Brent Qvale

That bodes well about him, but it could also not bode well for the team this year. If Qvale is already pushing up into the top 2 at a position, I would be worried about that position. I wonder if it is the troubling RG spot?

I'm curious as to why you would be worried or think that something like this doesn't bode well for the team.

Not just bc we've had our fair share of bickering, but I agree with caveman on this one. This could mean one of two things: 1) Christenson isn't back to his old self 2)Meyer or Henry havne't stepped up the way the coaches hoped and possibly Caputo hasn't either. Either that or they just really want to keep Hickman at center at all costs. Could mean a third thing and that is that Qvale really is ahead of the other's in which case is a wonderful thing for the future.

Not just bc we've had our fair share of bickering, but I agree with caveman on this one. This could mean one of two things: 1) Christenson isn't back to his old self 2)Meyer or Henry havne't stepped up the way the coaches hoped and possibly Caputo hasn't either. Either that or they just really want to keep Hickman at center at all costs. Could mean a third thing and that is that Qvale really is ahead of the other's in which case is a wonderful thing for the future.

That sounds reasonable.

huskers1 you said exactly what I was thinking only better, TY. Anyway, here is to hoping that Qvale is the super freak. I think he has a very bright future regardless, I really like who Cotton is bringing in for the line these days.

At Signing was hoping for this, a lineman good enough to make the rotation as a freshmen. It seemd from the information during his recruiting that he had the intangibles, really great feet and endurance.

obviously that little bit of information doesnt translate into performance, but its been a long time since the Oline has been impacted by a recruit. Would be just great if he gets in the rotation or becomes a fill in player for injuries. if the dude is good enough get him in there, because he'll get better playing even in a back up role.

the ability to run from the guard slot is necessary in so many packages....bodes well for his career if he can hold the rotational slot at guard just below the 2 deep, he'd make the travel squad then wouldnt he?

says alot for any freshman in a big program, to be good enough this early....makes future depth, in forward years easier to come by. Meyers one and done, if BQ can take and hold that slot next year, thats a big win for the Oline for 3 more years.

The future is now!! :restore

He has great size and is very strong according to his fellow offensive lineman.. Cotton says he moves quite well for some one his size and does a real good job in pass protection also..He is running with the twos because of injuries and the number 2 player Meyer is running with the ones.. He appears to have a great deal of physical ability.. I also read where had a very high GPA in high school.. According to Cotton he has a alot of want to.. Sounds like he has a little fire in him.. One of the player says if he keeps devolping he could be special eventually..