SIGNED RB Aaron Green

Lol. Irie's post... Reason for edit: removed f word. :LOLtartar:laughpound

Anyway, I will literally be blown away if Aaron does not choose NU. FSU and Cal both already have to running backs in this class, and Texas just got there guy in Malcolm Brown. It only makes sense... we have no RB committed this class, his brother is here, he knows our campus and school the best, I'd bet my house his relationships with our coaches far outstrip any other relationships with coaches he has at the other schools...

I still feel like Cal and FSU were kind of token additions to his final four and his heart was really either with us or the home state school. We can only hope those reports about Texas not recruiting him were true. I'd say more, but I'm not jynxing anything.

Take it to the bank BleedNUred, I'll be there waiting.

Anyway, I will literally be blown away if Aaron does not choose NU. FSU and Cal both already have to running backs in this class, and Texas just got there guy in Malcolm Brown. It only makes sense... we have no RB committed this class, his brother is here, he knows our campus and school the best, I'd bet my house his relationships with our coaches far outstrip any other relationships with coaches he has at the other schools...

I still feel like Cal and FSU were kind of token additions to his final four and his heart was really either with us or the home state school. We can only hope those reports about Texas not recruiting him were true. I'd say more, but I'm not jynxing anything.

The kid is too smart to play second fiddle to Malcolm.

It blows my mind how UT fans seem to believe that just because MB committed to them that Aaron is STRONGLY looking at Texas. He might give them a look but he knows were his heart is. His parents love Nebraska, his brother loves it here. Ron Brown has been on this kid for 2 years as well, so the strong religous ties will make a huge differenc in the end. I dont see Major Applewhite having a bond with Aaron like Caoch Brown does.

It blows my mind how UT fans seem to believe that just because MB committed to them that Aaron is STRONGLY looking at Texas. He might give them a look but he knows were his heart is. His parents love Nebraska, his brother loves it here. Ron Brown has been on this kid for 2 years as well, so the strong religous ties will make a huge differenc in the end. I dont see Major Applewhite having a bond with Aaron like Caoch Brown does.

He might have a good friendship with Malcolm Brown, but his relationship with his own brother is probably a tad better.

It comes down to one thing ... and one thing only. We have no idea what's going on in this kid's head. We have no idea if brother Andrew carries more weight than friend Malcolm. And we have no idea if Texas still hasn't contacted him or is no longer interested. You can carry this over 1,000 posts if you like, but we won't truly know anything until he actually pulls the trigger. It's all speculation.

But one thing I am sure of ... this thread is going over one thousand.

Might as well throw in my two cents... again.

I think too much is made of Aaron's relationship with Malcolm. While I don't really want to bring anything up (so as not to jynx it), in my mind, Texas is definitely a SLEEPER, just barely within striking distance, to land Aaron, not a FAVORITE. Any TU fan trying to tell you anything else is just a bit more delusional than your average TU fan.

I think too much is made of Aaron's relationship with Malcolm. While I don't really want to bring anything up (so as not to jynx it), in my mind, Texas is definitely a SLEEPER, just barely within striking distance, to land Aaron, not a FAVORITE. Any TU fan trying to tell you anything else is just a bit more delusional than your average TU fan.

The whole thing about a misunderstanding a bunch of bull in my opinion. Texas fell behind Nebraska for Aaron they stopped contacting him to go after malcolm full bore.

• Fire 1

The whole thing about a misunderstanding a bunch of bull in my opinion. Texas fell behind Nebraska for Aaron they stopped contacting him to go after malcolm full bore.

Would Texas take him? Sure, no question. Are they pursuing him? I'm sure a little. Because guys will inevitably switch, I bet they don't just stop contacting him. They can always put the full pressure on at the end of January if Brown were to bolt, for instance. We did it with Tomerlin. I'd guess we're still talking with guys like Grimble, just in case, but not as much as maybe a Todd Peat. I'm sure Texas is doing the same.

On the other hand, since they've got that position filled and they usually fill their most of their class in the spring, I would imagine they're really recruiting for next year, continuing with the guys they have and looking to fill those last couple spots of need, not going after someone they probably won't get, and don't really need anymore.

Of course this is all my pure speculation and I could be way wrong. aaaaand probably am. :rant