OT Nick Demien

Player: Nick Demien

Hometown: Wentzville, MO

Position: OT

Height: 6'6"

Weight: 295 lbs.

40 time: 5

Visit Date:

Scholarships: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida State, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Oregon, UCLA, Wisconsin

Favorites: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida State, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Oregon, UCLA, Wisconsin

COMMITTED TO MISSOURI

Rivals: :star:star:star:star

Scout: :star:star:star:star

From Husker Journal. This kid will need a visit for him to be excited about us.

NICK DEMIEN, OT, 6-6, 295, 5, WENTZVILLE (TIMBERLAND ), MISSOURI

Nick has offers from Iowa, Nebraska, Alabama, Colorado, Iowa, UCLA, Florida State, Missouri, Kansas and others. Nick said the only schools that he has visited that on his commit list are Missouri and Iowa.

Tigers May Have Early Edge

“I liked them (Missouri) right off the bat because it a team I’m use to,” says Demien. “Obviously they have a pretty good football program and there are not too far away. That’s an extra bonus that Missouri is close.”

“Being at Missouri is not a big deal to me, I just want to go where is best for me no matter how far away it is. I get pressure basically the people who live in Missouri but I getting use to it” Demien said

“I grew up with Missouri because it was a state team, my uncle played there too. I kind of grew up with Missouri. I hear from Coach Ford or Walker. I get e-mail from them a lot and hand written letters.” Demien said

Iowa A Good Football Program

“When I went to Iowa it was nice little town based on football. Iowa’s football program maybe not as big (championships) but it is still nice football.” Demien said

“I didn’t get see much of the campus because it was really cold. I was not trying to move around a lot, stay where it was warm.” Demien added

“I don’t know a whole ton about Nebraska that was more of a most recent offer, so I don’t know a whole lot about them.” Demien said

Demien Wants To Travel Around

“I would like to get (visits) to some Southern schools and the West Coast schools. I like the West coast because it’s a little different area. It’s just a different setting and I want to see what it is like,” says Demien, “I don’t have a set of schools that I want to go to in the South, I want to get to as many as I can. The West coast I would like to visit UCLA. Maybe Oregon too they have some interest in me.”

“I’ll probably wait to narrow it down until but more in the summer time because I want to check out some of these places and everything.” Demien added

“I might take all five visits it depends,” says Demien. “If I find the right school I’ll commit then. If I go to two and three visits and I know from there, I’ll go ahead and commit. Right now I don’t have a clue where I will take my official visits.”

“The overall package I guess you can say. Comfortably, campus, what the coaches are like, the people. Look at the football team if they have a good program, a strong program.” Demien said

I'm thinking we really need to go down to Columbia and get a W this year. There is a lot of talent there we need to make a statement to.

per Scout: "One of the state's top players will take an unofficial visit to Mizzou today. He will be on campus to view the facilities and academic offerings as well as attending one of the Tiger's practices this afternoon."

I wonder why we aren't making a bigger push for this kid. Especially with our recent focus on Mizzou as a recruiting grounds. I trust the coaches, though, and if they think Bonnell or Burgess (both from Mizzou also) are better players, go for them.

I wonder why we aren't making a bigger push for this kid. Especially with our recent focus on Mizzou as a recruiting grounds. I trust the coaches, though, and if they think Bonnell or Burgess (both from Mizzou also) are better players, go for them.

Pretty sure Bonnell is from Colorado not Missouri.

Oh my bad man... I got confused. I just remembered Bonnell was in the same state as one of our other targets. Forget it was Moudy and not Burgess. We seem to have a really good well, Pipeline pipeline going to Colorado right now...

Oh my bad man... I got confused. I just remembered Bonnell was in the same state as one of our other targets. Forget it was Moudy and not Burgess. We seem to have a really good well, Pipeline pipeline going to Colorado right now...

Yeah we do seem to have a good thing going in CO right now. Bonnell seems to be a stud also, over 20 offers I think.

HI says he has a top four, does anyone know who is in it? I assume we aren't but it'd be nice if Mizzou wasn't either.

Don't know for sure but in a past article it says he is originally from Mississippi, so i'm guessing that some the SEC schools that have offered and in play.

Link

Demien is a lifelong MU fan and has narrowed his choices OU and MU.

Top 2

One of the 3 most important in-state recruits in Missouri for Mu with Marcus Lucas and Kony Ealy being the other two.

stltoday.com: "Demien, a 6-6, 295-pound lineman from Timberland, had surgery last Friday (Aug. 28) in Columbia on his right knee, which he injured while playing in a jamboree Aug. 21 at Troy.

“It’s possible he could return this season, but it’s also possible that he won’t play again this season,” Timberland coach Craig Collins said. “A lot of different things will factor in, obviously, but in the end, it’ll be a decision that Nick and his doctors will have to make.”

Named as the state’s top prospect by Rivals.com, Demien was rated the seventh-best offensive lineman in the country and the No. 61 prospect nationally in his class. He chose Missouri over Oklahoma but also had scholarship offers from a number of other football powers, including Florida State, Nebraska, Arkansas, Wisconsin, UCLA and Oregon."

stltoday.com: "Demien, a 6-6, 295-pound lineman from Timberland, had surgery last Friday (Aug. 28) in Columbia on his right knee, which he injured while playing in a jamboree Aug. 21 at Troy.

“It’s possible he could return this season, but it’s also possible that he won’t play again this season,” Timberland coach Craig Collins said. “A lot of different things will factor in, obviously, but in the end, it’ll be a decision that Nick and his doctors will have to make.”

Named as the state’s top prospect by Rivals.com, Demien was rated the seventh-best offensive lineman in the country and the No. 61 prospect nationally in his class. He chose Missouri over Oklahoma but also had scholarship offers from a number of other football powers, including Florida State, Nebraska, Arkansas, Wisconsin, UCLA and Oregon."

Interesting rumor that he has contacted our staff and made an inquiry if we are still interested. Don't know if this has any legs or not, but it is interesting and he is definitely at a spot of need.

Did you hear that from a Mizzou board? If true that would be sweet

wow that would be great if true...... lots of people coming out of the wood work now arent they

It's not true, there was some confusion about his friend wanting to wrestle at NU or something that got twisted into him wanting to talk to our coaches.

It's not true, there was some confusion about his friend wanting to wrestle at NU or something that got twisted into him wanting to talk to our coaches.

And if it was true do you think that he would just let everyone know his intentions? Look, Chase Rome rated his visit a "7" and then committed shortly thereafter. If Demien is interested in putting out some feelers, he can't exactly be forthright with his intentions while he is committed to another school. A couple of posters at HI think this is more than a call for a "friend".

And if it was true do you think that he would just let everyone know his intentions? Look, Chase Rome rated his visit a "7" and then committed shortly thereafter. If Demien is interested in putting out some feelers, he can't exactly be forthright with his intentions while he is committed to another school. A couple of posters at HI think this is more than a call for a "friend".

im going to go with your story... its much more interesting that way.....

lets hope its true

im going to go with your story... its much more interesting that way.....

lets hope its true

With Gabbert and Rome both saying that they are 100% committed now and actively recruiting for us this thing might have some legs to it.