Bad practice, Coach?

Yeah. I agree with skersfan. We heard this same thing last year. He can't say that every practice was excellent in every area all the time, otherwise the players will start to let down a little bit. It's a motivational tool at this point - nothing more, nothing less. It may not have been the practice he likes to see, but it also probably wasn't as bad as he made it sound.

You can tell when he is annoyed by reporters because he looks from side to side alot. My favorite part of the interview: "Coach, you seemed a little more ticked off today then we have seen you all preseason." (or something like that). Classic!

One thing I will say though: last year, you could always tell how the Huskers were going to perform on gameday based upon the practice comments Pelini made throughout the week.

ABSOLUTELY!!! I really admire the honesty of this staff, it was easy to tell how the team would do based upon how they practiced. Good news thus far is this is the only real bad practice I can recall in Fall Camp, the team has figured out how to get the most out practice finally.

sorry to bump an older thread but i didn't want to start a new one.

remember last year during fall camp, when pelini being pissed because of practice performance and effort was an every other day occurrence?

how many times did that happen this year? ONCE. that HAS to be a good indication of what's to come right?

more often than not, we've seen pelini very pleased and happy with practices.

the season can't get here soon enough!

I should probably post this now before i watch the video, but about the time that Castille was dismissed from the team, Bo said something during an interview that caught my attention.

Last year, i felt that there was alot of problems with executioning the plays. Bo said during this time that execution was still not where we he wanted it to be, but the thing that he did not say was whether it improved from last year. Im sure most of know how many times the Huskers seem to come back and take games instead of starting out strong. I am hoping that this gets fixed and our execution is better than last year.

With Bo's comment about inconsistency once again through the execution problem back into my mind. I hope that the first game and so on will prove me wrong in my worries.

*edit* After seeing the video it seemed likes two things...

!. Bo doesn't like press coverage.

2. Bo just wanted to go the F*** home.

I should probably post this now before i watch the video, but about the time that Castille was dismissed from the team, Bo said something during an interview that caught my attention.

Last year, i felt that there was alot of problems with executioning the plays. Bo said during this time that execution was still not where we he wanted it to be, but the thing that he did not say was whether it improved from last year. Im sure most of know how many times the Huskers seem to come back and take games instead of starting out strong. I am hoping that this gets fixed and our execution is better than last year.

With Bo's comment about inconsistency once again through the execution problem back into my mind. I hope that the first game and so on will prove me wrong in my worries.

*edit* After seeing the video it seemed likes two things...

!. Bo doesn't like press coverage.

2. Bo just wanted to go the F*** home.

More of a cover-2 guy??? :dunno

THis is the danger of having beat writers getting one on ones with the coaches every time you turn around during preseason camp. The coach's mood varies based on a number of factors. When the come into interviews hostile it catches reporters off guard. Bad questions and coach speak follow. Cut the number of interviews down, period. That's the solution. It won't happen, but that is the solution.

Almost makes me wish the game was today...We usually seemed to play better after a bad week or a bad few days of practice. (Best week of practice seemed to be before last year's Missery game).

I actually almost feel for the writers on this one..

You could pretty much tell instantly by his body language that he was having a bad day..Looks like me on most Mondays...I'm guessing his Wife even yelled at him that morning.

Since we're so much more experienced in the actual playing of Football at a high level, we souuld all try to help our writers with some more better prepared questions..

I'll start.

1) Coach..If you were a tree, what kind of tree (Runs away yelling)..W o u l d y o u Beeeeeeeee?

THis is the danger of having beat writers getting one on ones with the coaches every time you turn around during preseason camp. The coach's mood varies based on a number of factors. When the come into interviews hostile it catches reporters off guard. Bad questions and coach speak follow. Cut the number of interviews down, period. That's the solution. It won't happen, but that is the solution.

Almost makes me wish the game was today...We usually seemed to play better after a bad week or a bad few days of practice. (Best week of practice seemed to be before last year's Missery game).

I actually almost feel for the writers on this one..

You could pretty much tell instantly by his body language that he was having a bad day..Looks like me on most Mondays...I'm guessing his Wife even yelled at him that morning.

Since we're so much more experienced in the actual playing of Football at a high level, we souuld all try to help our writers with some more better prepared questions..

I'll start.

1) Coach..If you were a tree, what kind of tree (Runs away yelling)..W o u l d y o u Beeeeeeeee?

Funny I got the exact opposite impression last season. I always felt that if Bo and Co were positive about the week of practice then the team would do well. I remember Eck getting all geeked about the game plan vs. MU, but I am pretty sure Bo was pissed about how the team practiced that week. The following week they had a good week of practice and almost upset TT.

Funny I got the exact opposite impression last season. I always felt that if Bo and Co were positive about the week of practice then the team would do well. I remember Eck getting all geeked about the game plan vs. MU, but I am pretty sure Bo was pissed about how the team practiced that week. The following week they had a good week of practice and almost upset TT.

Yeah. Everytime the coaches said practice went well, we played well. The weeks we didn't practice well (that I can remember) are: SJST, VT, and Missou. Didn't play well those weeks either.

Yeah. Everytime the coaches said practice went well, we played well. The weeks we didn't practice well (that I can remember) are: SJST, VT, and Missou. Didn't play well those weeks either.

I agree with you except about the Mizzou game. The coaches where quite confident before that game that they had some great new scheme, and that fans where going to like what they saw............... :hmmph Unfortunately the coaches where WAY off that week!

E: Scratch that Micheal, I must have misread your post, didn't see Mizzou at the end.