we had at least a silent commit from owa by sunday night (I actually was throwing out high fives during the saints game). I don't think we were wrong by believing that we just have to understand that we may be in the lead it's just not a for sure thing yet. I was dumb enough to add Owa on facebook just like a lot of people were but I did it before i realized people were actually commenting on his wall and he is getting very annoyed by it. I assumed that like me other people adding Owa just did it incase he posted something on his status about his commitment but apparently grown men feel the need to argue with each other and try to convince Owa one way or the other on his wall on a website that most college guys use to pick up girls and keep up with friends from their hometowns. It is rediculous that Owa had to say something about that on his facebook. My gut feeling is that we have a better chance at seeing Cooper and Carnes sign than we do Owa. I would be very very happy if we got Owa and I'm saying we have about a 65% percent chance at this point. dedhoarse

YES. Husker fans - all fans, really - NEED to stop "being that guy" on facebook.

Woah. What did he say? I can't believe those people. Did they think they were impressing him? :facepalm: