Joe Ganz signs with Washinton!!!

Ganz signs with Washington

Post details: Ganz signs with Washington

04/27/09

10:36:51 am, Categories: -Football by Steve Sipple

Ganz signs with Washington

Joe Ganz has signed with Washington.

He said he woke up Monday morning to several missed calls, including one from his agent and another from a Washington scout.

"I know they've also signed Chase Daniel as a free agent," Ganz said. "I think that'll be really sweet. It'll be fun to have someone to try to compete with."

Washington returns starter Jason Campbell, veteran backup Todd Collins and second-year QB Colt Brennan.

Ganz endured a rough Sunday, watching quarterback after quarterback being picked in the final five rounds.

"It was hard seeing some of those quarterbacks go, especially in the fourth and fifth round," he said. "It was tough to see it, especially when your name didn't get called.

"It was a very tough day."

He said he doesn't understand why he wasn't drafted or why more teams weren't interested.

"I don't think I'll ever understand it," he said.

Chicago and Washington showed the most interest in him in days leading to the draft.

Good luck Joe! Knock the boogers out of Chase. :laughpound

For the record, I think Chase Daniel will be an absolute bust while Joe Ganz might actually have a shot to make it.

1. Joe is comfortable taking the snap from under center, dropping back, making his reads and delivering the football. Chase, on the other hand, rarely took snaps from under center because he was in the shotgun 99% of the time.

2. Joe spent five years in an NFL caliber West Coast Offense which will give him a tremendous advantage over that pudgy little booger chomping dweeb from Missery.

Jeez Jen, I get the idea you don't like the kid.

Have you ever liked somebody who kicked your butt? I know that I still dislike a kid from my childhood. I am sure a cumlative 100pt beating contributed greatly to Jens dislike.

DA*N that Tommy Fraiser!! <_<

So whoever reported him to Tampa Bay was just completely effing with us?

I think I may have been one of the people that said that, I know I did on at least one board. I was just taking what had been reported on one board and relaying it to another. So, nothing intentional, just misinformed.

Jeez Jen, I get the idea you don't like the kid.

Have you ever liked somebody who kicked your butt? I know that I still dislike a kid from my childhood. I am sure a cumlative 100pt beating contributed greatly to Jens dislike.

DA*N that Tommy Fraiser!! <_<

:rollin

Well, tbh, Daniel has better accuracy and skills compared to Ganz.

However, Daniel has been running a style of offense that is not favored in the NFL as far as quarterbacks go. Taking a spread offense quarterback into the pros is almost as useful as taking an option quarterback to play quarterback in the pro's, it just doesn't work (unless you are Stafford with his "great" arm strength and other "intangibles" <_< ) The spread offense is set up and run differently compared to the pro passing game, and a lot of snaps in the NFL come from under center, something that Ganz has some experience with and Daniel has even less of.

IMHO, they are both at the same level of play as far as competing for a pro quarterback spot. They both have their weaknesses and strengths, but neither is fit to be a pro style quarterback right now.

Taking a spread offense quarterback into the pros is almost as useful as taking an option quarterback to play quarterback in the pro's, it just doesn't work (unless you are Stafford with his "great" arm strength and other "intangibles" )

I wouldn't call UGA's offense a spread offense or an option offense so I don't understand your point about Stafford, but I think that Ganz is definetely the more prepared of the two (and he is not fat). An added bonus of Ganz going to Washington is the ability for him to get tickets for family and friends if they come to see him. Cody Glenn seems to have the hook-up.

For the record, I think Chase Daniel will be an absolute bust while Joe Ganz might actually have a shot to make it.

1. Joe is comfortable taking the snap from under center, dropping back, making his reads and delivering the football. Chase, on the other hand, rarely took snaps from under center because he was in the shotgun 99% of the time.

2. Joe spent five years in an NFL caliber West Coast Offense which will give him a tremendous advantage over that pudgy little booger chomping dweeb from Missery.

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

If I was Chase Daniel I wouldn't walk into an alley with you Jen.

T_O_B

If I was Chase Daniel I wouldn't walk into an alley with you Jen.

Actually I'd just spit on him and then watch him burst into tears... :LOLtartar