OT Denton Simek

1. Mitchell's greyshirt opens the door for this kid.

2. Look for Barney to tell him the offer still stands.

3. With that said I believe that Simek will be N upon us reaffirming this offer.

Part three is a conlcusion based on critical thinking. I dont believe that we asked Mitchell to greyshirt in vein. He did it for a reason. With that said If part two is the case which I believe is look for him to commit.

(had to make sure nobody was going to jump down my throat)

Ya, I don't get that part on this board. C'mon people, we are on the same team!

Appreciate your input always EZ!

SheepdogMark

That was more directed at a certain one or two. :)

1. Mitchell's greyshirt opens the door for this kid.

2. Look for Barney to tell him the offer still stands.

3. With that said I believe that Simek will be N upon us reaffirming this offer.

Part three is a conlcusion based on critical thinking. I dont believe that we asked Mitchell to greyshirt in vein. He did it for a reason. With that said If part two is the case which I believe is look for him to commit.

Yeah, after thinking about why the staff would need to ask Joshua to Greyshirt when it looked like 20 was the new number I started to wonder also. This makes a lot of sense. I think it also may point to NU getting, wait for it, Carnes and/or Colter, Cooper (sounds like a lock today), AND Simek. I would LOVE this. It also may be a sign that they are ready to take a commit from Owa as well. Hmmm the possibilities.....

• 2 weeks later...

So did we move on from Simek? Looking at his rivals profile it says he's a solid verbal to TT but then Miss St is "medium" interest and NU and all of the others are at "none". Maybe the coaches are just holding the spots for a qb, Cooper and Owa and if they don't get those three they'll move on to next year.

So did we move on from Simek? Looking at his rivals profile it says he's a solid verbal to TT but then Miss St is "medium" interest and NU and all of the others are at "none". Maybe the coaches are just holding the spots for a qb, Cooper and Owa and if they don't get those three they'll move on to next year.

I don't think Rivals has updated his profile page since the Leach firing, so that might be why? :dunno

This one is puzzling. With Fulton re-committing, you'd think that the staff would be on Simek hard. However I do recall some of the quotes from a couple of weeks ago when Simek came back into the picture, Denton mentioned that Barney was going to go back and talk with Bo and see if they would have a spot for him or not. Makes you think that they are holding out for Owa, Cooper, and Carnes/Godfrey. If either Carnes or Godfrey don't commit, then I could see the staff pushing hard for Simek. Issue is that I think it will be too late at that point. I could be wrong and they could have a spot for him and are now trying to get him to come on board, just not hearing any chatter.

If we decide not to take a QB or Owa/Cooper dont work out I see us taking this kid.

I am not sure Denton will wait on NU.

Those would be my thoughts as well if I were him. I'd call up Mike Gundy and see if he has room. But he might tell you no because "I'm a man. Im 40!!"

If we decide not to take a QB or Owa/Cooper dont work out I see us taking this kid.

I wouldn't mind taking another offensive lineman.....we need all the help we can get. If we don't get a QB this year it'll be ok because Turner is ours to lose for next years class. I still was Owa though