Niles Paul Plea Bargains

He reached a plea bargain that is pretty common for DUIs. A friend of mine got almost the exact same thing (minus the driving on a suspended license), so this isn't a case of "OMG teh Football team gets away wit EVERYTHING!!!1111!. Just sayin. And blowing a .086 is barely over the limit so the prosecutor was probably much more likely to bargain this.

The test is very inacurate at times. I wrote a paper in college on this issue. After some research, I found a few facts that supprised me.

Lets say, you were 6 ft tall and weighed 250 lbs and drank 2 beers in a half an hour. You drank the last beer and had to leave directly after that beer. Your breath test would show you being above the legal limit. If you just drank it, it is still in your lungs at a high level. That does not mean you are drunk, it just means the beer has not settled yet. It may take another 15 - 30 min for that to happen. Once it levels out you would barely register on the test.

So, yes these tests can be very inacurate, depending on the circumstances. When you are that close, it may not hold up in court any way.

Just food for thought. :blink:

The test is very inacurate at times. I wrote a paper in college on this issue. After some research, I found a few facts that supprised me.

Lets say, you were 6 ft tall and weighed 250 lbs and drank 2 beers in a half an hour. You drank the last beer and had to leave directly after that beer. Your breath test would show you being above the legal limit. If you just drank it, it is still in your lungs at a high level. That does not mean you are drunk, it just means the beer has not settled yet. It may take another 15 - 30 min for that to happen. Once it levels out you would barely register on the test.

So, yes these tests can be very inacurate, depending on the circumstances. When you are that close, it may not hold up in court any way.

Just food for thought. :blink:

I've never understood how a "breath test" could determine how much alcohol you have in your system. Who the hell breathes their alcohol anyway??