Thinkin about Lincoln....

I've been seriously considering taking the Cyclone Party Bus on the road and attending the NU/ISU game in Lincoln this year. I haven't been to Memorial Stadium since 1983 and, coincidently, the Cyclones haven't won a game in Lincoln since 1983 (actually, since 1977 but who's keeping track...it's kind of like sitting on a spinning circular saw blade and trying to figure out which tooth cut your ass first....) But, before I commit myself and the wonderful Cyclone Party Bus crew to this trip, I have a couple of questions:

1) How many douchbags will I be subjected to when I show up at the stadium decked out in my fabulous Iowa State gear...complete with a cardboard Cy hat that kind of makes me look like a retarded pirate?

2) Is there a designated area for parking the amazing Cyclone Party Bus where we can be assured that unruly fans won't tip it over or set fire to it? (They had one when we ventured to the Colorado game a few years back...they called it Wyoming)

3) Can I have my picture taken with Lil Red and would it be okay if at halftime, me and my fellow ISU alumni go out on the field and flail aimlessly and fall down so as to relive the good old days?

4) And...the BIG question...anybody got about 10 free tickets or are we all going to end up standing on top of the bus wondering what's going on again....

Okay I'll tackle these one by one...

I've been seriously considering taking the Cyclone Party Bus on the road and attending the NU/ISU game in Lincoln this year. I haven't been to Memorial Stadium since 1983 and, coincidently, the Cyclones haven't won a game in Lincoln since 1983 (actually, since 1977 but who's keeping track...it's kind of like sitting on a spinning circular saw blade and trying to figure out which tooth cut your ass first....) But, before I commit myself and the wonderful Cyclone Party Bus crew to this trip, I have a couple of questions:

1) How many douchbags will I be subjected to when I show up at the stadium decked out in my fabulous Iowa State gear...complete with a cardboard Cy hat that kind of makes me look like a retarded pirate?

None...we're not Missouri. (Sorry FroDaddy...couldn't resist.)

2) Is there a designated area for parking the amazing Cyclone Party Bus where we can be assured that unruly fans won't tip it over or set fire to it? (They had one when we ventured to the Colorado game a few years back...they called it Wyoming)

Yes there is a designated spot where you can park...it's called the loser lot. :laughpound

3) Can I have my picture taken with Lil Red and would it be okay if at halftime, me and my fellow ISU alumni go out on the field and flail aimlessly and fall down so as to relive the good old days?

Sure go out onto the field...I'm sure nobody would mind. :blink:

4) And...the BIG question...anybody got about 10 free tickets or are we all going to end up standing on top of the bus wondering what's going on again....

Free tickets? :rollin

hahahahahahahhaha

That is a brilliant analogy my friend

Actually Cy I have a feeling Lil Red and the Big Red faithful may want to have THEIR picture taken with you in your Clone garb/outfit. You'll be right at home too in Sidetracks Tavern...they already know your fight song.

There's plenty of party bus parking at the Haymarket baseball/softball complex and not too far of a jaunt to the Stadium.

Come on over!

Yes there is a designated spot where you can park...it's called the loser lot. :laughpound

So...I can just park next to you?

How original. Way to ruin your own thread... <_<

if i may interject, your unclever line ruined the thread after cy's money "saw blade" metaphor.

and cy, just as long as you go home and cry into round after round of scotch after the cryclones take their beating, then you can do whatever you feel like.

So...I can just park next to you?

How original. Way to ruin your own thread... <_<

I found it to be a witty retort.

CY can make fun of the Cyclones, no one else can... You should know that by now...

Other important Huskerboard notes:

1) Don't call TuffTiger a "Slaver", he gets so mad he even comes out of character (My bad)

2) Don't start threads about the team wearing black uniforms, better yet, don't talk about blackouts either...

3) Don't say mean things publicly about Tom Osborne

4) Call me a Jayhawk Football bandwagon jumper and I will find where you live. ;)

5) Don't pop on this board for the first time right AFTER upsetting the Huskers, and expect to be taken seriously... Even other teams fans who frequent the board will tell you to go away.

5) Don't pop on this board for the first time right AFTER upsetting the Huskers, and expect to be taken seriously... Even other teams fans who frequent the board will tell you to go away.

Nothing more annoying than that. :bang

Cy, two things. First, free tickets? Doubt it, unless somebody is feeling extremely generous. One of my good friend's family owns about 25 Husker season tickets, but I know they don't give them up without whoever is buying them paying full price.

Secondly, I'm pretty sure you will be unable to get onto the football field. As far as I know, only special guests can get down there.

Other important Huskerboard notes:

1) Don't call TuffTiger a "Slaver", he gets so mad he even comes out of character (My bad)

2) Don't start threads about the team wearing black uniforms, better yet, don't talk about blackouts either...

3) Don't say mean things publicly about Tom Osborne

4) Call me a Jayhawk Football bandwagon jumper and I will find where you live. ;)

Woah, I must have missed this one! I thought I read every TT post!