It gets asked every year...but who do you really want to beat?

Missouri for me...I'm tired of losing to them.

KU...we let them win one, and I was okay with that because our team deserved to lose that game. Plus, it's KU...

CU...I hate more than MU, but I'm not too worried about them this year.

Same with KSU. Even when we were sucking under Callahan, we still beat KSU.

And ISU is ISU

In the South...it's a moral victory if can beat OU because it's been quite awhile since we've beat them. They are a good school and the team in the XII to beat this year, so if we can it'll put us on the right path.

TT...I go back and forth with them. Of course I want a win, but if we lost it wouldn't be the end of the world. I just won't expect a win against OU after that.

Baylor...is Baylor.

The significance of any one game is determined by a team's won-lost record when it faces a certain team and upon the stakes of the game. Sure, we would all like to beat that one team, whether that's VT, MU, TT, OU, CU, KSU, or KU, but if we lose a ton of other games, who really cares.

I'd like to see us beat OU this year but I don't think that'll happen but I think the team that I really want to beat this year is Kansas. I say Kansas because Kansas has most of their weapons returning on Offense that could possible help them win the North and we play in Kansas as well. Kansas put up a good fight with us in Lincoln and it should be another dog fight in Lawerence.

I'm not too worried about Mizzo because quite frankly they all of their top notch weapons. I think the game in Lincoln from last year still haunts players to this day and there will be some payback in Columbia this year. We haven't won in Columbia since 01' and we are due to win in Columbia this year.

KU...we let them win one, and I was okay with that because our team deserved to lose that game. Plus, it's KU...

And ISU is ISU

In the South...it's a moral victory if can beat OU because it's been quite awhile since we've beat them. They are a good school and the team in the XII to beat this year, so if we can it'll put us on the right path.

TT...I go back and forth with them. Of course I want a win, but if we lost it wouldn't be the end of the world. I just won't expect a win against OU after that.

Baylor...is Baylor.

This arrogance is laughable. Nebraska is a very respected program traditionally, and the majority of fans are good people from those that I've met. But if your chalking up a win b/c "Baylor...is Baylor", then you obviously don't look at any other depth chart in the conference than your own. You likely didn't read any preseason predictions, but your own.

This is an honest question, and I'm not asking this to be down play your team.... But how is the optimism so high when only 4 return on offense? Defense really didn't matter much last year against the Big 12's high-octane offense, although I think Nebraska will be one of the conferences best in 2009. NU lost their best receiving corp of all-time, they lost an experienced QB. Granted you have 3 returning O-linemen, which will help with the running game considerably, as well as help the development of your QB. Suh is also a manchild, and the defense will be impressive. Doesn't it concern you that your QB has only thrown 2 passes, and he's a junior? I'm not saying he doesn't have the talent. I just don't see Nebraska averaging more than 25 to 28 points a game this year. That would translate into a 6 to 7 win season in the Big 12.

I think NU can win the North, but it will be a competitive run. Baylor is ranked higher than CU in half the preseason rankings and mag's out there. Baylor is NOT...old Baylor anymore at all.

And ISU is ISU

Baylor...is Baylor.

This arrogance is laughable. Nebraska is a very respected program traditionally, and the majority of fans are good people from those that I've met. But if your chalking up a win b/c "Baylor...is Baylor", then you obviously don't look at any other depth chart in the conference than your own. You likely didn't read any preseason predictions, but your own.

This is an honest question, and I'm not asking this to be down play your team.... But how is the optimism so high when only 4 return on offense? Defense really didn't matter much last year against the Big 12's high-octane offense, although I think Nebraska will be one of the conferences best in 2009. NU lost their best receiving corp of all-time, they lost an experienced QB. Granted you have 3 returning O-linemen, which will help with the running game considerably, as well as help the development of your QB. Suh is also a manchild, and the defense will be impressive. Doesn't it concern you that your QB has only thrown 2 passes, and he's a junior? I'm not saying he doesn't have the talent. I just don't see Nebraska averaging more than 25 to 28 points a game this year. That would translate into a 6 to 7 win season in the Big 12.

I think NU can win the North, but it will be a competitive run. Baylor is ranked higher than CU in half the preseason rankings and mag's out there. Baylor is NOT...old Baylor anymore at all.

I would have to agree with Bear on this one. Baylor was scary in Lincoln last year and Griffin ran all over us in the first half but thank god to Bo's halftime adjustments we held Griffin to only 21-27 yds in the second half I believe. I was at that game and there were ALOT of Husker fans that were impressed by Griffin.............because he was only a freshman!!!!! Like Bear said I don't think Baylor will be good on defense at all but their Offense is something that we're going to have to watch out for especially Griffin.

Oh and Welcome to the board Bear.....I noticed that was your 2nd post on this board. I was rooting for you guys when you played against TT last year and nearly beat them too.

Thanks for the welcome. Many Bears see next years Nebraska game in Waco as the most important game of the year. It's very likely that Nebraska will be 6-1 going into Waco, and Baylor will be 5-2 (at the very worst, 4-3) . Your schedule after Baylor is an extremely tough one, as Kstate would be your only "gimme".

We'll likely be playing for bowl eligability that weekend, as well as looking for a ranking in the top 25 for the first time in 15 years. That game will be one of the few nationally televised games for Baylor, and it will be drawing a near sell out crowd for the first time in a while.

We normally only get close to a sell out for A&M, but almost drew a sell out crowd against NU in 2005. This game is circled big time, which is why I've been crashing your board to get an idea of how good your team might be.

Virginia Tech.

We *gave* them the win last year—just freakin gave it away to them. We might not see the Hokies for a while after this season, so we better not screw around and drop another one to them.

:yeah I can't stand their cocky QB Tyrod Taylor. After watching him showboating in the Orange Bowl, I want Suh and the boys to plant his face in the turf.

Of course Mizzou has some bigtime payback comming their way.

Virginia Tech.

We *gave* them the win last year—just freakin gave it away to them. We might not see the Hokies for a while after this season, so we better not screw around and drop another one to them.

:yeah I can't stand their cocky QB Tyrod Taylor. After watching him showboating in the Orange Bowl, I want Suh and the boys to plant his face in the turf.

Orange Bowl?? Ohhhh...your talking about last year's game. Cause KU had him on his back most of the night in 2007. :clap

Virginia Tech.

Orange Bowl?? Ohhhh...your talking about last year's game. Cause KU had him on his back most of the night in 2007. :clap

LOL. He looked scared that night.

Virginia Tech.

Did you guys see that jerk posing with one hand behind his helmet, and the other sticking the football out as he ran in the endzone. I hate that crap, and thats why they are at the top of my list. Also, it would give us huge confidence before we whip you're sorry jayhawk butt's later in the season :box

Virginia Tech.

Did you guys see that jerk posing with one hand behind his helmet, and the other sticking the football out as he ran in the endzone. I hate that crap, and thats why they are at the top of my list. Also, it would give us huge confidence before we whip you're sorry jayhawk butt's later in the season :box

So Tyrod is a jerk because he was showing off in the Orange Bowl? I can think of lots of jerks on various teams if that is the criteria. I'm sure he looks forward to NU visiting Lane Stadium to show you his jerky side again. He has never lost a game there! :)