Redskins Cut Ties with Ganz, Keep Daniel

I'm with Newearth on this one. If he was so humble, and so team-oriented and taking his mop-up place to be a good sport, why would he wear a "Got Ganz?" shirt to parties in the middle of a team breakdown? This isn't just heresay either, I have personally seen him and he seemed more me-focused than anything else. I am happy for what he did for us, but I also think he's created this image of himself for the media that makes him lovable (read, knowingly crafting this image he wants people to believe).

This is the heart of the matter right here. I really liked Ganz too until I heard this crap. This is why I think it is dangerous to idolize the players as individuals as opposed to players on a football field. Too often we find out that these "lovable" personalities don't live up to the hype.

I don’t know Joey Ganz as person so I have no personal animosity towards him in that regard and seriously I do wish him well in all that he does.

My beef is that what he accomplished is no different then say what Jammal Lord did, yet one is the poster child for Husker fan “Hug Buddy” while the other was bashed so much and shown so much hatred that he has only been back to this wonderful state once since he graduated. They were both team first players that did all that were asked of them, they both broke records (one rushing and one passing), won a bowl game, yet came up short in “big money” games. That being said one of them was ranked in the Top 10 and finished the season in the Top 20, yet that is the one that was outcast by the Husker Nation and still gets bashed to this day by them.

I’m just a bell ringer for equality, whether it is calling out a Presidential Office for doing some of the same stuff as the one before it, or a new loved coach getting away with similar things that the old hated coach couldn’t, or a current player being leg humped while a player in the past was tarred and feathered while doing the same things. Shouldn’t people in the same position be held to the same standard as those before them?

An odd man along with his ultra odd wife once said:

“You may say that I'm a dreamer

But I'm not the only one

I hope someday you'll join us

And the world will be as one”

Jammal Lord, was a Husker and did all that was asked of him. He was playing out of position. There was two things he could have done great at in sports. Run with the football as a running back and throw the javelin as a track and field athlete.

Thats the list.............

GBR!!!

OK, let's see now...we have to treat all athletes the same, when they violate a rule or go beyond the bounds of good taste...hmmm, that hasn't happened in the past, no reason to expect that to change anytime soon and if you wear a T-shirt that expresses confidence, then you automatically hit the $hit list for the rest of your career.....yep, those aren't shallow attitudes! <_<

OK, let's see now...we have to treat all athletes the same, when they violate a rule or go beyond the bounds of good taste...hmmm, that hasn't happened in the past, no reason to expect that to change anytime soon and if you wear a T-shirt that expresses confidence, then you automatically hit the $hit list for the rest of your career.....yep, those aren't shallow attitudes! <_<

I'm confused. Where is this coming from? Who said anything about violating rules or doing things in bad taste and then turned around and compared them to some stupid T-shirt? :dunno

You really don't find it cheesy and cocky that he was seen wearing a "Got Ganz" shirt?

I'm with Newearth on this one. If he was so humble, and so team-oriented and taking his mop-up place to be a good sport, why would he wear a "Got Ganz?" shirt to parties in the middle of a team breakdown? This isn't just heresay either, I have personally seen him and he seemed more me-focused than anything else. I am happy for what he did for us, but I also think he's created this image of himself for the media that makes him lovable (read, knowingly crafting this image he wants people to believe).

This is the heart of the matter right here. I really liked Ganz too until I heard this crap. This is why I think it is dangerous to idolize the players as individuals as opposed to players on a football field. Too often we find out that these "lovable" personalities don't live up to the hype.

The part I put in bold and a shade of purple...

This is the first time I've ever heard of this "Got Ganz" issue and quite frankly, it was probably intended as a joke. It was worn at a party after all...

I'd like to believe that Sam Keller was the starter in '07 because he EARNED the job, but in hindsight it does appear that he was handed the #1 QB spot. And, in hindsight it appears that this was one, of the plethora, of the issues that split the team apart two years ago.

And, as for your contention that Ganz is basically a dick and this "image" of his is carefully crafted, well it really doesn't make a whole lot of sense because the entire team, from what I've heard and read they all loved the guy. And from my own personal experience, most people only tolerate a**holes and di**heads if they want something from them. JMO.

Well if he is what you say I say he is, the reason his teammates respected and liked him were because they're regular guys, being friends with a pretty regular guy (most guys ARE dicks) and he worked his ass off on the field which helped his case.

As far as the t-shirt issue being a joke, I most definitely could be wrong but it seemed to me that he and his team friends (he wasn't the only one wearing one) really didn't find it to be a laughing matter, and were quick to tell anyone who would listen about how he should be playing.

Well if he is what you say I say he is, the reason his teammates respected and liked him were because they're regular guys, being friends with a pretty regular guy (most guys ARE dicks) and he worked his ass off on the field which helped his case.

As far as the t-shirt issue being a joke, I most definitely could be wrong but it seemed to me that he and his team friends (he wasn't the only one wearing one) really didn't find it to be a laughing matter, and were quick to tell anyone who would listen about how he should be playing.

Okay. Like I said though, I've never heard of the "Got Ganz" issue before...where the heck have I been? :dumdum

And, in hindsight they were right...Ganz should've been the starter in '07. Oh well, water under the bridge now.

Okay. Like I said though, I've never heard of the "Got Ganz" issue before...where the heck have I been?

And, in hindsight they were right...Ganz should've been the starter in '07. Oh well, water under the bridge now.

So according to this logic, Coach Pelini would have been justified in wearing a "Got Bo" shirt from 2004-2007, right?

Too bad for Joey.

I don't care what anyone says... Give me Ganz... or give me death!

I Heart.jpgJOE!

LET'S GO JOE! *clap clap clap-clap-clap*

I've got a fever! And the only prescription is MORE GANZ!

What do you think about that, Ganz haters? ;)

NewEarth,

I actually got your back here. I have heard a lot of comedy in this thread.

1. If Joe had started 1 year, 3 years, or 8 years here HE WAS NEVER GONNA PLAY IN THE NFL. Love Joe just not good enough, not enough talent, lacks arm strength, height, etc.

I agree with newearth, a large number of husker fans get a serious (to quote)"boner) about a lot of our players. We love them cuz they play for us but that doesnt make them good at the NFL level.

Zac Lee will be a better NFL prospect, doesnt mean he will be better for us but is a better NFL prospect than keller, Joe , and Taylor.

This whole post is along the same lines as the ones stating shock and awe about swift and peterson not making it. They were not very good. They did good for us, but at the nfl level they are poor to terrible.

There are great college players everywhere that will not be good in the nfl, Joe, tommy, tebow, jason white, josh heupel, the list goes on and on.

thank you newearth for stating your opinion

Okay. Like I said though, I've never heard of the "Got Ganz" issue before...where the heck have I been?

So according to this logic, Coach Pelini would have been justified in wearing a "Got Bo" shirt from 2004-2007, right?

Had Bo done that would it really have mattered? Would it have changed anything? No.

And so what if Ganz did wear a "Got Ganz" t-shirt? It seems to me that there are people needlessly getting their panty's in a twist over something so ridiculously trivial as Joe Ganz wearing a "Got Ganz" shirt. Whoopty-freaking do.

Okay, okay, okay.

Some people really like Joe Ganz...

and some people could care less...

Some think he should be a pro QB ...

And some think he is where he belongs....

Please people!! Dont you think he has had enough!

beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

:clap:lol:

Ummm......soooo, yeahhhhhh, Fro. I'm gunna go ahead and need you to come in on Saturrrrrday after posting that picturrrrre...