SIGNED RB Aaron Green

He's hard to predict... I don't think anyone really knows what he's thinking. Which we can say for a lot of recruits.

We know that he has visited NU last year and this year for the spring games. He's also visited campus to move his brother in, and i'd imagine knows several guys on the team from his brother. So he's made at least 3 visits to campus, maybe more. We also know that he went to the Baylor/NU game in Waco last year, and that he attended the Big 12 Championship against Texas in Dallas. So he has seen NU play at least 4 times... which tells me he knows a lot about our program by now, enough to make an educated decision. We also know that Tyler Moore and Jamal Turner have been recruiting him, talking to him, etc. and that he said it stood out to him that NU's players from all over the country were talking to him, because of distance and because of passion for the program. I feel that he when he decides to make a decision, he will make a very educated one. This kid does his research, really gets to know each program, and seems to be very mature in what he is looking for in programs.

With that said, we know he likes Texas for it's winning history, for it's program, and for it's proximity to home. He hasn't mentioned much about the coaching staff or about the facilities... but maybe he doesn't need to... he likes Texas but how much does he like them?

Now when he visited NU for the spring game he gave his visit a '10'. We know he loves coach Ron Brown, we know he feels comfortable there and has said that his parents would love to him and his brother to play at the same school so they can see them both with the same trip. We know that after his sophomore year he was glowing about Nebraska and made several comments that he liked us. We know we have been in his top group for at least 2 years... but as well all know, sometimes these recruits surprise us and choose schools we never would have thought they would choose. And sometimes they like 2 programs a lot and go with the latter... so with that said, it is impossible to predict where Aaron will go... from his verbals and what the Texas boards predict, it looks like he has us at #1 for the time being... but you never know what will happen.

Green isn't down to 4 schools yet, he had mentioned 5 schools that were standing out, one of the 5 being Stanford. He isn't interested in Stanford any longer, but hasn't elminated other schools yet. Aaron told Rivals after the Scout story broke that he has NOT decided on a final list of schools yet.

Long time reader, seldom poster, but I was wondering if help was available from anyone with rivals account.

New sticky at Red Sea Scrolls about Green cutting his list and making favorites.

Not asking for quotes or anything, just a brief summary.

Thanks

I dont have a rivals subscription, but on scout it has Bama, Cal, Nebraska, and UT as his top four.

Long time reader, seldom poster, but I was wondering if help was available from anyone with rivals account.

New sticky at Red Sea Scrolls about Green cutting his list and making favorites.

Thanks

I dont have a rivals subscription, but on scout it has Bama, Cal, Nebraska, and UT as his top four.

That's accurate! :thumbs

Thanks

That's accurate! thumbsup.gif

That is NOT accurate, his top 4 are Texas, Nebraska, Cal and Florida State.

His official list of schools under consideration are

Alabama

Auburn

Baylor

Cal

Florida State

LSU

Nebraska

Texas

Texas A&M

No summer trips planned though.

Thanks

Alabama

Auburn

Baylor

Cal

Florida State

LSU

Nebraska

Texas

Texas A&M

scout is wrong then I guess? :dunno

Thanks

Alabama

Auburn

Baylor

Cal

Florida State

LSU

Nebraska

Texas

Texas A&M

Hey I just don't want to get accused of "copy&paste" again!

Thanks

Alabama

Auburn

Baylor

Cal

Florida State

LSU

Nebraska

Texas

Texas A&M

Hey I just don't want to get accused of "copy&paste" again!

That would be a good idea! :thumbs

Thanks

Alabama

Auburn

Baylor

Cal

Florida State

LSU

Nebraska

Texas

Texas A&M

scout is wrong then I guess? dunno.gif

Yes, they were wrong last week. I posted on 5/14 that his "top 5" were UT, NU, FSU, Cal and Stanford, Aaron removed Stanford from consideration, so his top 4 are now UT, NU, FSU and Cal. Scout was wrong the day they posted the article FWIW.

Thanks

Alabama

Auburn

Baylor

Cal

Florida State

LSU

Nebraska

Texas

Texas A&M

scout is wrong then I guess? dunno.gif

Yes, they were wrong last week. I posted on 5/14 that his "top 5" were UT, NU, FSU, Cal and Stanford, Aaron removed Stanford from consideration, so his top 4 are now UT, NU, FSU and Cal. Scout was wrong the day they posted the article FWIW.

Thanks for the update :thumbs