JGS30 Big 12 Predictions

JGS30

Alright kids, I'm gonna keep this shirt and sweet. Here is the final order of finish for the Big 12 North & South:

North:

Kansas 9-3 (5-3) Losses to Texas, OU and TT

Nebraska 8-4 (5-3) Losses to VT, OU, KU & Baylor

Colorado

Missouri

KSU

Iowa State

South:

Texas

OU

OSU

TT

Baylor

Texas A&M

Here's to an exciting 2009 College Football Season! Enjoy!

:clap

Before I get blasted for picking Baylor over Nebraska, let me go ahead and defende the pick:

Now, don't get it twisted, but I do think Nebraska is better than Baylor...BUT the game is in Waco, and Baylor returns alot of experience on both sides of the football....I don't even need to mention their outstanding QB and linebackers. The reason I picked them is because they (Baylor) will look at this game as a make or break game. Heck, they (Baylor) even mentioned it on their Big 12 Preview show that they have this game circled and that if they can beat Nebraska it would secure their first bowl in years!

For the record, I really did put my KU blinders to the side while pickng these games. I really went game by game and this is how it played out. I think Nebraska will beat MU to kick off the Big 12 season and I gave NU the nod over CU in Boulder and TT in Lincoln. I just don't like their trip to Baylor. I wouldn't pick KU over Baylor if my Hawks were going their.

Just wanted to clear that up before the hate mails start flying my way!

Before I get blasted for picking Baylor over Nebraska, let me go ahead and defende the pick:

Now, don't get it twisted, but I do think Nebraska is better than Baylor...BUT the game is in Waco, and Baylor returns alot of experience on both sides of the football....I don't even need to mention their outstanding QB and linebackers. The reason I picked them is because they (Baylor) will look at this game as a make or break game. Heck, they (Baylor) even mentioned it on their Big 12 Preview show that they have this game circled and that if they can beat Nebraska it would secure their first bowl in years!

For the record, I really did put my KU blinders to the side while pickng these games. I really went game by game and this is how it played out. I think Nebraska will beat MU to kick off the Big 12 season and I gave NU the nod over CU in Boulder and TT in Lincoln. I just don't like their trip to Baylor. I wouldn't pick KU over Baylor if my Hawks were going their.

No hate mail from me. The Baylor game looks very dangerous. Is Baylor's home field advantage going to be a big factor? From what I've heard, their stadium is not as intimidating as say a Texas, Nebraska, or Oklahoma. Either way, I see the big toss up games as being Baylor, Texas Tech, Missouri, Kansas, and Colorado. Win 5 of these, and Nebraska is sitting pretty. 4 will be a decent season and likely Big 12 North championship. 3 will be a season like last. Anything less than that I feel would be a disappointment.

Baylor has some athletes yes, but they lost their two best o linemen to the draft one of them being the #2 overall pick i believe. baylor is getting better but the game is won and lost up front on both sides and at this point they just don't have the depth to replace who they lost. we will not lose to baylor.

Alright kids, I'm gonna keep this shirt and sweet. Here is the final order of finish for the Big 12 North & South:

North:

Colorado

Missouri

KSU

Iowa State

South:

Texas

OU

OSU

TT

Baylor

Texas A&M

Edit: Never mind...KU doesn't play Baylor this year.

Now you've gone and ruined a perfectly good Sunday. A Sunday for all purposes was just another day like all others leading up to the start of the season in just under a week. So that I can continue along with my day, I'll counter and say that Nebraska will win the north, because many have written that it is to be and I've posted it in a previously posted thread titled "Outlook for '09" so it has to be true.

Outlook for '09

- KU will not win because they don't have the same quality of players and our D coordinator isn't named Cosgrove (who by the way is still trying to figure out that tricky scheme from the top dogs in Pop Warner)

Can't wait until the season starts so that we can clear all this up and you will come to see "what I know".

North:

Colorado

Missouri

KSU

Iowa State

South:

Texas

OU

OSU

TT

Baylor

Texas A&M

You've got KSU too high. No way they finish above 7th in the North

For the life of me I can't figure out why so many people are so high CU. They have below average qb play, their O and D lines are average at best, they have maybe 1 wideout that would put a little fear into a db, their rbs arent gamebreakers, their secondary isn't anything to brag about and their LBs are athletic but young and inexperienced, much like NU's. Stewart seems to be a good back but I would think he'd wear down in a season seeing as how he's like 170 lbs. I just don't see it.

For the life of me I can't figure out why so many people are so high CU. They have below average qb play, their O and D lines are average at best, they have maybe 1 wideout that would put a little fear into a db, their rbs arent gamebreakers, their secondary isn't anything to brag about and their LBs are athletic but young and inexperienced, much like NU's. Stewart seems to be a good back but I would think he'd wear down in a season seeing as how he's like 170 lbs. I just don't see it.

Probably because they were destroyed by injuries and still almost came into Lincoln and beat us had it not been for the "kick heard around the world".

No hate mail from me. The Baylor game looks very dangerous. Is Baylor's home field advantage going to be a big factor? From what I've heard, their stadium is not as intimidating as say a Texas, Nebraska, or Oklahoma. Either way, I see the big toss up games as being Baylor, Texas Tech, Missouri, Kansas, and Colorado. Win 5 of these, and Nebraska is sitting pretty. 4 will be a decent season and likely Big 12 North championship. 3 will be a season like last. Anything less than that I feel would be a disappointment.

yeah im not gonna say baylor is a gimme, but I don't think the game being in Waco should mean anything.

With all due respect to the huskers on here, no matter how you veiw it, KU and NU have 3-4 swing games that really could go either way. And to the poster talking about CU. I have CU at 3rd, not because I think they're great. It has to do with the fact that their schedule sets up nice for them and I'm not high on the other 3 in the division.