Spring Ball Length

I noticed something interesting concerning Spring training schedules. NU begins their's on 3/25/09 and with the spring game on 4/18/09 that leaves a total of 24 days for Bo and crew. Missouri begins their's on 3/10 which means they will have 38 total days until their spring game. Okie light is practically the same as Mizzou.

While a few other teams are similar to NU in preparation time. Is this a preference of the particular coach?

Do some like to cram as much in at an elevated pace while others take a more leisurely approach? :dunno

Anyone have a clue?

Off season is driving me nut's, I'm currently watching my Husker video collection and I'm on game 3 of the "89"season. :wacko:

I believe that irregardless of when you begin practice, you are allowed 15 of them (this includes the Spring Game). Thus Nebraska is not cramming in their spring session, Missouri is simply having their game sooner.

Mizzou starts spring practice on 3/10, spring game is on 4/18. My question is if you only have 15 practices why do it in a 38 day stretch? What is done during the slack time? Are they allowed to watch film? Are they even allowed contact with the coaching staff when not at practice?

They must just have their schedule set up in an odd way that still follows NCAA guidelines.

Or we could just say that Nebraska has real men on their team that will work strenuously from March 25 through April 18, and Mizzou just has a bunch of lazy @$$es who need a few days break between their practices :nanalama

I also feel your pain on the off season stuff. I'm currently on game 2 of the 95 season :ahhhhhhhh

I believe that irregardless of when you begin practice, you are allowed 15 of them (this includes the Spring Game). Thus Nebraska is not cramming in their spring session, Missouri is simply having their game sooner.

Mizzou starts spring practice on 3/10, spring game is on 4/18. My question is if you only have 15 practices why do it in a 38 day stretch? What is done during the slack time? Are they allowed to watch film? Are they even allowed contact with the coaching staff when not at practice?

Spring break? Missouri: March 22–29 vs Nebraska: March 15-22

irregardless? Is that a word?

Yes and no. Its one of those things that is wrong but it gets used enough that it gets debated that it is part of the language. Essentially it just means regardless, but it doesn't really make sense bc with both ir and less its a double negative, like saying without absence of regard, but people take it to just mean the same as "regardless," so it probably started as a way for people to try to sound fancy when they are speaking or something. It's dumb, but I'm pretty sure I say it all the time too, pretty sure I've either used or heard this word(?) many times in classes.

This is true. NCAA guidlines dictate a specific number of practices can be done but does not dictate when or how long of time period those practices have to be done within.

This is true. NCAA guidlines dictate a specific number of practices can be done but does not dictate when or how long of time period those practices have to be done within.

Then I wonder why Mizzou goes for so long then? :dunno

Thanks for pointing out my error!!

If you have any free time, I was wondering if you could proof read my blog. It's unrelated to Husker football, but it sure would be nice to have someone me help me iron out the kinks.

link

Thanks for pointing out my error!!

If you have any free time, I was wondering if you could proof read my blog. It's unrelated to Husker football, but it sure would be nice to have someone me help me iron out the kinks.

link

:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound

wow... is it sad i just watched that for about 1 minute? lol

My guess is that they have a practice then the next day either watch film on the previous days practice or lift and run or do both... and then have a practice the following day and so on... So their practices would go every other day adding up to the same total which is 15 just spread out over a longer period of time.