Watching ASU vs. Nub from 1996

For God's sake get some skin, men.

Dude can say "Nub" all he wants.

And bring up painful losses.

And point out when Tom Osborne got outcoached because it happened. More than once.

And yes, Nebraska fans have been known to visit other team sites and do a little tweaking.

He's totally within bounds.

At least on the kind of football site I like to visit.

And point out when Tom Osborne got outcoached because it happened. More than once.

And yes, Nebraska fans have been known to visit other team sites and do a little tweaking.

so it's ok if i go to jayhawk site and use the term squak or red legs? or go to a mizzery site and say slaver?

Lot's of coaches get out coached, as far as being someone's B, TO had an incredible record against a lot of coaches/teams for 25 years, and I believe only played Texas once. Not only that but how long did it take for Texas to become relavent again after Daryl Royal left?

Sorry about jumpin' at you man, but TO was not only a great coach but a greater man.

T_O_B

:)

What was his record against OU and Switzer? 5-12 maybe? What was his record against Bobby Bowden? 2-6 maybe? Or, how about Jimmy Johnson? 0-3 maybe? Or, maybe we should go West coast. How about Don James when he coached at Washington? 0-2 maybe?

A lot of people forget what most of the 70's and 80's were about with regards to NU football. For the most part, we beat who we were supposed to beat and we lost to teams with similar talent as our own. TO used to be compared to Dan Reeves out in this end of the state. The old joke used to be what's the difference between TO (or Dan Reeves) and cheerios? Cheerios belong in a bowl, hence the losing record to Jimmy Johnson and Bowden. For a large chunk of TO's career, he laid an egg or two about every year. He is a great man, and he was a great coach. However, last I checked he doesn't walk on water. Looking at his record against a few coaches, I'd say Switzer, Jimmy, and Bowden took TO behind the woodshed.

so it's ok if i go to jayhawk site and use the term squak or red legs? or go to a mizzery site and say slaver?

Depends on what kind of d******d you want to be. But if "Nub" sets you off, you are definitely taking yourself and your football team too seriously.

Depends on what kind of d******d you want to be. But if "Nub" sets you off, you are definitely taking yourself and your football team too seriously.

There's a kind of person who allows someone to mock them to their face and there's a kind of person who doesn't. I'm the kind of person who's going to stand up to that kind of behavior. If you're not, fine, but don't get bent if some here take exception to it.

There's a kind of person who allows someone to mock them to their face and there's a kind of person who doesn't. I'm the kind of person who's going to stand up to that kind of behavior. If you're not, fine, but don't get bent if some here take exception to it.

Knock yourself out, Knapplc.

But if you're looking for how a Husker fan with a grip on reality handles a (mild) heckling, look at everyone else on this thread who isn't you and Vuren.

I watched this last night as well....sitting in a hotel room in Bloomington, IN. We couldn't do a damn thing in that game....too bad. They were a dang good team back then. I heard Pat Tillman's name all over that game...

I noticed on the OL, Treu was absolutely owned by #58 all game. So was #93 on the DL. Wasn't that Tomich? I thought he was a SR in '95.

I knew we were beaten with about 5 minutes left so I had time to simmer down. Green was going to walk in on the last drive, until that fumble that Tillman recovered to preserve the goose egg.

Keep in mind about this game: Frost did not have the angles down on the option yet. He was always taking it too wide. ASU went undefeated that year until a thriller in the Rose Bowl v. Ohio St, so it's not like they were a slouch team. And... I'm going to mention it here... Farley was freshly suspended for this game. I'm not saying we would've won with him in there, but it probably would've been closer. Dude was just an outright playmaker.