Nebraska & Kansas Battle For the North

What a picture. But Meier over all the other QB's in the north? I don't know, unless he has suddenly gotten more accurate over the past two years I would put him near the end of that list. Reesing is probably the best QB in the north but Meier being up there as well? I don't think so.

Whether you're a Husker fan or a Jayhawk fan, this is a good article. The Huskers get some love and of course my jayhawks do to.

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2009/jun/03/2...th-i-think-not/

However, I am a little upset that the guy didn't do more research on the Nebraska QB Battle....didn't Witt transfer to like Yale in March?

Do you honestly expect an intelligent, well-written and thoroughly researched article from a sports reporter in Kansas? He's probably like most Kansas fans...incapable of walking and chewing gum at the same time.

:box

(Just teasing ya JGS30.)

:laughpound

What do Lee, Witt, Thomas, Coffman, Hawkins and Hansen have in common? Given the choice, I’d take Meier to quarterback my team over any of them. Instead, Meier will catch Reesing’s perfect strikes. Advantage Kansas.

They won't be on their back as much as Reesing this year?

Although, for that to be true, you would probably have to take out Witt (I wasn't aware Witt was still battling for playing time at Nebraska after his departure...he must be REAL good), Thomas, Coffman, Hawkins, and Hansen.

What do Lee, Witt, Thomas, Coffman, Hawkins and Hansen have in common? Given the choice, I’d take Meier to quarterback my team over any of them. Instead, Meier will catch Reesing’s perfect strikes. Advantage Kansas.

Although, for that to be true, you would probably have to take out Witt (I wasn't aware Witt was still battling for playing time at Nebraska after his departure...he must be REAL good), Thomas, Coffman, Hawkins, and Hansen.

Keagan may have dropped the ball on the Witt comment, but I would take Meir over any of those guys listed!! Hawkins is garbage, and Coffman hasn't seen the field at KSU. With all do respect, what has Lee proven so far? He's only thrown 2 passes in his entrie career at Nebraska. Meir has at least won games as a QB for KU. Plus, the competition for starter was really close between Meir and Reesing, and we all know Reesing is the best QB in the North hands down.

I would feel really comfortable with Meir being my starting QB.

That article sucked, except for the fact that he acknowledged Nebraska is a leading contender for the North title. Did the author forget that football is a team sport, comprised of more players than just a qb? Seems like awful lot of writers/pundits have been forgetting that one important fact these days. Even if the qb was the greatest player in the world, he still only sees the field for half the game. What about KU's lack of defense, or is Reesing going to ensure they score so much, it won't even matter how many points the opposing team puts up?

Keagan may have dropped the ball on the Witt comment, but I would take Meir over any of those guys listed!! Hawkins is garbage, and Coffman hasn't seen the field at KSU. With all do respect, what has Lee proven so far? He's only thrown 2 passes in his entrie career at Nebraska. Meir has at least won games as a QB for KU. Plus, the competition for starter was really close between Meir and Reesing, and we all know Reesing is the best QB in the North hands down.

no we don't. right now he may be the best QB hands down, but after the first weekend of football that could be a very different story. NU and mu are goin to be breakin in new QBs and im positive Lee and Gabbert will be competitive, whether or not they or Reesing will be the best(hands down) is yet to be seen....

i would feel very comfortable with Meir as a QB too, but i still feel by the end of the year Lee'll have played much better than the writer gives him credit for

I don't understand why Jayhawkers are surprised, the schedule for you guys is difficult. I can see KU losing 5 of the last 7 fairly easy. Texas, Oklahoma and Texas Tech are all superior teams. You may nip NU, only because that is a home game, but I think our D-line will dominate once again. KSU is a wild card because it's hard to know what to expect with Snyder except a heapin' helpin' of Jucos. CU has a lot of talent if Hawkins can keep them healthy and coach them up. Mizzou is also a wild card, but could be better than KU at that stretch of the season, after KU has taken a pounding. Look for KU to be 7-5/6-6.

Instead, Meier will catch Reesing’s perfect strikes. Advantage Kansas.

I dunno about this. KU loses its interior O-line—center and both guards. The two starting tackles will both be sophs this year. Reesing might be striking the ground more often than throwing perfect strikes.

I don't understand why Jayhawkers are surprised, the schedule for you guys is difficult. I can see KU losing 5 of the last 7 fairly easy. Texas, Oklahoma and Texas Tech are all superior teams. You may nip NU, only because that is a home game, but I think our D-line will dominate once again. KSU is a wild card because it's hard to know what to expect with Snyder except a heapin' helpin' of Jucos. CU has a lot of talent if Hawkins can keep them healthy and coach them up. Mizzou is also a wild card, but could be better than KU at that stretch of the season, after KU has taken a pounding. Look for KU to be 7-5/6-6.

They do?? Last time I checked they went 5-7, lost their best receiver and don't have a legitmate starting QB. Where do you see the talent?

Whether you're a Husker fan or a Jayhawk fan, this is a good article. The Huskers get some love and of course my jayhawks do to.

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2009/jun/03/2...th-i-think-not/

However, I am a little upset that the guy didn't do more research on the Nebraska QB Battle....didn't Witt transfer to like Yale in March?

Yes Witt did transfer but he finished out the school year at Nebraska.

T_O_B

How can the author pretend to know anything about the Big 12 when he didn't even know that Patt Witt wasn't playing at Nebraska anymore. :facepalm: I didn't even finish that fluff after reading that whooper.

Well you may not have a choice if Suh runs roughshot over KU's O-line again this year!