Bad practice, Coach?

Yeah. I agree with skersfan. We heard this same thing last year. He can't say that every practice was excellent in every area all the time, otherwise the players will start to let down a little bit. It's a motivational tool at this point - nothing more, nothing less. It may not have been the practice he likes to see, but it also probably wasn't as bad as he made it sound.

You can tell when he is annoyed by reporters because he looks from side to side alot. My favorite part of the interview: "Coach, you seemed a little more ticked off today then we have seen you all preseason." (or something like that). Classic!

One thing I will say though: last year, you could always tell how the Huskers were going to perform on gameday based upon the practice comments Pelini made throughout the week.

Bo didn't just make it up because he feels its time to say they had a bad practice. They actually did have a bad practice by all accounts. A comment I saw from a player said that he could sense they maybe relaxed a bit of their intensity yesterday, after what was termed by Bo and everybody else as a really good Tuesday practice. He indicated that Bo told them after practice that he wasn't happy that they seemingly took a day off, and expects a decent practice to be built upon.

Bo didn't just make it up because he feels its time to say they had a bad practice. They actually did have a bad practice by all accounts. A comment I saw from a player said that he could sense they maybe relaxed a bit of their intensity yesterday, after what was termed by Bo and everybody else as a really good Tuesday practice. He indicated that Bo told them after practice that he wasn't happy that they seemingly took a day off, and expects a decent practice to be built upon.

What are the players going to say? "No, Bo is wrong. He doesn't know what he's talking about. We had an awesome practice."

Yeah, they may have made mistakes, but it was probably no worse than some of the other "average" practices. Not as bad as he made it out to seem.

What are the players going to say? "No, Bo is wrong. He doesn't know what he's talking about. We had an awesome practice."

Yeah, they may have made mistakes, but it was probably no worse than some of the other "average" practices. Not as bad as he made it out to seem.

OK. Yeah, wednesday's practice was probably just as great an effort as tuesday's but that sly Bo decided to be all pissed off about it anyway, because that's the way to motivate them. That's stupid. Its only natural that there could be a mental let down right after a good mental high. We see examples all over college football from game to game. I don't think Bo needs to manufacture something that doesn't exist.

Yeah. I agree with skersfan. We heard this same thing last year. He can't say that every practice was excellent in every area all the time, otherwise the players will start to let down a little bit. It's a motivational tool at this point - nothing more, nothing less. It may not have been the practice he likes to see, but it also probably wasn't as bad as he made it sound.

You can tell when he is annoyed by reporters because he looks from side to side alot. My favorite part of the interview: "Coach, you seemed a little more ticked off today then we have seen you all preseason." (or something like that). Classic!

One thing I will say though: last year, you could always tell how the Huskers were going to perform on gameday based upon the practice comments Pelini made throughout the week.

Can Bo say he's doing an excellent job in every area?

For reminding us all of that... "May the fleas of a thousand camels nest in your armpits."

OK. Yeah, wednesday's practice was probably just as great an effort as tuesday's but that sly Bo decided to be all pissed off about it anyway, because that's the way to motivate them. That's stupid. Its only natural that there could be a mental let down right after a good mental high. We see examples all over college football from game to game. I don't think Bo needs to manufacture something that doesn't exist.

So you agree with his assessment that Nebraska "isn't a good football team"? That's what he said, so it must be true, right?

My point was that he was pissy because they didn't practice the way he wanted them to, but to say that they aren't a good football team is probably a little stretch, don't you think? He was trying to knock them down a level so they don't get too high on themselves. It's a pretty basic coaching tactic.

I don't know. Maybe I could be wrong. Maybe the Huskers aren't a good football team and us fans might as well accept the 5-7 season that is forthcoming.

I loved that line so. What made it so choice is who it originally came from.

Nice work junior

To say Bo acted angry for motivation is very uninformed opinion of a coach.

I will agree that a decrease in effort is something that happens when teams have a couple good practice days in a row. There seems to be a tendency in teams to get lackadaisical. It is the coaches job to put his foot down and say this will not be tolerated. I think that is exactly what Bo did.

Prior to the season coaches meet and talk about things pertaining to practices. That includes tempo, schedule, format, and conditioning. After the first couple of practices the coaching staff gets an idea of where the team is in comparison to where the coaches want them to be. What we heard yesterday was a reflection of the team falling below where he expect them to be as well as where they have shown they can be.

One of the dumbest notions is some of you who really think that Bo needs the media to send a message to his team, so he's using them with some little "coach speak" mind games. I can be fairly certain that Bo's closing message with team at the conclusion of yesterday's practice pretty much let them know what he thought about the effort and execution.

Even Asante said the execution was poor, and they heard about from Bo, Sanders, etc. Apparently, Tuesday they didn't give up the deep plays, but Wednesday there were a couple of breakdowns with the D-backs, resulting in big plays. FAU has an NFL caliber QB, and the last thing Bo, Carl or Marvin want to see is a lack of execution in covering the deep ball.