Is everyone buying in the Baylor Hype?

Just looking to get everyone's thoughts on our game in Waco this year...I for one am not ready to give Baylor all this respect..yes..they have a great quarterback and a few other playmakers...but from what they showed last year I can't see them being a more difficult game than Missouri....or Kansas...

Any thoughts?

Griffin had a good Freshman year where he burst on the scene as a previously (mostly) unknown commodity. This year teams will have a season's worth of film on him and they'll key on stopping him. Unless they get much better at WR and RB than they were last year, I don't see them as any better than 4th in the South.

for what its worth, I have baylor going 7-5 this year, and have them as a trap game for us since its the week before the OU game. They have talent all over the field, its just their OLine that is suspect from last season. David Gettis at WR will be their go to guy, and was a very good recruit out of high school. Nobody seems to remember their RB in Jay Finley due to the fact that everyone is just completely facinated with mobile qb's they tend to forget the other playmakers.

Nebraska will win, but i'm taking baylor to beat the line, unless its less than a 4 pt spread.

for what its worth, I have baylor going 7-5 this year,

Aside from the Northwestern State, Kent State, ISU and probably A&M game which other 3 games do you see Baylor winning? I assume it would be 3 of these games at Wake, UConn, at Mizzou, & Tech (Dallas) because there is no way they beat OSU, OU or Texas and you said they will lose to NU.

Just looking to get everyone's thoughts on our game in Waco this year...I for one am not ready to give Baylor all this respect..yes..they have a great quarterback and a few other playmakers...but from what they showed last year I can't see them being a more difficult game than Missouri....or Kansas...

Any thoughts?

I agree that the game with Baylor will be no more difficult than our games with Kansas and Mizzou. That said, the games with Kansas and Mizou will be exceedingly tough to win. Winning in Waco will be tough too. All three games should be toss-ups. Expecting to beat all three is unrealistic (might happen but is unlikely). Beating 2 of the three would be nice.

It will be a tough game.

for what its worth, I have baylor going 7-5 this year,

Aside from the Northwestern State, Kent State, ISU and probably A&M game which other 3 games do you see Baylor winning? I assume it would be 3 of these games at Wake, UConn, at Mizzou, & Tech (Dallas) because there is no way they beat OSU, OU or Texas and you said they will lose to NU.

Yes I have them winning at Wake (toughest of the 3), at Mizzou (shoulda beat them last year) and vs UConn. I have the Tech game as a tossup, but i gave it to Tech in the w/l column.

To be honest, the game scares me a little bit. We struggled with them last year, however we should be far better than the NU team that struggled agianst Baylor last year. But I am sure Baylor has improved as well. Its going to be a tough game being away, i would be suprised if we lost but not shocked.

We talk about this at work everyday and my reply every single time.... "it's still Baylor". As much as I want to see them get into bowls and 8+ win season, it won't happen. With them being in the south and having to play OU, OSU, and UT every year, it's going to be another rough ride down in Waco.

They're not empty at other positions, but Griffin is the only guy who's going to have his name in the paper. If you can stop Griffin, you can stop Baylor. Our defense did, and will, stop Griffin. And so will most of the Big XII. Their home field advantage can hardly be called that as from what I hear from a buddy who goes there, nobody really attends the games. Could it be a trap game? Sure. Same could be said for any other game near or around a marquee opponent.

But for the Baylor believers, ask yourself this question. What happens if Griffin goes down?

That's what I thought.

Now as yourself this question. What happens if Lee, Reesing, Bradford, or McCoy goes down? Bad things happen, but the question is sure a helluva lot more interesting than when asked of Griffin, to which the answer is: Annihilation.