Lawrence Phillips

JGS30

Just saw on ESPN this morning that Lawrence Phillips is facing a possible 25 years in the joint for his toubles back in 2005 and some recent fellony charges. This is just sad. To think about how much talent this guy had, and to piss it all away.

When I saw his name on the ESPN ticker, I was really hoping that it would be something positive about this guy.

Just saw on ESPN this morning that Lawrence Phillips is facing a possible 25 years in the joint for his toubles back in 2005 and some recent fellony charges. This is just sad. To think about how much talent this guy had, and to piss it all away.

When I saw his name on the ESPN ticker, I was really hoping that it would be something positive about this guy.

Dude. Let it go.

Can't say it's all that shocking.

Nice sig by the way. Putting your prediction out there already, huh? Oklahoma and Texas are both losses...is the other one Nebraska?

Can't say it's all that shocking.

Nice sig by the way. Putting your prediction out there already, huh? Oklahoma and Texas are both losses...is the other one Nebraska?

Yes Michael, I see you noticed KU's 2009 record. I will unfold my full rankings for the Big 12 North and South very soon. Perhaps this afternoon. They will be shocking. Many posters will be thrown off and surprised, but after many, many hourse examining the scheudle of the teams, I've come to the conclusion that KU will finish 9-3. Stay tuned for Nebraska's prediction.

He's already in jail. What exactly are you trying to do here? stir up anger, resentment? Like knapplc said, it's interesting that this thread was started by you, a non-Husker fan. Why do you even come here if you don't like Nebraska? I would really like to know.

Don't really see why it makes a difference who starts the thread. I was thinking about it when I saw the news, but was too lazy. It's just an update on a former player. We all knew something like this was going to happen though; I mean, the crimes were already there, this was just the sentencing.

Lock him up and throw away the key so we never have to read or hear about this waste of skin ever again. PLEEEEEEEEASE!!!!!

Troubled ex-RB Phillips found guilty of 7 charges

Associated Press

Updated: August 12, 2009, 11:38 AM EDT

SAN DIEGO (AP) - Former NFL running back Lawrence Phillips has been convicted of assault and other felony charges in San Diego.

A Superior Court jury found Phillips guilty Tuesday of seven counts. Phillips had been accused of choking his girlfriend on two occasions in August 2005, once into unconsciousness.

He faces up to 25 years in prison when he's sentenced next month. Phillips already is serving a 10-year sentence for hitting three teenagers with his car in Los Angeles.

Phillips was once one of the nation's top college football players at Nebraska. The St. Louis Rams released him for insubordination in 1997. He went on to play for the Miami Dolphins and San Francisco 49ers, and spent time in NFL Europe and the Canadian Football League.

Don't really see why it makes a difference who starts the thread.

Because there are people who love nothing more than to bring up dirt on an opponent. You see it all the time, especially in SEC boards talking about SEC opponents. LP is one of the favorites of the Husker bashers out there. I have yet to see a time when LP made a headline for yet another crime that it wasn't posted by some non-Husker fan in some board that I frequent. It gets tedious, especially when there are former Huskers out there doing good things, things that are in the news, and those don't get posted by the same people.

On a scale of one to ten this is probably a two. It's not a big deal. But you asked.