Calaclown/Cosgrove story I heard!

Was talking to one of my customers the other day about the difference between Bo and Calaclown. How Bo has brought the team together as one, the Fire he brings, the leadership and knowledge. (and much more!) Then he proceeded to tell me the story of how his buddy was best buds with Cosgrove. This in he had, hooked him up with free tickets/parties and access to coaches offices after games and what not. He proceeded to tell me about this one party he attended with Cosgrove and many others. He got talking with Cosgrove and the subject about meetings with Calaclown came up. Cosgrove would say oh, you mean Billy? (I guess they where childhood friends and followed each other around coaching a bit) Cosgrove said, well when Billy and I would get together we would never talk about football, it always about old times! And my customer asked him, you mean you guys never talk football?? And Cosgrove said "nope, Billy would say "I have the offense and you have the Defense".

Pretty much sums it up eh?? I'm sure Bo and Carl are shooting holes through Watson offense and Vice Versa!

Was talking to one of my customers the other day about the difference between Bo and Calaclown. How Bo has brought the team together as one, the Fire he brings, the leadership and knowledge. (and much more!) Then he proceeded to tell me the story of how his buddy was best buds with Cosgrove. This in he had, hooked him up with free tickets/parties and access to coaches offices after games and what not. He proceeded to tell me about this one party he attended with Cosgrove and many others. He got talking with Cosgrove and the subject about meetings with Calaclown came up. Cosgrove would say oh, you mean Billy? (I guess they where childhood friends and followed each other around coaching a bit) Cosgrove said, well when Billy and I would get together we would never talk about football, it always about old times! And my customer asked him, you mean you guys never talk football?? And Cosgrove said "nope, Billy would say "I have the offense and you have the Defense".

Pretty much sums it up eh?? I'm sure Bo and Carl are shooting holes through Watson offense and Vice Versa!

Yeah, Callahan seemed to treat himself like the OC, which is why he obviously had issues getting the team to play to its potential.

I remember 2006 when we all thought Cosgrove was some kind of defensive mastermind. :facepalm:

I can honestly say I never liked the hire. It stank of cronyism. Coz hadn't had a good D in years at Wiscy in the mundane Big 10 and the fans were happy to see him gone. The hiring of an ill-tempered nomad like Elmo topped it off for me.

I remember 2006 when we all thought Cosgrove was some kind of defensive mastermind. :facepalm:

We had a good defense in 2006. Definitely not 'defensive mastermind' good, but it was pretty solid.

The last two games of the year we played championship caliber defense if you ask me.