2009 QB prediction

knapplc

I'm hearing lots of talk all around Huskerdom, not just here, about Cody Green taking over the #1 spot before the season is over. Then you hear lots of talk that Lee has a lock on the job and he'll be great. LaTravis Washington is still in the mix as well.

Just so we don't have a dozen people posting up "I said this would happen" when Green takes over, or when Green ends up redshirting, or when Lee wins the Heisman, or when Washington becomes the second coming of Tommie Frazier, let's have everyone make their predictions here in one spot. Organization is a good thing.

My prediction: Zac Lee is not only solid, but pretty good. He holds the #1 spot all year, with Green the clear #2. Green doesn't redshirt, and gets game action as early as week one against FAU.

If everyone stays healthy, Lee then Green then Washington redshirting. I also think Washington could push hard late in the season to capture the #2, but I dont think Lee will be ousted as #1.

I like the O line this season, so I think that will help keep the QBs in good shape.

my prediction is if Green takes over for anything other than injury thats probably not a good thing. Its very rare that a true Fresh can make a real positive impact, unless the team isnt very good. No problem if he is the #2 and gets into games in situations. In fact, if he is going to be the 'guy' next year i would encourage it.

I'm hearing lots of talk all around Huskerdom, not just here, about Cody Green taking over the #1 spot before the season is over. Then you hear lots of talk that Lee has a lock on the job and he'll be great. LaTravis Washington is still in the mix as well.

Just so we don't have a dozen people posting up "I said this would happen" when Green takes over, or when Green ends up redshirting, or when Lee wins the Heisman, or when Washington becomes the second coming of Tommie Frazier, let's have everyone make their predictions here in one spot. Organization is a good thing.

My prediction: Zac Lee is not only solid, but pretty good. He holds the #1 spot all year, with Green the clear #2. Green doesn't redshirt, and gets game action as early as week one against FAU.

Zac Lee starts the season as the #1 QB, suffers a season ending injury in the 4th game, Cody Green takes over as a true freshman and becomes the second coming of Tommie Frazier.

Two QB predictions:

1) No way Cody Green takes over #1. Even if Zac Lee goes down I think Green keeps his shirt and Washington is first off the bench. /jmho

2) Sometime this season we’ll see something fun and funky featuring Latravious Washington. Wildcat set or something similar.

Lee will be serviceable, maybe even better than that.

He won't be good enough for some fans, and we'll lose a close game, or play a weak team too close, and there will be clamoring for Green or Washington to start, because some fans know that the best player on the team is the #2 QB. I can't predict exactly when this will happen, but the over/under line is halftime of the opener.

This will be made worse by one of them looking good in mop up time in an early game.

Bo will tells fans that Lee is the clear #1 and is by far the best in practice.

Some fans won't believe him or think he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Possibly Green or Washington will get more quality time in a loss or if Lee takes a hit and has to sit for a few series, or the rest of the game. The new QB won't play well, but not quite a la Beau Davis in Lubbock.

Lee will finish the year strong and prove Bo correct, but some fans still won't be satisfied.

He won't be good enough for some fans, and we'll lose a close game, or play a weak team too close, and there will be clamoring for Green or Washington to start, because some fans know that the best player on the team is the #2 QB. I can't predict exactly when this will happen, but the over/under line is halftime of the opener.

This will be made worse by one of them looking good in mop up time in an early game.

Possibly Green or Washington will get more quality time in a loss or if Lee takes a hit and has to sit for a few series, or the rest of the game. The new QB won't play well, but not quite a la Beau Davis in Lubbock.

Lee will finish the year strong and prove Bo correct, but some fans still won't be satisfied.

Oy, sad but so true.

I’ll right I change my :yeah to this post. I still agree with the Mizzou fans post as well. :thumbs

Good stuff. I'm betting you're pretty close to the mark.