Brent Qvale

Here is a link to home town article on Brent. Didnt know he also was State Shot Put champ, besides All State in Baskeball...the guy might be IT.

http://www.willistonherald.com/articles/20...xt#blogcomments

If you're 6'7" in a little town in ND you'd better be all-state basketball

but still think he could be a great OG

Size doesn't have to do with all of it. His brother plays Division I ball at Montana. I think it shows more that Brent is an athlete, and we may have found something big under that rock up in ND that very few others knew about. I believe that Milt Tenopir loved recruiting line men with strong basketball ties and backgrounds, because they had excellent foot work and that made teaching his technique that much easier.

I'd love to see a frosh in the rotation, you have to look ahead 2 years and figure who the team will have to fill the holes when these current Srs and Jrs graduate. Right now, I'm not seeing much in the way of RS Froshes or Sophs (Caputo and Jones the obvious exceptions) in the mix for playing time but I'm sure we'll see some guys mature troughout the season.

Here is a link to home town article on Brent. Didnt know he also was State Shot Put champ, besides All State in Baskeball...the guy might be IT.

http://www.willistonherald.com/articles/20...xt#blogcomments

If you're 6'7" in a little town in ND you'd better be all-state basketball

but still think he could be a great OG

Size doesn't have to do with all of it. His brother plays Division I ball at Montana. I think it shows more that Brent is an athlete, and we may have found something big under that rock up in ND that very few others knew about. I believe that Milt Tenopir loved recruiting line men with strong basketball ties and backgrounds, because they had excellent foot work and that made teaching his technique that much easier.

Actually, size is everything in that size of school. I made that statement with an assumption he was a pretty athletic guy. I'm not bashing the guy, I just grew up in an area like that and at 6'3" and a PG the height made it easy for me. The good knews he isn't suffering from Big Fish Small Pond syndrome. A lot of college athlethes like myself and Brent tend to get overwhelmed when the competition level grows that much from what we are used to in the small schools. I suffered from it, he isn't so far. That's a very good thing.

I don't think he is 6'9, more 6'7 but yes you would think even at 6'7 he would be a better tackle. IMO if we are thin at guard and he can bust some holes open then more power to him.

At this point, if he is good enough to crack the 2-Deep at Guard then let him play guard this year. Doesn't mean that next season he doesn't move over to Tackle. Isn't Tackle more about arm length though, anyone know if Qvale has the length they like at Tackle?

I don't think he is 6'9, more 6'7 but yes you would think even at 6'7 he would be a better tackle. IMO if we are thin at guard and he can bust some holes open then more power to him.

I ran into him the other day and would agree he is about 6' 6" - maybe 6' 7". He's a nice kid, or seemed like it anyway.

6'6 or 6'7 it doesn't really matter. He is one big dude...