S/RB Ricky Thenarse

Ok I am confused...I thought ricky committed recently.  Scout, of course, doesn't have him listed as a commit as rivals does...although I do not trust scout over other places, they are still talking about wether or not he or isn't solid on his commit to NU...anyone?

He is solid. His mom likes his decision and Ricky has no second thoughts about it that i know of

damn scout! always get me second thinking about commits...and the people over there are even condused by them as well. Here is a quote from one of their members..."I'm hearing his mom wants him to go to Fresno State, I think is is not going to be a husker"...exact opposite of you nameless, lol. I was under the impression of what you told me before I read that so thats why I bring question...I tend to trust you a lot more nameless!

damn scout! always get me second thinking about commits...and the people over there are even condused by them as well. Here is a quote from one of their members..."I'm hearing his mom wants him to go to Fresno State, I think is is not going to be a husker"...exact opposite of you nameless, lol. I was under the impression of what you told me before I read that so thats why I bring question...I tend to trust you a lot more nameless!

His mom wanted him to go out of state since he began his recruitment and now all of a sudden when he commits, she changes her tone to wanting him to go to Fresno St? I don't buy it. That's just my opinion, but it's pointless anyways. As i said earlier, untill he steps on campus and shows he actually qualified, i don't look at him as a solid commit yet. The ONLY thing i can think of that would make his mom switch all of a sudden her tone would be Ricky not making the grades to get into NU. We have less then 2 weeks to go before LOI. We will see what happens

His mom has been known to want him at Fresno for sometime.

Fresno is hours area from the neighborhood he is in. She wants him close to home, just away from the gang neighborhood he currently lives in.

Yes that's true. It houses one of the largest gangs in America. Surenos and Nortenos who have a very bad history between the 2 of them over Surenos stealing a large cocaine shippment from Nortenos

Surenos and Nortenos who have a very bad history between the 2 of them over Surenos stealing a large cocaine shippment from Nortenos

Thank god for middle America. The worse thing I have to put up with here are goat ropers and Hillbillies. Oh..... I almost forgot the absolute worse...... OU fans.

Surenos and Nortenos who have a very bad history between the 2 of them over Surenos stealing a large cocaine shippment from Nortenos

Thank god for middle America. The worse thing I have to put up with here are goat ropers and Hillbillies. Oh..... I almost forgot the absolute worse...... OU fans.

Fing hillbillies :restore2

His neighborhood is what kept him from being HIGHLY recruited by almost everyone in the country.

Very few coaches came to visit Ricky at his school because of the gang problems. One of the few was our very own Bill Busch and Thenarse respected Busch for the respect he showed him by coming into his neighborhood to pursue him.

I can't imagine what was going through Busch's mind. A white male clad in Nebraska gear, more than likely pulling up in his rental car in a gang neighborhood. He has more guts than I do, I will admit.

But in the end, it paid off for us thanks to recruiting efforts like that.

From my understanding, Ricky's neighborhood isn't that bad. Not saying that there aren't gangs where he lives, but what amazes me is the location of where the USC campus is located in particular, right on the outskirts between Crip territory and the 18th street gang which is a branchoff of the Surenos gang i mentioned earlier. It's amazing how bad L.A is after watching the documentary "Hood to Hood" which came out last year. I recommend everyone to see that DVD and ask themselves "and kids are going to school (USC) in that kinda neighborhood"?