KC Star picks Huskers 2nd in the North

Why dont u huskerfans ever travel to other teams homefields like u used to. I remember back in the day, our stadium was filled with Big Red fans (95 season? dont remember exactly which season) THat sucked heh

As for Iowa State....they gave me a scare last year. But they cant win on the road, unless their new head coach can light a fire under the teams arse.

grr still 4 months till football season

#1 reason opposing teams are making out of staters buy season tickets so that we don't over run the stadium with a SEA OF RED.

skers fan hit it on the head. The rise of kansas, the south teams, and the blowhards in the stateto the south east of nebraska have made getting tickets harder and then when they are available they charge up the arse for them. Like the Cyclowns making you buy multiple game packages of tickets to be able to go to the Sker game. That was bull crap, but can see their reasoning.

As for the north next year, the early edge goes to KU, but unlike Mizzou last year I agree they get NU at a bad time. Also KU probably has two definite losses in OU and Texas whereas we have the one in OU and pretty much coin flips against the rest of the league sans ISU and KSU.

I think the loss of all your LBs will be huge. Jayhawk fans are quick to bark out how they weren't that good last year and won't be a big deal, but were also screaming no respect the year before when their LB corp was the best. Hmm...been there done that haven't we Husker faithful.

Anyways Briscoe is the best WR in the conference hands down and he scares the hell out of me. Reesing is a warrior, but I like Scarlet and Cream amongst the colors of fall.

Why dont u huskerfans ever travel to other teams homefields like u used to. I remember back in the day, our stadium was filled with Big Red fans (95 season? dont remember exactly which season) THat sucked heh

As for Iowa State....they gave me a scare last year. But they cant win on the road, unless their new head coach can light a fire under the teams arse.

grr still 4 months till football season

#1 reason opposing teams are making out of staters buy season tickets so that we don't over run the stadium with a SEA OF RED.

Well, I think that is not quite true. It is true that it is hard to get a ticket, but KU fans seem to be who are buying them... You are right the season tickets are the way to go, because so many good seats are bought up that way, but that is true in Lincoln too...

Does not matter - NU's kinks will be worked out by then. Even if you beat us you still don't beat us, kansas will always be kansas same as ksu will always be ksu in 208 games against your state NEBRASKA has had 38 off (losses) days.

Ilove differences of opinion, the spice of life, but what an odd take this is. A couple points to address...

1) If we beat you, we beat you. Who won 30 years ago doesn't get added to the score post mortem. It is not like you do not know what is coming up at this point.

2) KSU is a different school. Sorry that confuses you...

3) Combining records against different schools does not help make your point. What happens in Manhattan is not so relevant to what is happening in Lawrence. The same can be said for most states (California, Texas, Michigan, Oklahoma, Alabama, Florida, etc) , so does having only one major football prgram somehow cause you math issues?

So now that I have cleared those points up, good luck to you too buddy. Stay classy.

ku & ksu are the same to NEBRASKA - your a speed bump we hit every know and then - For ku football started 3 years ago and they're all pumping there chest. Teams that have no history and tradition will never understand what happens 30 years ago is still relevant to today.

:wacko::wtf

Don't get too worked up. South Bay is formerly known as Chad 1971 who had similar posts and idiotic rants. Check the woodshed or his Classy fans topic. He'll go away soon.

WHAAAAAAAA! some jerkoff doesn't like me - Where am I going so I can pack.

Yep I'm the jerkoff. I'm just some guy who did all this before and promised never to come back ever again. Oh wait..... that was you.

http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.ph...c=10428&hl=

Or... being awesome and showing the world how you feel

http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.ph...ic=9990&hl=

But hey whatever... glad you're back. :clap

Does not matter - NU's kinks will be worked out by then. Even if you beat us you still don't beat us, kansas will always be kansas same as ksu will always be ksu in 208 games against your state NEBRASKA has had 38 off (losses) days.

Ilove differences of opinion, the spice of life, but what an odd take this is. A couple points to address...

1) If we beat you, we beat you. Who won 30 years ago doesn't get added to the score post mortem. It is not like you do not know what is coming up at this point.

2) KSU is a different school. Sorry that confuses you...

3) Combining records against different schools does not help make your point. What happens in Manhattan is not so relevant to what is happening in Lawrence. The same can be said for most states (California, Texas, Michigan, Oklahoma, Alabama, Florida, etc) , so does having only one major football prgram somehow cause you math issues?

So now that I have cleared those points up, good luck to you too buddy. Stay classy.

ku & ksu are the same to NEBRASKA - your a speed bump we hit every know and then - For ku football started 3 years ago and they're all pumping there chest. Teams that have no history and tradition will never understand what happens 30 years ago is still relevant to today.

