Watching ASU vs. Nub from 1996

That safety and our poor line play was caused by the crowd. I was there and they were rabid after imbibing all day for the night game.

If you watched the replay last night you'll notice our OL was slow off the line...it was because it was so loud they complained about not hearing the snap count and had to go on motion from the center.

It was NOT a fun road trip...especially walking back to the car after the game.

Interesting note: we had breakfast in a quiet neighborhood restaurant the next morning near the PHX - Scottsdale line and in walks coach Bruce Snyder and he was unnoticed by the crowd. If that had been Lincoln and Osborne or any coach walks in the morning after a huge upset the place would rock.

11-2 and a fumble away from playing in our 4th straight NC.

Seriously, how awesome were the 90's for you. To bad ksu claims a DoD for dominating KU, when the skers were dominating the entire country. Who was the other loss to?

Texas.

HUGE upset vs a team the Skers did not respect! Took out vengence in 97 on ATM.

The option just wasn't clicking on that night. Our D certainly played well enough, but Scott didn't have the feel of when to keep and when to pitch. Then there were the fumble problems for Green. It seemed like we had a recurring problem with fumbles in the late 90s. Seems like I can remember coaches talking about how they didn't want to over-stress ball security only to have that lead to tentative running by our backs.

They show this game every year out here..and call it their most important win..ever.

It was the last game I saw in person..confirmed that I should never go to one of our games again..We'd lost the last four or five I attended..

Seems like I remember hearing our entire two deep Offensive Line had food poisoning from the place they were staying..or something..We might have even started bringing our own bottled water to away games after that.

Jake Plummer quipped after the game: that the "N"s on our helmets stood for Ninteen ta Nuthin'

Pat Tillman had a great game.

DIb7zW_okto

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/60-minut...lman/4275734356

They show this game every year out here..and call it their most important win..ever.

It was the last game I saw in person..confirmed that I should never go to one of our games again..We'd lost the last four or five I attended..

Seems like I remember hearing our entire two deep Offensive Line had food poisoning from the place they were staying..or something..We might have even started bringing our own bottled water to away games after that.

Jake Plummer quipped after the game: that the "N"s on our helmets stood for Ninteen ta Nuthin'

Pat Tillman had a great game.

DIb7zW_okto

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/60-minut...lman/4275734356

jake plummer the consumate jackass.

We got whupped.

It happens.

Jake the Snake had a great game.

So what? It happens.

As far as TO being someone's b?

Let't go to the woodshed and talk about it.

T_O_B

:bonez:bonez:bonez

Say what you will, but TO got outcoached terribly in the 1996 Big 12 Championship game. We played well enough to win the game, but Mackovic had TO's number. The 4th down conversion Texas had was inexcusable. I'm beginning to think it's just a Texas thing. How many times have we even beaten them in the past 20 years?

Lot's of coaches get out coached, as far as being someone's B, TO had an incredible record against a lot of coaches/teams for 25 years, and I believe only played Texas once. Not only that but how long did it take for Texas to become relavent again after Daryl Royal left?

Sorry about jumpin' at you man, but TO was not only a great coach but a greater man.

T_O_B

:)