CB Anterio Sloan

He sounds pretty solid.

Again, his trip up to Nebraska for the Spring Game will be his first opportunity to set foot inside the Husker state. With the offers he has now, it stands to reason that other schools might still be jumping into the fray. That doesn’t matter to him, because this decision was made for a reason. He said this is where he wants to go. “When I commit, that’s it. I don’t change my mind, because I committed for a reason,” he said. “Nebraska is where I want to be. They have the kind of coaches I want to play for and they are a great tradition.

“I don’t care who else offers me. I committed to Nebraska. That’s where I am going to go.”

OK, not to throw water on this guy, but a 5'9" corner? isn't that about the same height of Grixby? although he must be talented, that height factor could bother him at the next level?? just sayin...

Grixbys problem was not his height, I think it was more coaching. Grixby could line up with Limas Sweed and keep him from getting a jump ball...

When he gets here for the spring game, he will know he made the right choice.

:yeah

And as far as Grixby goes, which someone else brought up...Grixby could've been a great CB. He was just screwed by: 1) a dumbass position coach who couldn't even teach his DB's how to backpedal properly, 2) an incompetent moron manning the DC position and 3) a clueless head coach.

Anybody remember Barron Miles? He was an outstanding CB for the Huskers...

14 Barron Miles LCB 5-08 165 Sr. Roselle, N.Y. (Abraham Clark)

Guarantee if Bo and Marvin were here for Grix he'd have been a different player. BC's crony and the crony's can't--stay-at-a-job buddy really screwed our secondary up. It was to the point that our guys needed to go totally remedial last Spring but Sanders assumed they knew more than they did and the players wouldn't admit to the new boss how little they knew.

As far as Sloan goes NICE GET, we don't have many commits yet but two 4*'s is a hell of a start.

Guarantee if Bo and Marvin were here for Grix he'd have been a different player. BC's crony and the crony's can't--stay-at-a-job buddy really screwed our secondary up. It was to the point that our guys needed to go totally remedial last Spring but Sanders assumed they knew more than they did and the players wouldn't admit to the new boss how little they knew.

As far as Sloan goes NICE GET, we don't have many commits yet but two 4*'s is a hell of a start.

:yeah ----- ALL OF THAT

Guarantee if Bo and Marvin were here for Grix he'd have been a different player.

I couldn't agree more.

BC's crony and the crony's can't--stay-at-a-job buddy really screwed our secondary up. It was to the point that our guys needed to go totally remedial last Spring but Sanders assumed they knew more than they did and the players wouldn't admit to the new boss how little they knew.

Sad isn't it.

:horns2

To top it off, the constant belittling Elmo was doing to the corners was very damaging. This is a position on the football field where you need extreme confidence in your abilities and moreover support from your coach. Grixby and Jones both had great hips and athleticm to play the position, I to can't help but wonder what they would have turned out like if Sanders/Brothers Pelini had coached them.

• 3 weeks later...
Again, his trip up to Nebraska for the Spring Game will be his first opportunity to set foot inside the Husker state. With the offers he has now, it stands to reason that other schools might still be jumping into the fray. That doesn’t matter to him, because this decision was made for a reason. He said this is where he wants to go. “When I commit, that’s it. I don’t change my mind, because I committed for a reason,” he said. “Nebraska is where I want to be. They have the kind of coaches I want to play for and they are a great tradition.

I don’t care who else offers me. I committed to Nebraska. That’s where I am going to go.

What quotes?...

He was on 1620 the other day and I got the feeling that he wasn't quite 100% solid to NU as well. Kugler flat out asked him if he was solid and he said something like yes for right now I am solid but we'll see. I hope we can hold on to this guy, I noticed he was just named the number 2 overall player in Arkansas. This could be a case of us letting him know that we are only taking one corner and he wanted to hold his spot while also keeping his options open.

Many players who commit early continue to listen to offers from other schools. Ekeler said for many recruits, choosing a school early helps build leverage for more interest and scholarship offers.

“Kids play the game, too,” Ekeler said. “Some kids will commit early and then will call you up. They’re maybe kids you haven’t offered yet and they call you up and say ‘Coach, I want to let you know, I still love the Huskers.’”

Cornerback Anterio Sloan, who is currently committed to NU’s 2010 class, may be one of those recruits playing the game.

“We will see what happens down the line,” Sloan told Rivals.com on April 20. “Right now, I am solid to Nebraska.”

http://www.dailynebraskan.com/sports/accel...aches-1.1727057