NU isn't "back"yet

"The Cornhuskers have an inexperienced quarterback, lost just as much as Missouri on offense, don’t have a running back of the caliber of MU’s Derrick Washington."

He's right. We don't have A running back the caliber of Derrick Washington. We have TWO running backs the caliber of Derrick Washington.

And I think JUCO qb experience is more relevant than high school qb experience.

"The Cornhuskers have an inexperienced quarterback, lost just as much as Missouri on offense, don’t have a running back of the caliber of MU’s Derrick Washington."

He's right. We don't have A running back the caliber of Derrick Washington. We have TWO running backs the caliber of Derrick Washington.

As much as I love Ganz and Swift, they're on the same level as Booger and Maclin? Not to mention Coffman? C'mon. That was pretty ignorant of him to say, IMO.

As much as I love Ganz and Swift, they're on the same level as Booger and Maclin? Not to mention Coffman? C'mon. That was pretty ignorant of him to say, IMO.

And yet with all that talent Missouri had last year - Sulak, Moore, Hood, Coffman, Maclin, Daniel - the best they could do was lose to Kansas, TIE in the Big 12 North, get blown out in the Big 12 Championship, and barely win their bowl game against Northwestern.

And yet with all that talent Missouri had last year - Sulak, Moore, Hood, Coffman, Maclin, Daniel - the best they could do was lose to Kansas, TIE in the Big 12 North, get blown out in the Big 12 Championship, and barely win their bowl game against Northwestern.

While that's all true, that doesn't negate Josh's point that Ganz, Swift and Peterson were not on the same level as Missouri's Daniel, Maclin and Coffman. I wouldn't trade our guys for theirs, but they were more talented.

The fact that they don't know what to do with the talent they had bodes well for us this year. Pinkel is notorious for bungling the talent he has - it's just that he had more talented players than ever before last year. And still, what did he do with it? Missouri's "best team ever" did just what you said, "...lose to Kansas, TIE in the Big 12 North, get blown out in the Big 12 Championship, and barely win their bowl game against Northwestern."

Pretty sad, huh? :clap

While that's all true, that doesn't negate Josh's point that Ganz, Swift and Peterson were not on the same level as Missouri's Daniel, Maclin and Coffman. I wouldn't trade our guys for theirs, but they were more talented.

Yep. Not exactly the point I was trying to make though...

The fact that they don't know what to do with the talent they had bodes well for us this year. Pinkel is notorious for bungling the talent he has - it's just that he had more talented players than ever before last year. And still, what did he do with it? Missouri's "best team ever" did just what you said, "...lose to Kansas, TIE in the Big 12 North, get blown out in the Big 12 Championship, and barely win their bowl game against Northwestern."

Pretty sad, huh? :clap

This was what I was hinting at.

Fail!

I'll buy Helu, very little deference between the two besides Washington scoring 10 more TD's. But Castille, no way. Everyone here knows he is not on the same level as Helu, and therefore isnt on the same level as Washington.

Truth of the matter is that you guys pimp Helu like he is the best back in the conference. So as far as I am concerned if Helu had Washington's stats, and had put up those numbers with a torn miniscus in his knee for 3/4 of the year like Washington did, then you guys would never shut up about how talented he was. However you take every opportunity to try and strike down a pretty darn talented player just because he plays for another team.... :rolleyes:

Fail!

I'll buy Helu, very little deference between the two besides Washington scoring 10 more TD's. But Castille, no way. Everyone here knows he is not on the same level as Helu, and therefore isnt on the same level as Washington.

Truth of the matter is that you guys pimp Helu like he is the best back in the conference. So as far as I am concerned if Helu had Washington's stats, and had put up those numbers with a torn miniscus in his knee for 3/4 of the year like Washington did, then you guys would never shut up about how talent he was. However you take every opportunity to try and strike down a pretty darn talented player just because he plays for another team.... :rolleyes:

Aren't you doing the same thing to Q that you claim we're doing to Washington?

I'm not sure if you watched the NU/Clemson bowl game, but Castille excelled in the game while Helu struggled. Each has their strength, and both are very good backs. You're knocking Castille because we have depth at RB, not because he's a lesser RB.