Can Q transfer to D1aa or D2 this season?

I saw on a blog that he was in Omaha already to see if he can play this season. Does anyone know if this is even possible? I am sure they will make an exception to an all star athlete to get him through the admissions process.

Thanks

Yes, if you go down in division he may play this season. I would think he would want to transfer D1 because, as long as he doesn't transfer in conference, he can sit his required year using his redshirt and he would still have 2 years to play.

I saw on a blog that he was in Omaha already to see if he can play this season. Does anyone know if this is even possible? I am sure they will make an exception to an all star athlete to get him through the admissions process.

Thanks

I don't see why he couldn't. And if the fall semester hasn't started yet there's still time to register.

I have a vague recollection of a rule that he'd have to sit 2 years if he wanted to transfer to another Big 12 school, but I can't find that rule with a quick search. Anyone know for sure?

Ya, I found that. It's in another thread about Castille.

I wonder if other big 12 schools will take a look... I think Mizzou is going to be on him like white on rice.

I have faith Bo had his reasons for dismissing him, but acting with NO regard for the Unity Council seems like a Callahan move to me... Bo, WTF?!

I may be mistaken, but I believe if you transfer in conference you lose an additional year of eligibility. I will look for a link on that.

Yep, I was right. That should stop him from going to Mizzou or a rival in conference.

Robert Marve's troubles with Miami, Randy Shannon highlight problems of transferring

By JORGE MILIAN

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Saturday, January 10, 2009

When a University of Oklahoma football player wants to transfer, there's very little drama that comes along with it.

"''Let him go where ever he wants to,' is pretty much all I can remember saying," Sooners coach Bob Stoops said. "I don't much care where they go."

etc...........

Conferences have their own restrictions regarding transfers. The Big 12, for instance, requires athletes who move from one of its conference schools to another to sit out two seasons before they can receive a scholarship.

Big East athletes participating in football, men's basketball and women's basketball cannot transfer within the conference under any circumstances. The ACC prohibits inter-conference transfers for one year.

Those policies have created a backlash from some critics who accuse the NCAA and its member schools of a double standard. They point out that head and assistant coaches often move between in-conference schools without penalty.

He would be a major get talent wise for anyone...but who ever would take a chance on him would have to baby sit him constantly, otherwise he would have the same issues he had here. He obviously has a problem, since he couldn't kick the habit after numerous chances here...and IMHO if he didn't take it serious here, he won't anywhere else either.

He would be a major get talent wise for anyone...but who ever would take a chance on him would have to baby sit him constantly, otherwise he would have the same issues he had here. He obviously has a problem, since he couldn't kick the habit after numerous chances here...and IMHO if he didn't take it serious here, he won't anywhere else either.

:yeah

though it would bring some excitement to UNO.

The Iowa Hawkeyes... <_<

The Iowa Hawkeyes... <_<

There is no way in hades that Bo or Dr. Tom would allow him to transfer in-conference. Wishful thinking. :laughpound

The Iowa Hawkeyes... <_<

He would fit in well there. Have they gone more than 5 minutes within the last two years without one of their players fists running into cab drivers faces or riding mopeds drunk? Seriously that program has it bad.