Husker RBs

A closer look at what Nebraska has behind Roy Helu Jr.:

http://journalstar.com/news/opinion/blogs/...1cc4c002e0.html

Three out of five backups from Texas. Gotta love that Texas high school football. As Walter Brennan use to say in "The Guns of Will Sonnett", "No brag, just facts".

How's that for dating yourself. GBR

Did Bob Devaney sit on your knee and say how he wished he could coach for Nebraska when he grew up?

i have been boning up on Burkhead, this kid was "all-everything" in Texas last year, i really don't know how the hell we got him and Texas did not. he played for Plano, in Class 5A, he made his stats in the toughest division in Texas high schools and i predict he will be the freshman player of the year in the Big 12. this kid is unreal, he has more moves than x-lax and he is deceptively fast and very quick. he can catch the ball well and he will terrorize defenses as a receiver out of the backfield.....this kid is the real deal, everyone will be talking about him all year long.

i have been boning up on Burkhead, this kid was "all-everything" in Texas last year, i really don't know how the hell we got him and Texas did not. he played for Plano, in Class 5A, he made his stats in the toughest division in Texas high schools and i predict he will be the freshman player of the year in the Big 12. this kid is unreal, he has more moves than x-lax and he is deceptively fast and very quick. he can catch the ball well and he will terrorize defenses as a receiver out of the backfield.....this kid is the real deal, everyone will be talking about him all year long.

1. Even Texas has to abide by the 85 total and no more than 25 per year scholarship limits.

(Although I'm sure there are people in the state working on finding a way to exempt the Horns from this rule.)

2. Texas fills their next year's recruiting class before the ink on the LOIs of the current class is dry.

(It usually works well for them but that means that a lot of great talent, who maybe wanted to play for Texas, has to look elsewhere.)

3. What's even more amazing is that Texas A&M, Oklahoma or Texas Tech didn't nab this kid.

1. Even Texas has to abide by the 85 total and no more than 25 per year scholarship limits.

(Although I'm sure there are people in the state working on finding a way to exempt the Horns from this rule.)

2. Texas fills their next year's recruiting class before the ink on the LOIs of the current class is dry.

(It usually works well for them but that means that a lot of great talent, who maybe wanted to play for Texas, has to look elsewhere.)

3. What's even more amazing is that Texas A&M, Oklahoma or Texas Tech didn't nab this kid.

you are right in the respect that there is so much talent down here that UT does get a lot of comittment from kids as Juniors in high school, but i am surprised some other big name out of state schools didn't recruit this kid harder......he is a talent.

Anxiously waiting to hear about the young freshmen competing for playing time behind Helu. With Q out of the picture this should surely light a fire under them to get on that field and perfrom infront of the sea of red.

Ill be in Blacksburg-cant wait to see the Huskers after a promising year last year.

GBR

you are right in the respect that there is so much talent down here that UT does get a lot of comittment from kids as Juniors in high school, but i am surprised some other big name out of state schools didn't recruit this kid harder......he is a talent.

I agree.

And, for the coaches, especially Bo Pelini, to speak so highly about an individual player, a true freshman RB to boot, speaks volumes about just how good this kid must be.

I agree.

And, for the coaches, especially Bo Pelini, to speak so highly about an individual player, a true freshman RB to boot, speaks volumes about just how good this kid must be.

RACE!!! He's white, so folks all wanted to make him a safety or a WR or an OLB.

Mt first post ever on this board. You may have to bear with me as I get used to this setup. :dunno After watching all those Burkhead Youtube video's I'm thinking this guy is fun to watch. I do feel sorry for Q and such but am more disappointed in him for letting down his teamates. But it does say a lot with Pelini naming Burkhead as the #2 but that competition is still wide open. It will be all year. Remember when Benard Jackson was the #3 back still midway through the season? I'm not so sure that Helu wasn't the #3 back last year until Q started leaving the ball on the ground. Alas we all shall move on and I'm excited about this Burkhead kid. Later all

I agree.

:wtf

:bs:

You're telling me Bob Stoops said, "na the kid is white. I don't care about the film and all of his success in the hardest division in THE ENTIRE NATION for HS football. Since he's white he can't play RB, he has to play OLB"???? <_<

That has to be the most naive thing I have ever read, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Consider the source, that's what Grandpa always says..............

I agree.

Reverse discrimination? Are you really playing that card?

Or here's a crazy idea: Maybe he's just so talented that other programs wanted him for a different position because they already had committments at running back?

Naw, that couldn't possiblly be the case... <_<