Worst College Football Coaching Performances...

Chizak...worse than Hawkins...worse than Callahan...worse than dropping your soap in the shower in county lockup.... <_<

I am not sure about this.

Losing with the Cyclones hardly defines one as awful. It is easy to do and has been often accomplished.

BC on the other hand, was charting new territory that no Husker fan wants to ever revisit.

Im pretty sure that Iowa St. with Mccartney, pre-Chizak were pretty good. Infact jayhawk they went to bowl games in the 00, 01, 02, 04 & 05 seasons. They established wining in a way that KU never has.

Chizak...worse than Hawkins...worse than Callahan...worse than dropping your soap in the shower in county lockup.... <_<

Losing with the Cyclones hardly defines one as awful. It is easy to do and has been often accomplished.

BC on the other hand, was charting new territory that no Husker fan wants to ever revisit.

Im pretty sure that Iowa St. with Mccartney, pre-Chizak were pretty good. Infact jayhawk they went to bowl games in the 00, 01, 02, 04 & 05 seasons. They established wining in a way that KU never has.

Great...when your team has to be defended by Missouri fans your team is in pretty dire straits.... <_<

Great...when your team has to be defended by Missouri fans your team is in pretty dire straits.... <_<

Not so much defending Iowa St Cy, as it was an opportunity to remind KU they still suck :box

:nutz:lol:

Did you mean winning or whining? Or does it really matter?

Wasn't it just a few short years ago when your beloved Jayhawks were stumbling around in the Big 12 cellar? Why yes! I believe it was!

Chizek was the ultimate horrible coach who not only couldn't coach but also bailed out on his players after lying to their faces...a complete package of a total loser

We were, and if BC was part of that, well, he wasn't part of much to begin with, as just prior to that we had been good only brielfy. Making a legendary team tip off into the abyss of averageness is a far greater crime than losing in Ames Iowa... Sorry...

Not true, we have had good runs as well and ended the rseason in the top 10 in the early 90s, but McCartney did do a really good job and I was very much against firing him and said so often (Maybe even on this board). Bowls are not what they used to be, but they had a nice little run. That has nothing to do with Where the Huskers were, and what bringing in BC did. There is no reason they needed to drop off as far as they did. The North was not good enough, heck, Iowa State was one of the best teams for a while, and we ruined their title hopes (sorry Cy). No, I am not buying that Chizik's disaster matches up. He wrecked a tug boat that was leaking, BC was more like Wrecking the Titanic, well, maybe just giving is a huge rip down the hull, but it takes some serious negligence to get the Huskers in the shape they got as fast as he got em there... 1 more year of him and this board would be arranging times to meet to go on manhunts to drag the man out of town.

Not true, we have had good runs as well and ended the rseason in the top 10 in the early 90s, but McCartney did do a really good job and I was very much against firing him and said so often (Maybe even on this board). Bowls are not what they used to be, but they had a nice little run. That has nothing to do with Where the Huskers were, and what bringing in BC did. There is no reason they needed to drop off as far as they did. The North was not good enough, heck, Iowa State was one of the best teams for a while, and we ruined their title hopes (sorry Cy). No, I am not buying that Chizik's disaster matches up. He wrecked a tug boat that was leaking, BC was more like Wrecking the Titanic, well, maybe just giving is a huge rip down the hull, but it takes some serious negligence to get the Huskers in the shape they got as fast as he got em there... 1 more year of him and this board would be arranging times to meet to go on manhunts to drag the man out of town.

I wasnt saying it was the same level as BC. I guess that wasnt clear. But obviously its not the same. However you can talk about a sinking tug boat, but again jayhawk. One season in 95 were you were good doesnt equal established or continued winning. I know I dont need to remind you that for the first time in the history of your program KU made back to back bowl games this last year. the first time ever.

I am not arguing that Iowa St was some kind of power team. But they did fairly well for iowa st. And when you havnt won in 20 years and never before that. And you start going to bowl games every year, 5 in six years. (BTW they have only been to 9 bowl games total) that is a pretty good run. A pretty good team. Chizik took what was left a crashed it head first.

ISU is clearly not on Nebraska's level as few teams are. But this train was heading down a different track before BC. Things were already changing. BC didnt help it that is for sure. All I know is Iowa St wouldnt be put of a list like this because generally, they suck. But when you honestly look at what DM did for that program, and then where it went from there it should be considered. (please, for the love of God, I am not trying to start some frank, BC agruement here dedhoarse )

Just a honest question Jayhawk. If Mangino left next year and some other coach came in and Ku started sucking again, would you say they crashed Ku's program??

I wasnt saying it was the same level as BC. I guess that wasnt clear. But obviously its not the same. However you can talk about a sinking tug boat, but again jayhawk. One season in 95 were you were good doesnt equal established or continued winning. I know I dont need to remind you that for the first time in the history of your program KU made back to back bowl games this last year. the first time ever.

I am not arguing that Iowa St was some kind of power team. But they did fairly well for iowa st. And when you havnt won in 20 years and never before that. And you start going to bowl games every year, 5 in six years. (BTW they have only been to 9 bowl games total) that is a pretty good run. A pretty good team. Chizik took what was left a crashed it head first.

ISU is clearly not on Nebraska's level as few teams are. But this train was heading down a different track before BC. Things were already changing. BC didnt help it that is for sure. All I know is Iowa St wouldnt be put of a list like this because generally, they suck. But when you honestly look at what DM did for that program, and then where it went from there it should be considered. (please, for the love of God, I am not trying to start some frank, BC agruement here dedhoarse )

Just a honest question Jayhawk. If Mangino left next year and some other coach came in and Ku started sucking again, would you say they crashed Ku's program??

Change that question to read "If Mangino went around telling his players, recruits, the AD and fans that he was going to be around a long time and he and his fishing buddies who he brought with him as coordinators, even though they had a history of failure throughout their careers had big plans for Kansas next year, all the time while sneaking around behind their backs negotiating with other schools for a job." would you say he was the worst, yellow bellied low-life coach ever in Kansas or Big 12 history? Hell...Chizek even left his pathetic fishing buddies out to dry. ISU didn't even want em! At least Callahan got fired (and rightfully so) and didn't take his pathetic record and performance on the field and use it as a springboard to get a head coaching job somewhere while abandoning his coaching staff, players and fans....

Chizek<Callahan

Here is a question that has troubled me for some time: Who is more likely to suffer a heart attack on the sidelines during a tough game: KU's Mark Mangino or Maryland's Ralph Friedgen?

My money is on Mangino, Friedgen recently lost like 80lbs. He said his goal is to get to 250lbs, I think that is another 50lbs.

No. Honestly, no. They would be not a good coach, but wrecking KU right now would be a lot easier than what BC did.

Also, please recognize in the last 25 years there are now a MILLION bowls, so even our back to back bowls isn't all that. Nebraska has a lot of inerta, it takes a bad pilot to derail them as much as was done, and it was a good thing that was halted before it went too far awry for too long.

If KU was good for another 15 years and one coach took us back to sucking, I would be bitter...

I was gonna say the same thing fro daddy. KU has only been ranked in the top 25 at the end of 9 seasons since 1890.

Either way, BC just sped up the process quite a bit. We are climbing back up now.

And that is why wrecking us, or Iowa State, is not like wrecking the Big Red.

I was gonna say the same thing fro daddy. KU has only been ranked in the top 25 at the end of 9 seasons since 1890.

Either way, BC just sped up the process quite a bit. We are climbing back up now.

And that is why wrecking us, or Iowa State, is not like wrecking the Big Red.

I am with you there jayhawk. I am pretty sure the majority of the fanbase took to self-medication in order to cope.