Baker Steinkuhler..?

Just curious as to how he has been developing in the program. I know it's only been a year..but I was hoping to see him make some type of impact pretty soon after he began play.

Well considering the fact that he redshirted last year and hasn't played a single snap in his college career thus far...

I'm sorry...I don't mean to be rude but what exactly are you saying here?

:wtf

Just curious as to how he has been developing in the program. I know it's only been a year..but I was hoping to see him make some type of impact pretty soon after he began play.

Well considering the fact that he redshirted last year and hasn't played a single snap in his college career thus far...

Maybe he meant as far as practice goes. Picking up the schemes and such.. Easy Jen!!

Considering Baker's talent level (best-rated overall player among our past several recruiting classes) and the fact that all indication is that he is physically ready for this level, I'm really excited to see what he will be like by the second half of the season. I know no one expects him to be a superstar right out of the gate (he probably won't even start right away), but after 5-6 games of crucial experience switching with Crick, opposing O-lines might be in a lot of trouble for the final stretch of the season (especially if Turner can return to pre-injury form).

I am well aware that he has not played a snap...MOST players tack on weight, gain speed, and either get the schemes or not....I just was hoping to get some insight of how well he developed over the off season and the spring...

I am well aware that he has not played a snap...MOST players tack on weight, gain speed, and either get the schemes or not....I just was hoping to get some insight of how well he developed over the off season and the spring...

Well he pushed hard this past Spring to try and beat out Crick to start along side Suh. Crick is the leader right now to be the other DT, mostly because Crick worked his a$$ off and is becoming a special player in his own right. What is encouraging is that the coaches are very high on Baker and to be in the 2 Deep as a RFr. speaks to his ability. Supposedly the competition between Crick, Baker, and Moore was tight, which is a great sign for us fans. There is real talent ready to take over after Suh leaves.

From what I've heard from my uncles (two who live in Omaha) during the season last year that Baker was a stud in practice and that the O-line had a hard time blocking him and that he was ready to get some playing time but never got in because of the talent that we already had and because he was a redshirt as well. Whether this is true or not its just what I've heard.

From what I've heard from my uncles (two who live in Omaha) during the season last year that Baker was a stud in practice and that the O-line had a hard time blocking him and that he was ready to get some playing time but never got in because of the talent that we already had and because he was a redshirt as well. Whether this is true or not its just what I've heard.

Yep that is the prevailing talk about Baker last year, the Gator Bowl practices especially were good for Baker. Early on last year he had an illness or something and lost some weight and couldn't practice very hard. Once he got healthy late in the year he became a monster in practice. Like I said earlier though, he is currently behind Crick on the 2-Deep because Crick is becoming a monster in his own right. The ceiling is higher on Baker though so he should have a good RFr. year this season and start to break out in 2011.

Decaf tastes just as good as regular, you know. ;)

:yeah

I think someone needs to take it down a few notches.

Baker did have some type of illness when he came into last summer for preseason camp. He had lost some weight with that. Then I believe he battled an ankle or muscle pull for a couple of weeks during the season. Once he did get healthy and his weight back up he was a beast in practice as caveman stated and by that point the coached thought best to redshirt Baker and have four (hopefully) solid seasons with him.

I think Baker will play a ton of snaps this year and be a force.

Baker did have some type of illness when he came into last summer for preseason camp. He had lost some weight with that. Then I believe he battled an ankle or muscle pull for a couple of weeks during the season. Once he did get healthy and his weight back up he was a beast in practice as caveman stated and by that point the coached thought best to redshirt Baker and have four (hopefully) solid seasons with him.

I think Baker will play a ton of snaps this year and be a force.

Baker still has not put all his weight back on. He's close though. Kid is still a beast and will be killin' folks once he gets the proper weight on his frame.

Whoooaaa talking about coming in guns blazing :box the man simply asked a question... <_<