2009 QB prediction

knapplc

Green gets kicked off the team for using a swear word outside the woodshead.

Is this thing on?

Sorry..

Most of me fully expects Green to redshirt this year, but there's a nagging feeling he'll see some action in the first or second game..I wonder if he'll stay around after next season.

Joe Broekemeier will take over the starting qb position in week 4 and beat Virginia Tech. He will be the 4th qb, after the other 3 go down to injuries. It will be a blessing in diguise as, all the other 3 get medical redshirts and Joe ends up taking us to a National Championship.

I call it as I see it

If Green is our clear cut number 2 guy I think it's a little silly that people think he is going to redshirt.

Not gonna happen, he will see playing time. We don't need him to redshirt, we have guy's coming in to fill the QB spot.

:yeah

Lee will start all season barring injury and I expect him to start next year as well. NU will continue to get quality QB recruits so no real purpose in redshirting Green if he's the #2 guy....A 3 year starter would be nice for a change though GBR!

Lee will inspire confidence after two strong outings. Maybe a little shaky in game one to start, but will find his rythem by the second quarter. After we shock VA Tech in their house everyone will be a believer!

Call me crazy...that's just the way I see it going down. Oh by the way I don't see an undefeated season, my glasses just aren't that rosey.

GBR

It sounds like Lee is the real deal, barring injury I see him keeping the job and being damn good by next season. Unfortunately Spano's injury screwed shirting Green and potentially getting three years of starts from him. That's just the way it goes.

I like how everyone just assumes Spano was the #2 guy, when in reality, he was probably #3 or maybe even #4.

This QB prediction is fun to read and I know Zac Lee will be the QB....however...I was reading on husker.com....that Zac Lee will graduate in 2010 and can play as a gradute student? Meaing he could be the QB next year??

Yes, Lee is a RJr. as far as eligibility goes and all indications are that he will play next season as well. He is a probable 2 year starter at this point, assuming he plays like we all think he can.

It's a different type of era in college football and freshmen come in sometimes ready to play plus the fact that Green was in camp for the spring. I see using Green much as Missouri used Daniels as a freshman and get him some snaps throughout the year with the 1's. I see some occasions where Lee needs to watch for a spell when he struggles a bit. Lee will be the #1 all season barring any injury but we are gonna see Green in every game. Next spring could get real interesting. Don't forget that Lee is a pretty good talent also. The Huskers have Gabbert coming in Spano hopefully on deck and will continue to attract qb's. Why sit one for a season and backlog everything. Use em!!