Blake Lawrence

A friend of mine saw on Tigerboard that Blake suffered another concusion. Asked what I have heard. I hadnt seen anything here yet, nor found anything supporting it. Said it was his third one within the past 12 months and it would be ending his career.

Can anyone confirm this?? Hope he is okay, you never want to see someone go down to injury and career ending is even worse.

that sucks. There is nothing like what its like to be told you may never play again, it is just awful. I had that coversation with an ortho surgen when i was 16. That mental part was 10 times worse then the actual injury.

Hope either way he is healthy mentally and physically. I will keep him in my prayers

Man this is really too bad for Blake. 3 in 12 months will probably end his football career. Yes, this is total "speculation" on my part, so please no need to "call me out"...but IF the concussions were severe enough to warrant more than a week off, he will be told NO more football. I have seen this as a high school football and wrestling coach. Over the years, if a kid gets repeated concussions, Dr.'s usually say enough is enough......and the type of violent hits that he will take could result in more than just not playing football. Just a bad situation all the way around.

Wait, what? I've heard NOTHING about his career being over. I think that's speculation. Although the concussions are what they are. In fact I believe Bo said although Blake won't play in the spring game, he was "fine."

No one has said his career is over for sure. Like the above poster said, 3 in a year is usually enough for doctors to say that they should not play. If he is not done now, if he even has one more minor concussion he will certainly be told not to play anymore. (it's not a question of whether he is "fine" now, it's a question of how many repeated concussions before the doctor calls it quits.)

The risks are just too great to take a chance with.

This is the first time I've heard of Blake Lawerence ever getting a concussion. I go to Huskerpedia.com everyday and I'm a subscriber to Husker Illustrated and I've never seen anything about Blake with any concussions. Hope this is false info but if it is true I hope that he gets better.

This is the first time I've heard of Blake Lawerence ever getting a concussion. I go to Huskerpedia.com everyday and I'm a subscriber to Husker Illustrated and I've never seen anything about Blake with any concussions. Hope this is false info but if it is true I hope that he gets better.

You need to pay closer attention then... (I'm just kidding. Just surprised you hadn't heard.)

http://huskerextra.com/articles/2009/04/11...ce511494079.txt

You need to pay closer attention then... (I'm just kidding. Just surprised you hadn't heard.)

http://huskerextra.com/articles/2009/04/11...ce511494079.txt

Uh thats weird. I'm surprised that Huskerpedia didn't cover this too

that sucks. There is nothing like what its like to be told you may never play again, it is just awful. I had that coversation with an ortho surgen when i was 16. That mental part was 10 times worse then the actual injury.

Hope either way he is healthy mentally and physically. I will keep him in my prayers

Multiple concussions....so that's why you're a Missouri fan...J/K... :lol:

:clap

:box

:LOLtartar

Thanks for you're concern about Blake fro daddy. Yes, the rumor is that his career is over.