Bo expects to take a "huge jump defensively"

I'm hoping we can start the ball-hawking that has been a Bo trademark. Winning the turnover battle is huge in getting W's. It's impressive we made it to 9-4 with such a crappy turnover-ratio.

The secondary should look much better. They'll be in-synch with Sanders, more fundamentally-sound, and with a command of the system that should have them consistently in-position. Hard to say who will get big minutes with Gomes, Blue, and Dennard in the fray and Haag practicing at safety.

D-line should be a strength again. Meredith and Williams should provide good depth. Crick and Baker should step-in for Ty credibly.

LB play could be erratic early-on depending on how young we go but they should fly to the ball.

We may have a top25 defense.

I'm hoping we can start the ball-hawking that has been a Bo trademark. Winning the turnover battle is huge in getting W's. It's impressive we made it to 9-4 with such a crappy turnover-ratio.

The secondary should look much better. They'll be in-synch with Sanders, more fundamentally-sound, and with a command of the system that should have them consistently in-position. Hard to say who will get big minutes with Gomes, Blue, and Dennard in the fray and Haag practicing at safety.

D-line should be a strength again. Meredith and Williams should provide good depth. Crick and Baker should step-in for Ty credibly.

LB play could be erratic early-on depending on how young we go but they should fly to the ball.

Yeah, the DB's shpuld be a lot better this year. I hope we don't have any more DB's as slow as Murillo. The dude ran a pathetic 4.65 at pro day.

Well, what was the context. Wasn't it, sacks are overrated, as long as you're getting pressure and forcing the quarterback to make bad decisions? I bet not Bo/Carl aren't big stat guys either, who judge performance based just on a simple stat category such as "# sacks."

The context was: Sacks are over-rated, it's for those NFL guys...

I mean, even now it just boggles my mind as to just how idiotic, and utterly clueless, the previous coaching staff really was, about seemingly everything.

Well, what was the context. Wasn't it, sacks are overrated, as long as you're getting pressure and forcing the quarterback to make bad decisions? I bet not Bo/Carl aren't big stat guys either, who judge performance based just on a simple stat category such as "# sacks."

The context was: Sacks are over-rated, it's for those NFL guys...

I mean, even now it just boggles my mind as to just how idiotic, and utterly clueless, the previous coaching staff really was, about seemingly everything.

Clues did not come cheap to those coaches, they couldn't afford to purchase one.

You guys were not ball hawking last year and the year he coached at OU they didn't get any TOs either. Maybe that first year was a BIG anomally?

You guys were not ball hawking last year and the year he coached at OU they didn't get any TOs either. Maybe that first year was a BIG anomally?

Um yeah, did you happen to watch LSU in 2007? They forced a crap load of turnovers, so I expect us to improve greatly in that area this year.

Here you go

Total Defense: 55th Nationally (349.85 yds/game)

Rushing Defense: 21st Nationally (116.5 yds/game)

Passing Defense: 89th Nationally (233.38 yds/game)

as compared to:

Total Defense: 112th Nationally (476.83 yds/game)

Rushing Defense: 116th Nationally (232.2 yds/game)

Passing Defense: 84th Nationally (244.67 yds/game)

:yeah

For everyone's reference, the NCAA maintains a site with all sorts of stats. For some reason they make it hard to find but here is the URL for 2008:

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/mainpage.jsp?year=2008

and 2007:

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/mainpage.jsp?year=2007

Keep hoping, bro, keep hoping. :cop:

When Bo was the DC at Nebraska in '03 they led the nation in turnovers :box

As he said, perhaps that was an anomaly.

I don't think so though; someone else pointed out his LSU career.

Also, I think this has a lot more to do with the players then with Bo himself....because last time I checked he hasn't had an interception or fumble recovery during this decade so....

I'm just saying some players have a nose for the ball, or a better nose for the ball than others...I bet you it's cyclical. :thumbs

Also, I think this has a lot more to do with the players then with Bo himself....because last time I checked he hasn't had an interception or fumble recovery during this decade so....

I'm just saying some players have a nose for the ball, or a better nose for the ball than others...I bet you it's cyclical. :thumbs

Evidence: Josh Bullocks

Evidence: Josh Bullocks

Its not just the players, its his system as well. LSU in 2007 was number #1 in turnover margin in the SCC, and one of the best in the country. So no, it was not an anomally like rkhufu7 suggested.

Its not just the players, its his system as well. LSU in 2007 was number #1 in turnover margin in the SCC, and one of the best in the country. So no, it was not an anomally like rkhufu7 suggested.

I agree. His system is such that aggressive players, with a nose for the ball, are put into positions that allow their talents to thrive.