CB Anterio Sloan

lets hope he still gives us an official visit. maybe there is still a chance.

Someone said in the "other" thread about Sloan that apparantly Sloan hasn't been able to visit because he is in bad shape with his grades. Needs all the time he can get to focus on studies I guess, not sure how that will help him make the right choice, but I guess if you can't currently qualify anyway......

He was never considered a solid commit. can't say this is a surprise

No, but what is a surprise is the reason. He says he couldn't even get phone contact with Sanders. This is worse than a soft verbal reopening his commitment. It's a running theme with this staff. I think this recruiting class may end up a hard lesson if something isn't corrected, especially if we don't pull out a lot of Ws this season.

agreed, up to this point i haven't been worried about all the stories of our coaches not being in contact with the recruits, because i expected them to fix the mistakes... now, im not so positive.

i still think this class will end up fine, im just scared of how it'll get there...

An insider over on HI that is not a sunshine pumper and has been critical of recruiting has had it verified that we didn't sleep on Sloan, we backed-off.

Considering the EXTREME lack of attention Sloan claimed I figured something was up. Sanders isn't a hardcore recruiter but he isn't going to just ignore a cornerback he wants playing for him.

I'll be interested to see how his recruiting goes. Rivals has him as a 4* but he only has offers from Kentucky and Miss State right now. Auburn may offer. Thus-far Arky isn't taking.

An insider over on HI that is not a sunshine pumper and has been critical of recruiting has had it verified that we didn't sleep on Sloan, we backed-off.

Considering the EXTREME lack of attention Sloan claimed I figured something was up. Sanders isn't a hardcore recruiter but he isn't going to just ignore a cornerback he wants playing for him.

I'll be interested to see how his recruiting goes. Rivals has him as a 4* but he only has offers from Kentucky and Miss State right now. Auburn may offer. Thus-far Arky isn't taking.

i had heard that, im glad that its the case.

maybe i can keep my koolaid perspective after all.

Anterio Sloan.

With the offers he has now, it stands to reason that other schools might still be jumping into the fray. That doesn’t matter to him, because this decision was made for a reason. He said this is where he wants to go. “When I commit, that’s it. I don’t change my mind, because I committed for a reason,” he said. “Nebraska is where I want to be. They have the kind of coaches I want to play for and they are a great tradition.

I don’t care who else offers me. I committed to Nebraska. That’s where I am going to go.

Nice, man...nice.

• 1 month later...

Anterrio Sloan committed to Nebraska pretty early in the process only to turn an about face later and re-open his recruitment. A second and final decision may not come for some time, but from the looks of things, geography may play a bit of a factor. Sloan is content to wait things out right now and fight for a post-season berth.