Cody Green #2 QB

I keep going bact to the comment Coach Watson made about needing all three this year.

Cody must be the real deal.

I look at it as a positive.. It shows Bo and staff are going to play the best, young or around awhile. That opens the eyes of the youngsters out there. No one wants to say they are not ready to play. That is the level of athlete we need to recruit. It really opens up competition.

He held a lot of kids back last year with red shirts. I think this year we will see a change in that attitude. We need to win now, if the kid is ready get him in there. If he does the job we will be able to recruit others to replace him in three years, because if he is good enough to play this year the chance of him staying 4 or 5 years is remote. Not many Tebows out there.

Good to hear that he's getting there. I'd love to have confidence in our backups.

I'm guessing we'll find out in the second half of FAU if Green is going to redshirt or not. If we're ahead like I think we're going to be, he'll be sent in for experience.

I also think that he plays even if it is a close game because that means Zach Lee isn't playing very well so he could step in then. Either way I see him playing.

:w00t

I keep going bact to the comment Coach Watson made about needing all three this year.

Cody must be the real deal.

I look at it as a positive.. It shows Bo and staff are going to play the best, young or around awhile. That opens the eyes of the youngsters out there. No one wants to say they are not ready to play. That is the level of athlete we need to recruit. It really opens up competition.

He held a lot of kids back last year with red shirts. I think this year we will see a change in that attitude. We need to win now, if the kid is ready get him in there. If he does the job we will be able to recruit others to replace him in three years, because if he is good enough to play this year the chance of him staying 4 or 5 years is remote. Not many Tebows out there.

You're right. According to ESPN the last one met with an unfortunate end about 30 AD on a cross in Palestine.

C-Bear got to know Cody and his girlfriend last year and he sounds like a great kid. I would like to see him as the number one QB for at least 3 years. I hope that Lee stays healthy and is good enough to keep Cody off the field this year and that the number three guy is good enough for mop up duty. I'd hate to waste a year of eligibility on meaningless playing time.

T_O_B

:bonez:bonez:bonez

It's hard to decide what the best course of action would be; save his talent and put in LT or someone else and cut our losses for the year - or burn his redshirt early to give him playing time and experience in case Lee is injured later on.

If they're going to plan on burning it anyway, they had better get him some quality reps in games to justify it. The last few years our backups have gotten squat, and it's got us into a little mess with lack of experience now.

It's hard to decide what the best course of action would be; save his talent and put in LT or someone else and cut our losses for the year - or burn his redshirt early to give him playing time and experience in case Lee is injured later on.

If they're going to plan on burning it anyway, they had better get him some quality reps in games to justify it. The last few years our backups have gotten squat, and it's got us into a little mess with lack of experience now.

About the only thing that I admire about Pinkel was the way he played Booger early and often for Smith, prepping him to take over when Smith graduated.

Well this is starting to get exciting. Cody Green getting ready for some playing time. Mendoza, back where he can really show off that speed and quickness that can break open a close game, on one play. It will be fun seeing him and Cody in there together. Might as well get used to it, Cody's probably the q/b for the future and Mendoza isn't going any where, but up and down the field. I hope.

:corndance:corndance:corndance:corndance:corndance:corndance:corndance:corndance

GBR!!!

When Tommie went down in '94 my first thought was, "Oh F...", but Berringer came in an we didn't skip a beat. Then BB went down and we started the "Thurminator" and he, a home grown Nebraska walk on kept the ship on course. All we need is for the stars the align themselves again.

T_O_B