Visitors for July 31

Haha that will never ever happen at NU...I don't care if we win 5 NC's in a row we just don't have the glamour florida does to make people want to come visit. No other school in the nation has that many kids come in. Not Texas, USC, Ohio State, LSU, nobody that's freakin unbelievable.

I hope after 5 NCs we could get this level of talent, but you are probably right. this would be hard to do by anyone. i'm curious is it UF or Meyer? UF was never like this under Zook or Spurrier, or maybe it is because Miami and FSU are down?

I don't think he's saying we won't get the talent.. because we'd get it.. I think just the fact that THAT many kids go there for a visit.. We'd get the kids we want.. Not just kids that show interest in us.. I mean, honestly, where would you rather go for vacation.. Lincoln or Gainesville?

Haha that will never ever happen at NU...I don't care if we win 5 NC's in a row we just don't have the glamour florida does to make people want to come visit. No other school in the nation has that many kids come in. Not Texas, USC, Ohio State, LSU, nobody that's freakin unbelievable.

I hope after 5 NCs we could get this level of talent, but you are probably right. this would be hard to do by anyone. i'm curious is it UF or Meyer? UF was never like this under Zook or Spurrier, or maybe it is because Miami and FSU are down?

I don't think he's saying we won't get the talent.. because we'd get it.. I think just the fact that THAT many kids go there for a visit.. We'd get the kids we want.. Not just kids that show interest in us.. I mean, honestly, where would you rather go for vacation.. Lincoln or Gainesville?

Have you ever been to Gainesville? It's not exactly South Beach! Of course if you put it up against Lincoln then yeah, most Florida and Cali cities will look like paradise.

Fortunately for NU there are still kids out there who's number one priority is football, not babes or booze.

Besides, there is plenty of time for that after football!

Have you ever been to Gainesville? It's not exactly South Beach! Of course if you put it up against Lincoln then yeah, most Florida and Cali cities will look like paradise.

Fortunately for NU there are still kids out there who's number one priority is football, not babes or booze.

Besides, there is plenty of time for that after football!

To Gainesville no.. For the most part any major campus is going to be pretty nice, Lincoln included.. IMO its more about whats around.. Beaches or KC? What does a 17-18 year old choose? lol but I agree there are some kids that still go to school for football and education.. not just how many long legged sluts they can bang.

Not good news on the Junior-Day front:

Damon Williams and Will Hampton won't be able to attend to due parental inability to get off work. Officials are planned during the season.

Curtis Carter is skipping it but at-least is also skipping OU's camp. Will take an official during the season.

Chance Carter isn't coming, no other info.

Damon Williams and Will Hampton won't be able to attend to due parental inability to get off work. Officials are planned during the season.

Curtis Carter is skipping it but at-least is also skipping OU's camp. Will take an official during the season.

Are we moving on from Carter? I heard on 1620 a while back that the coaches hadn't taken a visit to his school during the eval period.

Are we moving on from Carter? I heard on 1620 a while back that the coaches hadn't taken a visit to his school during the eval period.

I assume you mean Chance... I hope we aren't backing off either of them. Chance looks to be one of the best DE prospects left on our board.

• 2 weeks later...

Will Hampton drops Stanford, now considering Notre Dame, Northwestern

Cypress Creek (Houston) defensive tackle Will Hampton has decommitted from Stanford, ESPN affiliate Web site IrishSportsDaily.com reports.

"From here, I just continue my recruiting process with Notre Dame and Northwestern, those are my final two schools. Right now, I'm leaning towards Notre Dame, and hopefully they'll offer me."

Nebraska, Baylor, Texas Tech, Wake Forest, Colorado, Iowa State, Duke, Colorado State and TCU have also offered Hampton.