How much patience for Lee?

tmfr15

As fans we have to hope our starter does a great job.

My Opinion, we as fans want Cody to redshirt. Why? Lee is gonna make us fans ask "why wasnt he playing last year". He is and will be better than Joe ever thought of being. Due to this, he will start next year also, so having Green redshirt makes the most sense. Should Lee get hurt early in the season and be out for an extended period then i think you may end up seeing a 2 QB system for the remainder of the year. However, should Lee stay healthy, Washington will get the mopup duty and Green will Redshirt.

As great as Green's pedigree is coming into college, I'm really interested in seeing what LaTravis Washington can do when the green jersey comes off. Everyone at the Spring Game came away impressed with what he did, and there was a lot of talk about his foot speed and how he looked running the ball. Washington in a Zone Read with Helu could be devastating to an opponent.

As great as Green's pedigree is coming into college, I'm really interested in seeing what LaTravis Washington can do when the green jersey comes off. Everyone at the Spring Game came away impressed with what he did, and there was a lot of talk about his foot speed and how he looked running the ball. Washington in a Zone Read with Helu could be devastating to an opponent.

For what it is worth, LITR posted an update from Watson. Watson said that Green has had a great last 3 days in practice and closed the gap between him and LTW, it is an even battle now. Take it for what it is worth.

For what it is worth, LITR posted an update from Watson. Watson said that Green has had a great last 3 days in practice and closed the gap between him and LTW, it is an even battle now. Take it for what it is worth.

I caught that. I think that bodes well for us in the long run. I think that means that Washington was showing some good things, and Green has now caught up to that. I'm hoping it doesn't mean that both are stagnating somewhere near inefficiency.

Washington showed something out there in the Spring Game. He didn't look like some incompetent hack former linebacker masquerading as a quarterback. He looked like a guy with a lot of raw athletic ability, a bit of a loose cannon, who needed refinement to become productive. Green just looked over his head. :lol:

We need both to step up. Green is the future at QB, while Lee is clearly the present. Washington can be a vital bridge from Now to Then, providing depth and an inability to become comfortable for Lee. That's my perfect scenario, anyway.

Ok Jen,

Ineffective defined.

Think Mike Grant. Mr. Grant was indecisive with the ball, did not display confidence and could not run the option. He didn't have any smooth parts to his game. It looked rough and was painful to watch. Oz eventually went to Tommie for some on the job training.

Lee would and should be charactorized by fans as ineffective for the following: fumbling the snap, missing open guys, throwing into tight coverage consistenly and holding on to the ball too long.

Turnovers, taking a lot of sacks and not putting the ball in the hands of open guys mean the QB is at fault.

Sam Keller was ineffective mainly due to his repeated tendency to hold the ball forever and check it down to the back.

We all hope this does not happen.

The question then becomes what do the coaches do? Do they suffer through the season or do they, like Oz back in the day, go to the freshman.

Ok Jen,

Ineffective defined.

Think Mike Grant. Mr. Grant was indecisive with the ball, did not display confidence and could not run the option. He didn't have any smooth parts to his game. It looked rough and was painful to watch. Oz eventually went to Tommie for some on the job training.

Lee would and should be charactorized by fans as ineffective for the following: fumbling the snap, missing open guys, throwing into tight coverage consistenly and holding on to the ball too long.

Turnovers, taking a lot of sacks and not putting the ball in the hands of open guys mean the QB is at fault.

Sam Keller was ineffective mainly due to his repeated tendency to hold the ball forever and check it down to the back.

We all hope this does not happen.

The question then becomes what do the coaches do? Do they suffer through the season or do they, like Oz back in the day, go to the freshman.

The will go with the player that is best at the position and for the team.

I think if there is the slightest uncertain time. Lee will be riding the pine. I do not feel this staff is concerned about Cody's redshirt, and they should not be. They are here to play, and if they are ready and are better or have the ability to be better quickly, give him the lead. He does not sound like a true freshman from what I have heard. If he is man enough do the job. Our military depends on kids his age to fight and die and they get less training than he has had. Sorry if that offends, but lets take the diapers off the program and let the best play. I think last year they stockpiled, this year who ever is the best will be on the field.

We are way to caught up in protecting this kid. Watson seems to think he can do the job. Learning in the real world is better than being the scout team QB.

heading into the Spring it was clearly NOT Witt's job in the eyes of the coaches. We know that because, by popular rumor, Witt asked for some kind of assurance that he really had the starting gig locked up and Bo refused to give him that, and Witt left.

While you're probably right about the starting spot being up for grabs, your reasoning is probably wrong. I don't think Bo would tell any player they have a starting spot locked up in the spring. Maybe now, but definitely not then. It goes against pretty much everything Bo says.

heading into the Spring it was clearly NOT Witt's job in the eyes of the coaches. We know that because, by popular rumor, Witt asked for some kind of assurance that he really had the starting gig locked up and Bo refused to give him that, and Witt left.

While you're probably right about the starting spot being up for grabs, your reasoning is probably wrong. I don't think Bo would tell any player they have a starting spot locked up in the spring. Maybe now, but definitely not then. It goes against pretty much everything Bo says.

What is wrong with my reasoning? I said that the job was not locked up by anyone, and the rumor is that Witt asked for some kind of assurance from Bo, Bo refused to give it to him, and he left. I also don't think Bo would tell any player they they have a starting spot locked up in the Spring, which is the problem Witt ran into. I think Bo told him he'd have to fight for the job because he really really would have to fight for it, because 1) that's how Bo does things and 2) the gap was closing (or closed) between Witt and Lee.

Unless I'm reading you wrong, you and I are saying the same thing.

I dont think that the coaches brag on individual players at all during spring ball and camp unless they are just performing at a level they are expected to perform. Like Helu in the spring and Suh and maybe Pierre Allen as of late. But Watson has continued to brag on Lee. So that tells me that he is ready to go and has all the tools to be the quarterback at least for this year. Green and LTW will battle for two but it doesnt seem like either of them are pushing him at all for a spot. So if he is ineffective we are in trouble, bc Wats knows quarterbacks and if Green and LTW arent pushing him for a spot then obviously he must be head and shoulders ahead of his competition.