My 10 Predictions for upcoming season

Here are some predictions for the upcoming season. All I got to say is “Take them to the bank”.

1. Zac Lee will be better then Joey Ganz.

2. Roy Helu will breakdown before the end of the season.

3. Larry Asante will be All Conference.

4. Ndamukong Suh’s stats will not be as good as last year.

5. The linebacker player will be 100% better then last year.

6. Mike McNeil will break his records from a year ago.

7. Bo Pelini will get another 15 yard penalty.

8. Niles Paul will be the star that he was predicted to be.

9. We will win the North Division.

10. I will make a mean pot of Chili on at least 3 game days.

Here are some predictions for the upcoming season. All I got to say is “Take them to the bank”.

Can I have some chili please?

I think #4 will be directly attributed to the fact opponents will have to respect the House of Spears and be forced to double maybe even triple team him opening the way for the rest of the D-line to inflict some pain and misery.

This is a big reason why I think there will be vast improvement from the LB’s and why Asante will be better this year. With Suh taking up more blockers that will allow the faster LB’s to make plays and Asante will be able to room as well.

If Suh has less stats then last year that doesn’t necessarily equal a bad thing.

I think #4 will be directly attributed to the fact opponents will have to respect the House of Spears and be forced to double maybe even triple team him opening the way for the rest of the D-line to inflict some pain and misery.

This is a big reason why I think there will be vast improvement from the LB’s and why Asante will be better this year. With Suh taking up more blockers that will allow the faster LB’s to make plays and Asante will be able to room as well.

If Suh has less stats then last year that doesn’t necessarily equal a bad thing.

:yeah should open up for the guys behind to make good plays if they focus on Suh and D line

Abso-Smurfly. There is NO WAY Suh's stats go down without the rest of the D-Line's going up. Crick is no slouch at Tackle, and the bookends, Turner and Allen, are going to wreak havoc up there. The coaches have been saying all along that Turner's first step is back, that he's back where he was before the injury, and that spells disaster for opponents.

You've got five guys on your line, plus, say, a TE or RB to block. You double Suh, no question. That's four left on the line to block. You can double any one of the other three, leaving two of Crick, Turner or Allen one-on-one with a blocker. I like our odds in that scenario against most any team we go up against.

So you've got one of our guys breaking free within, say, two seconds (this is predicated on the idea that Suh doesn’t break out of the double). That means your QB is going to have to identify coverage and get the ball out before he completes his five-step drop or he’s going to have to leave the pocket and either run or throw on the run. I like those odds.

None of this takes in to account a blitzer. From what we saw last year, that’s going to work in our favor more often than not.

I would like to make a prediction too.

That Mark May and Lou Holtz will have a make-out session on tv after talking about Notre Dame

Lou Holtz is a serious spitter. There is an exchange of saliva with everyone he makes eye contact with during conversation.

I don't know if that counts as a true 'make-out'. What are the requirements?

I'm jsut glad that you didn't say anything about Rex Burkhead tearing teams up this year...urgh...

and your chili is making me hungry.

1. Zac Lee will be the Big XII's 4th best QB by season's end, edging out either Zac Robinson (Que rkhufu flame :box ) or Todd Reesing

2. Niles Paul will return both a kick and a punt for a TD

3. Pierre Allen will have more sacks than Barry Turner

4. Ricky Thenarse will lead the team in interceptions

5. Mike Ekeler will showcase a 43" vertical after the D records the first sack of the season

6. Mendoza will emerge as the #2 I-back

7. We will have 1 loss heading into the OU game

8. Cody Green with shirt

9. We will have a top 20 defense, but will not shut anyone out

10. Helu will rush for over 1,500 yds.

Take it to the bank. :koolaid2: