Visitors for July 31

Marquise Hill, so i assume he'll be there

your assumption would be correct.

Also visiting Arkansas - and he has a connection to Arkansas - Ronnie Wingo Jr. is his cousin.

From today's Arkasnsas Democrat Gazette:

THE RECRUITING GUY: St. Louis speedster visiting Fayetteville to find facts

By Richard Davenport

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

LITTLE ROCK — St. Louis Trinity Catholic all-purpose back Marquise Hill is orally committed to Missouri, but he’s willing to give Arkansas a long look.

Hill, one of Missouri’s top prospects and a recruiting target for the Razorbacks, will visit Arkansas, along with his mother, on Thursday.

Hill, 6-1, 175, 4.45 speed in the 40-yard dash, has scholarship offers from Arkansas, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Michigan State, Missouri, Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa, UCLA, Minnesota and others.

Arkansas recruiting coordinator Tim Horton and Hill talked early last week.

“He was letting me know that I’m wanted at Arkansas,” Hill said.

Hill said he wants to find out more about the city of Fayetteville.

“I want to meet not only the coaches but the people,” said Hill, who committed to Missouri earlier in the year. “I live in St. Louis, and it can get hectic down here sometimes. I know it can be hectic everywhere, but I want to go to a better place not just for school but for quality of life.”

Hill had more than 1,300 allpurpose yards as a running back and receiver last year. He’s also a standout in track and has recorded bests of 10.75 seconds in the 100 meters and 21.83 in the 200.

Playing in the SEC is a plus for the Razorbacks.

“You get to play against the best,” said Hill, who reports a 36-inch vertical leap. “That’s the good thing about Arkansas.”

Hill’s cousin, running back Ronnie Wingo Jr., signed with the Razorbacks in February and is currently on campus. Hill wants to know Arkansas will be the right fit for him.

“Not just because that Ronnie is there but because that Marquise Hill can also come in and make a name for himself at Arkansas.” he said. “I told my mom that if I feel like I’m at point that I feel like I fit in there, then I feel like it’s a competition between Mizzou and Arkansas. If the head coach tells me I can fit into his system, then to me, that says it all because there’s been so many great players go through Arkansas. If he tells me face-toface that I would fit in, then I can do nothing but believe it.”

Hill said he’s talked to Wingo a few times.

“Probably every other day since he’s been down there,” he said. “I asked him if I would fit in. He didn’t really tell me, he said you have to see for yourself.”

Hill said Arkansas is recruiting him as a receiver or cornerback.

“I think visiting the 16th will finalize which position I’ll be recruited for,” said Hill, who hopes to also make visits to Minnesota and Michigan State.

Here is the list of visitors as of today:

Chance Carter (visiting soon after Stanford on the 24th but no confirmed date.)

Curtis Carter (has other visit scheduled close to that date so unsure if he can make it.)

Ciante Evans (confirmed)

Tyler Gabbert (confirmed)

Will Hampton (confirmed)(soft to Stanford)

Marquise Hill (confirmed)

Ryne Reeves (confirmed)

Andrew Rodriquez (confirmed)

Donovan Vestal (confirmed)

Jacob Welter (confirmed)

Diamonte Wheeler (confirmed)

Other -

Bobby Swiger (visiting the weekend before)

Here is the list of visitors as of today:

Chance Carter (visiting soon after Stanford on the 24th but no confirmed date.)

Curtis Carter (has other visit scheduled close to that date so unsure if he can make it.)

Ciante Evans (confirmed)

Tyler Gabbert (confirmed)

Will Hampton (confirmed)(soft to Stanford)

Marquise Hill (confirmed)

Ryne Reeves (confirmed)

Andrew Rodriquez (confirmed)

Donovan Vestal (confirmed)

Jacob Welter (confirmed)

Diamonte Wheeler (confirmed)

Other -

Bobby Swiger (visiting the weekend before)

That's a lot of linemen.