DE Chance Carter

It sounds like there's some kind of problem with this kid. When schools start pulling offers (Notre Dame, Indiana, Wisconsin), it makes you stop and wonder.

h

hummm qualitifcaiton problems.. behavior problems... effort problems... maybe he's really gassy?????

any clue??

Wouldn't surprise me if it was academic issues, considering they were Big 10 schools and Notre Dame that dropped their offers. The entrance requirements for those schools are higher than most in the Big 12, if I remember correctly. It is very possible he could not qualify at those schools and qualify here.

Notre Dame has 3 commitments from defensive ends and were interested in Carter only if he would play tackle.

espnchicago.com: "We sat at a table, and [Notre Dame football coach] Charlie Weis wanted to know if he could play at another position," Weinstein (his former high school basketball coach) said. "They should have told him that before. They prodded him for five hours trying to figure out if he could be a defensive tackle. In my 16 years of being in recruiting, if you sign someone else, the scholarship is gone. That's fine. As long as you tell it how it is, my guys have no problem. It didn't come out the right way.

"It was very disappointing. It's unfortunate. Chance was offered by Notre Dame as a sophomore. He's been down there so much. It was a school he really liked and he wanted to go to. He told Stanford no because he was going to Notre Dame. Now, that's gone. Chance is back at square one, which is unfortunate."

Carter prefers not to discuss what happened at Notre Dame. He did mention Nebraska and Northwestern as two schools who were recruiting him. Weinstein also included Boston College, California and Minnesota in that mix."

Well the guy better start making some decisions some time soon. He already got his offer taken away from ND, we already have 2 DE's and are after some other very good ones and I'm sure the other teams are well on their way to having their DE's locked up. If he doesn't get on the ball he could end up playing for Illinois.

From what i'm reading here, the kid is his own worst enemy. He can't seem to make up his mind about what he wants to do, then after he's disappointed he apparently doesn't feel that he should have to do anything else. If he wants something out of this, he also has to make a commitment to do his part, not sit around and hope others like Northwestern offer. He is given the chance and has an offer from NU, accept it or keep doing nothing and lose it. Seems like the kid will blame everyone else and wont do anything for himself. Not so sure he's even the kind of guy Pelini would like on the team, seems lazy and selfish.