:wacko::wtf

Don't get too worked up. South Bay is formerly known as Chad 1971 who had similar posts and idiotic rants. Check the woodshed or his Classy fans topic. He'll go away soon.

WHAAAAAAAA! some jerkoff doesn't like me - Where am I going so I can pack.

Yep I'm the jerkoff. I'm just some guy who did all this before and promised never to come back ever again. Oh wait..... that was you.

http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.ph...c=10428&hl=

Or... being awesome and showing the world how you feel

http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.ph...ic=9990&hl=

But hey whatever... glad you're back. :clap

Should I start the thread in the woodshed now or should we wait?! :woo

Disagree. If Mangino stays at Lawrence he could give KU the tradition in football that many KU fans want. Whether one likes him or not, he has done a good job at KU.

The question should be, what's the over/under on Mangino making thru this year without keeling over? I sure wish KU would "help" him lose some weight. I mean, come on, get a gastric bypass already!! I hate going to Kansas/NU games now because I am scared to death the game will have to be stopped/canceled half way thru because Mangino will fall over and die on the field. He really needs an intervention before something bad happens. It's bad enough the guy will die, but then to make things worse he will probably fall on someone else when it happens cutting their life short too.

Maybe Jayhawk can answer this, but I think he did have a gastric bypass a while back. Dunno why I think that, but it's sitting in recess of my mind next to mood ring ads and platform disco saddle shoes.

Disagree. If Mangino stays at Lawrence he could give KU the tradition in football that many KU fans want. Whether one likes him or not, he has done a good job at KU.

The question should be, what's the over/under on Mangino making thru this year without keeling over? I sure wish KU would "help" him lose some weight. I mean, come on, get a gastric bypass already!! I hate going to Kansas/NU games now because I am scared to death the game will have to be stopped/canceled half way thru because Mangino will fall over and die on the field. He really needs an intervention before something bad happens. It's bad enough the guy will die, but then to make things worse he will probably fall on someone else when it happens cutting their life short too.

Maybe Jayhawk can answer this, but I think he did have a gastric bypass a while back. Dunno why I think that, but it's sitting in recess of my mind next to mood ring ads and platform disco saddle shoes.

I think that was fat-ass Charlie Weiss...And didn't he sue because he didn't recover correctly. Think he lost the suit, but not sure!!

Sorry for the slow answer, been out of town...

He was rumored to have had one, but it was very much a rumor and I am not sure I can see any positive moves forward if he did in fact have one.

Just saw the KC Star predictions and thought I would add a link to my own. I predict every game for the 2009 Big 12 football season and have Kansas representing the North in the Big 12 Championship. I have the Huskers finishing the regular season 9-3.

2009 Big 12 season predictions

Thanks Lance. But you don't explain you're picks in the article at all. I would think that a Nebraska guy like yourself could clearly see how we totally dominated both lines of scrimmage last year. I realize that Reesing is a stud, but what make's you think he will get anymore protection this year? Plus, our secondary will be 10X better in Bo's second year, so Brisco won't be running wild on us this year.

NU=better defensive line, offensive line, secondary, running backs and kicking game

KU= better QB(Reesing) reciever(Brisco)

edge=NU

Just saw the KC Star predictions and thought I would add a link to my own. I predict every game for the 2009 Big 12 football season and have Kansas representing the North in the Big 12 Championship. I have the Huskers finishing the regular season 9-3.

Thanks Lance. But you don't explain you're picks in the article at all. I would think that a Nebraska guy liek yourself could clearly see how we totally dominated both lines of scrimmage last year. I realize that Reesing is a stud, but what make's you think he will get anymore protection this year? Plus, our secondary will be 10X better in Bo's second year, so Brisco won't be running wild on us this year.

NU=better defensive line, offensive line, secondary,tight ends, running backs and kicking game

KU= better QB(Reesing) reciever(Brisco)

edge=NU

Sorry for the slow answer, been out of town...

He was rumored to have had one, but it was very much a rumor and I am not sure I can see any positive moves forward if he did in fact have one.

Mangino was in KC for an alumni fund raiser. Afterwords he got lost and couldn't find Interstate 435. He stopped to get directions and asked a guy "Hey, how do I get to 435?" The guy answered, "Eat lots of salad?"

Taylor Potts at 2?:dunno

Wow, I didn't even see that. A guy know one has ever heard of is going to be better than Colt McCoy? Sorry Lance, once again I have to disagree. He may put up some big passing numbers, but what TT QB hasn't ? TT is going to suck this year.

Taylor Potts at 2?:dunno

I think Potts will be pretty good QB but to rank him ahead of Colt before he has ever even started a game is pretty asinine.