Do we have too many screens?

tmfr15

I think that the screens are a distraction. It's part of the reason why Memorial Stadium is not as loud and crazy as it should be. It's not the screens itself, but the crap that they put on the screens during the game like the pepsi bottles racing each other. It is truly too kids and blue hair friendly. Put something up there that will hype the crowd up like a decible meter. I would like every hearing aid fried by the time the game is over.

It becomes an issue when the blue hairs crab that they are too bright, noisy, new age, modern or that the person in front of them won't sit down so they can see them.

So true. I'm 50 years old and even I know and will admit the Blue Hair's have got to go.

It's a football game..........not a game of BINGO.

you're kicking yourself out...a few years too early but you get the point.

I think there are too many. I was alright with the enormous screen in North stadium and the two old jumbotrons . . . now adding two more jumbotrons and ribbon boards?! Seriously?! Does anybody go to watch the game on the field anymore?

I think its more to enhance the game day experience by adding to the tunnel walk, etc. anyone watching the game on the screens might as well stay at home. The only time I look to the screens is for a replay or maybe if the action is obscured, red zone offense.

Plus I think it hypes up the defense chant/noise... DE-FENSE!!

If it gets to the point where it physically blocks the game, then it's a problem. And if they start circling the entire stadium with them that's a problem too. However, I think we have the perfect amount. Now everybody, no matter where they are sitting, can see a screen clearly. There were some places in the stadium that, if you happened to be sitting there, you either had to crane your neck to see a screen or you had to look really far away. This negates that now.

Plus, if you happen to be sitting in the North or South stadium, it is very hard to tell what the difference is between a 2 yard gain and a 6 yard gain when watching the play. The screens allow us to see how far the team went on that particular play, and I think it's really nice to able to know that.

If it gets to the point where it physically blocks the game, then it's a problem. And if they start circling the entire stadium with them that's a problem too. However, I think we have the perfect amount. Now everybody, no matter where they are sitting, can see a screen clearly. There were some places in the stadium that, if you happened to be sitting there, you either had to crane your neck to see a screen or you had to look really far away. This negates that now.

Plus, if you happen to be sitting in the North or South stadium, it is very hard to tell what the difference is between a 2 yard gain and a 6 yard gain when watching the play. The screens allow us to see how far the team went on that particular play, and I think it's really nice to able to know that.

Agreed. Being near the top of north stadium it was difficult to see replays, or even some action on the other end of the field, and I am 26 years old. The two screens were GREATLY needed. As far as the ribbon boards...my jury is still out until after I see them in action in person.