Nebraska Championship Potential

Well im saying that the days of seeing Miami, FSU, Florida, Georgia, Virgina Tech making a run for it seems to have been limited for the past few years, leaving teams such as Texas, Oklahoma, and lets not forget a few years Kansas looked good for a NC title, but lost their chance at the end of the season (cant remember who they lost to).

Well im saying that the days of seeing Miami, FSU, Florida, Georgia, Virgina Tech making a run for it seems to have been limited for the past few years, leaving teams such as Texas, Oklahoma, and lets not forget a few years Kansas looked good for a NC title, but lost their chance at the end of the season (cant remember who they lost to).

missouri

My Guess is Oklahoma/Texas vs Florida with Florida being the NC.

Neither Stoops or Mac seem to do well in really Big games. Meyer seems to thrive in them.

For all the great things Meyer has done, I'm just not sure how he'll stack up to Saban at Bama. Let's face it, Meyer has been riding a bull while Saban has been on a castarated steer. What Meyer inherited was 10 fold better than scandle after scandle probation ridden Bama that Saban inherited. Florida may make the NC and win it this year, but if Saban hangs around Bama long I believe he will dethrone Meyer. Once upon a time, Pete Carroll seemed to be invincible just like Bob Stoops did. Other guys figured them out.

My Guess is Oklahoma/Texas vs Florida with Florida being the NC.

Neither Stoops or Mac seem to do well in really Big games. Meyer seems to thrive in them.

For all the great things Meyer has done, I'm just not sure how he'll stack up to Saban at Bama. Let's face it, Meyer has been riding a bull while Saban has been on a castarated steer. What Meyer inherited was 10 fold better than scandle after scandle probation ridden Bama that Saban inherited. Florida may make the NC and win it this year, but if Saban hangs around Bama long I believe he will dethrone Meyer. Once upon a time, Pete Carroll seemed to be invincible just like Bob Stoops did. Other guys figured them out.

USC has 9 guys back on offense, including entire OL and 8 guys that played, unlimited RBs, 2nd best TE in McCoy to Gresham, 2nd best WR in Williams to Bryant, a redshirt sophomore QB with mobility and BRAINS, the nations best secondary, claims to have a GREAT DL per spring ball scouting and 3 super talented LBs that waited their time behind 4 NFLers, Malcolm Smith (6), Chris Galipo (54) and Mike Morgan (17) were all 4-5 star recruits and Galipo was #1 MLB. Their team is loaded and they can go on the road and POUND OSU again!!! Buckeyes could not do it with Wells, Laurenitis and the CB guy, they won't do it this year either!!! USC wins a MNC with a dual threat QB!!!

I'd say their last two QB's to lead them to the promised land were busts. Booty never really did strike me as the next greatest thing. In walks Sanchez and basically hands Oregon State the game. I saw a game they won, but he had 5 turnovers. All their LB's are gone, and they're breaking in a new QB. I realize they're loaded as they always are, but are they anymore loaded than OU, Texas, LSU, Florida, etc.? No! What do those teams have that USC doesn't? An experienced QB.

I'd say their last two QB's to lead them to the promised land were busts. Booty never really did strike me as the next greatest thing. In walks Sanchez and basically hands Oregon State the game. I saw a game they won, but he had 5 turnovers. All their LB's are gone, and they're breaking in a new QB. I realize they're loaded as they always are, but are they anymore loaded than OU, Texas, LSU, Florida, etc.? No! What do those teams have that USC doesn't? An experienced QB.

Nevermind the 176 yards rushing and 2 TDs put up on USC's D by one Jacquizz Rodgers...

I wouldn't say they were busts, but I sure as hell got sick of hearing "John David Booty". God that irritated me more than anything on earth his last year. I guess they didn't want to keep saying just the word, 'Booty' all the time on tv, as if we might not know it was the QB. Something about having to say all 3 parts to someone's name is just overly irritating to me and I'm not really sure why. Of course, I also hate it just as much when people overly shorten and hyphenate a name, too. (Tay-Mart is an unacceptable form of Taylor Martinez in my eyes).

Wait, how the heck did I get so off topic? Sorry, I got sidetracked on pet peeves.

Back to potential championship talk.

I have season tickets to SC this year. I am anxious to see the Oregon State game.

There is not another team that has the talent of SC period. But for some reason they always lay that egg that kills them.

Meyer, just seems to get it and is able to win the ones he needs to.

I have never been a fan of Stoops. He won because of what Blake left. He folds in every big game it seems to me. His teams have embarassed the Big 12 way more than impressed.

Utah killed Alabama, who on paper has way better talent than Utah. I really am not that impressed with Saben to be honest. We will see down the road how he does, but my guess he will be off to somewhere else just when they start to depend on him.

Us winning championships is possible, but we are no where near that level of team as far as I am concerned. If anything happens to Suh we will see how good our defense is. A very inesperienced QB is not the way to start talking BCS Championships. I think next year we will start to see the movement, but I honestly think we will be hard pressed to get there this year.

I want to see how the first three games are played, and then VaTech. We will know what we have after that is my guess. Pretty much just like it was last year. I would not be surprised to see some very close games to start off with.

But I think the attitude will be championship level from every player on the field. We have not had that attitdue for a long time. If the play matches their belief in the system, anything can happen.